Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I think it's fair to call the plot of Wick relatively simple, but I wouldn't call it weak. Plus, the world the movie operated in - assasins network, gold coins, etc., was very original.

Plus, IMO, not all movies need complex plots to be enjoyable or rewatchable. When the imagery and action is good enough to make up for it, I'm fine with a simple plot. That was the case with Wick. They just needed some reason for the beautiful mayhem to start and the plot did that effectively.

But to each his own...

How is John Wick not rewatchable? :lol:

Plot was weak to begin with.

Watched it last week, turned it off halfway through. 

Still excited for 2

why would you be excited to watch a sequal to a movie you had to turn off halfway through?

He watched it all the way through on the first watch and enjoyed it, just thinks it doesn't hold replay value.

I've seen Wick 1 so many times :lol:

Word. It was an instant classic the moment I first saw it. I've seen maybe 8 times while paying attention. Prob way more times while doing other stuff around the house :rofl:

The John Wick premise/plot is the classic badass action hero 80s plot.

Definitely a modern day classic.

I thought dude was talking about the sequel (and saw it already) when he called it weak.

:x  You wasting time.

That **** all kinds of garbage. That's when I was like Spike is officially bad now. I could salvage from his other movies ppl aint like but that? :stoneface:

Those scenes :evil:  :nthat:

The shower scene :rofl:

I always found it rather insulting for some reason that a movie, this movie was called "Da" Blood of Jesus instead of "The", so I never paid it any mind. I didn't even know it was a Spike Lee Joint, it was on the channel and I realized that it was Da Blood and started watching for a minute, two seconds later Rami Malek was on screen an interesting scene (probably the best scene of the movie TBH but I only picked up from where the guy Hessen was on the bench with the Lady with the baby) so I left it on, then read the info about what it was while it was paused, clicked the IMDB real quick to get the scope, and then hit play. The thing that kept me watching was how bad the score was and I was like, man I have to finish this. It just got worse and worse and worse and worse and worse. That score though? Holy crap that was crap. I mean it was just crap *** crap.

I remember reading an article about Spike using Kickstarter to fund a movie and the (I think the inventors of the site not quite sure but someone) article was upset that he was rich and using Kickstarter to make another crap movie. This was that movie I think.

Anyway, Spike is mental, that was crap.

[thread="287925"]Speaking of Spike Lee, his last decent film(s) was what exactly?   Inside Man?  25th Hour?   [/thread]
[thread="287925"] [/thread]
[thread="287925"]Long time... :smh:   [/thread]
Inside Man basically. There's also Miracle At St. Anna

Last edited:
Inside Man basically. There's also Miracle At St. Anna
looked through his fimography and aside from the obvious classics, i loved inside man, summer of sam and clockers. as far as the most recent decent film, the oldboy remake was pretty good imo. never got to see miracle at st anna. i see chiraq got an 80% on rotten tomatoes. i couldn't watch more than 15 minutes of that movie.

Everybody know NETFLIX has been cooking with their Original programming.

Amazon has some really good content as well. (especially now that their commercial breaks are gone)

I paid for Amazon Prime a few years back and didn't subscribe longer than a month because not only did they add commercials but their Original Content wasn't viewable in succession, you had one episode per week.

Anyway sorry for the ramble.

Finished Sneaky Pete a few weeks back and it was
pimp.gif

Watched Goliath after that and it was 
pimp.gif

Just started Mad Dogs and it is
pimp.gif

Paying for Cable is a thing of the past.

Last edited:
Would only get amazon prime to watch Man In The High Castle season 2.

Already paying for netflix, hbo now, and wwe network.

Steven Seagal 80's movies (and early 90's with Under Siege) were great.

Out For Justice was :wow:
Marked for Death
Out For Justice
Hard To Kill
Then the 2 Under Siege's.

Dude was outstanding back then.

Point Break, Road House, Tango and Cash, Rambo, Die Hard, Commando, all classic.

Calling Wick 80's worthy is no slight, imo. Especially since it is modernized now. A today's 80's film. Nothin wrong with that.

I think king koopa is just trolling? Can't be serious, No way José

Last edited:
Haha I liked the movie.

I really liked the movie.

It just has no replay value to me.

Yall wanna catch these bruises over that, pull up.

80s action movies had some the cheesiest plots in Hollywood history.

I also enjoyed those too.

Just stating facts.

Last edited:
off topic but does anyone use the firestick? I can't figure out how to close the "launch" notification. Please PM me on how to get rid of it.

BONUS: guess that movie

Of course Samuel L is in Kong is King.

I'm sure it's the same character we've seen time and time again.
It makes all these movies seem the same to me.
I'm sick of that character.
Can they find another guy?
Sick. Of. Him., playing "that" guy.

Haven't even seen a preview, but I'm pretty sure he's that same guy.

Man stop hating on Samuel L. He is an excellent actor. Just cuz he's a movie ***** and will be in any movie as long as he gets paid or likes one thing about it doesn't mean he doesn't mix it up acting wise.

Dude he was in Hateful 8 aint the same guy in Tarzan who isn't the same guy in Cell who isn't the same guy in Chi-Raq who isn't the same guy in xXx who isn't the same guy he was in Miss P's Peculiar Children who probably aint the same guy in Kong.

:lol:

Last edited:
Hateful8 was great. The character was fine.

Tarzan I've seen, that's the character I'm talking about.
The Kingsman, same character.
Xxx, same character.

The rest of those I haven't seen.

Kong, I'm sure it's the same character as XXX and Kingsman and Avengers and Star Wars and probably RoboCop that I haven't seen.

Same ****, just packaged different.

Last edited:
Oh yea, Jumper, same kind of poop.
Crap *** one demensional carbon copy character, just different story and package.

Wait, there's no way the character Jackson played in Kingsman is the same guy he plays in xXx and Tarzan :lol:

Dude he played in Kingsman was a crazy villain with a lisp that got queasy when he saw blood. A boss and in command but crazy.

I at least know the NSA dude he plays in xXx is not the same. That dude is just Nick Fury lite. Assembling a team or operative for a deadly mission.

The dude he plays in Kong seems like a no nonsense leader of a military unit. Something we've seen from Jackson before like in Snakes on A Plane or Star Wars prequels or SWAT.

It makes no sense to me that you think the dude in Kingsman is the same character as Mace Windu. Its not even the same acting.

Sam has done so many movies we've seen his wide range as an actor. He plays many different types. We've seen him be a soft *****, we've seen him be outrageous and crazy, we've seen him be cool and charming, we've seen him be a bad ***, stern and strong, cold and menacing, troubled and disturbed, and happy go lucky.

Of the movies you named there's no way you can make sense of all those characters being the same.

As far as Jumper well that villain type is a stock type Sam has shown he's easily mastered when it's time to just shell out a role for a movie that aint that amazing but is more of a popcorn flick.

I got a better idea of what type of character you're talking about but all the examples do not match up. You can not repackage Mace Windu and end up with Richmond Valentine. Also if you ever watch Robocop you'll probably see why you're so off there :lol: Sam's in the movie for like 15 min if that iirc.

If you can find it I recommend you go watch Reasonable Doubt starring Samuel L. Jackson. It'll refresh your view on Sam playing the villain/bad guy.

Of course the core of your problem seems to be due to the writing more than the acting and the movie I suggested has superior writing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom