Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

He probably turned down or was too busy but I was surprised he wasn't Bosley in Charlie's Angels.

Probably wasn't interested since he was either filming Unbreakable or Shaft at the time.

I mean remake Shaft, do a dope movie, or be the male secretary and comedic relief to 3 women in an action comedy.

Last edited:
random recent watch

been meaning to check this out for years b/c it's written/directed by the same dude who wrote the exorcist and the poster with the moon landing and jesus on the cross always intrigued me.

definitely an odd movie with tonal shifts between suspense and comedy that are a bit jarring, but for the most part i rather enjoyed it.

Lot of familiar faces, most notably a young herschel from TWD, robert loggia, Gazzo from Rocky 1 and father karras from the exorcist.

Karras is adapting shakespeare's plays only using dogs and Gazzo is his "casting agent" :lol:

Looked on imdb and i guess William Peter Blatty passed away just last month

5.75/8

Damn......

Will Smith got a Netflix movie coming out 
mean.gif

Buddy cop movie with an ork

Get out your lane for too long..................

Last edited:
Damn......

Will Smith got a Netflix movie coming out :smh:

Buddy cop movie with an ork

Get out your lane for too long..................

I remember clowning him when I first saw this pic. He needs to either fire his agent or actually hire one. Some of his choices have been weird.

Last edited:
He's given up on his proven formula and is lost now that he's older.

His last sci-fi joint that was years ago.

Damn shame. I like Will Smith and most of his movies. Now he's making all these weird choices.

I don't see how he hasn't done a movie with the Rock yet smh

Last edited:
Pretty much any role The Rock has could be Will's if he wants it. At the very least they could teaming up in these movies.

Will couldn't do Baywatch or Black Adam (whenever that comes out). Probably not the guy Rock plays in FF.

Maybe he could play that role in the movie with Kevin Hart.

Last edited:
Will needs to do a film with Tarantino or somebody like that already to get a comeback going

He had his chance for that and turned it down because he demanded Tarantino rewrite Django to have more lines and feature him more. If this is common practice for him then I get why anyone worth a **** doesn't want to work with him anymore.

Last edited:

Will needs to do a film with Tarantino or somebody like that already to get a comeback going

He had his chance for that and turned it down because he demanded Tarantino rewrite Django to have more lines and feature him more. If this is common practice for him then I get why anyone worth a **** doesn't want to work with him anymore.
And Big Willy probably wants top pay too.

This could all be reversed with a strong performance in a solid role.

SO you think that Smith appearing in a Netflix movie is bad for or hurt his career, or that it's the kind of Film he has been reduced to? Man I doubt it.

Something tells me Will is cool with where his career is at and wants to be in that space he is in, not so much the space he was.

He's on a different Vibration as far as the material he covers etc.

He probably did the Focus and SS flicks to fulfil some Hollywood obligation etc.

I bet Smith got stupid $ for this Film, maybe even a % of Net costs or something.

Netflix getting Will in a movie is huge for them. Lends incredible legitimacy to NFLX as a major player in the movie space now. Wish they'd release films in theaters like Amazon though, even as limited runs if they're worried about cost.

Will not watch, btw.

SO you think that Smith appearing in a Netflix movie is bad for or hurt his career, or that it's the kind of Film he has been reduced to? Man I doubt it.

Something tells me Will is cool with where his career is at and wants to be in that space he is in, not so much the space he was.

He's on a different Vibration as far as the material he covers etc.

He probably did the Focus and SS flicks to fulfil some Hollywood obligation etc.

I bet Smith got stupid $ for this Film, maybe even a % of Net costs or something.

His career is fine. Don't think anything will ruin his career at this point minus a scandal.

While I agree that Will has fallen off some in terms of the quality of his films and his film selection, his career is fine. According to IMB, he's got 4 other movies on deck besides the Netflix one, but including 2 Bad Boys sequels.

And like someone said, Netflix is the real deal now. Doing a movie for them is not like doing a straight-to-DVD/Lifetime TV kind of thing. Will's movie for Netflix also involves a legit director (David Ayer), legit writer (Max Landis) and other A/A- list stars like Noomi Rapace and Joel Edgerton.

My bet is that Netflix will start producing increasingly more products of that scale.

Netflix getting Will in a movie is huge for them. Lends incredible legitimacy to NFLX as a major player in the movie space now. Wish they'd release films in theaters like Amazon though, even as limited runs if they're worried about cost.

Will not watch, btw.
Man, stop playing.

You literally just sent me a text of you singing Gettin' Jiggy With It.

laugh.gif

watched hidden figures. it was a really well done movie. acting was great. enjoyed it for the most part but i spent much of the time being angry while watching it. angry at the racism in the past, angry that we're supposed to feel good when the white hero rescues black people from poor treatment, angry that it wasn't even long ago when these conditions existed, angry that we really haven't come THAT far, and angry that the current administration looks to be taking us backwards. that being said, i'm glad they made the movie and i hope plenty of people watch it. i'll definitely have them show it to the clients here at the rehab i work at.

watched passengers today. it's not that bad of a movie :lol: the acting was good for what it was. plot elements were wayyyy too convenient more than a few times in the movie but i actually didn't hate it. 5.2/8

watched hidden figures. it was a really well done movie. acting was great. enjoyed it for the most part but i spent much of the time being angry while watching it. angry at the racism in the past, angry that we're supposed to feel good when the white hero rescues black people from poor treatment, angry that it wasn't even long ago when these conditions existed, angry that we really haven't come THAT far, and angry that the current administration looks to be taking us backwards. that being said, i'm glad they made the movie and i hope plenty of people watch it. i'll definitely have them show it to the clients here at the rehab i work at.

watched passengers today. it's not that bad of a movie
laugh.gif
the acting was good for what it was. plot elements were wayyyy too convenient more than a few times in the movie but i actually didn't hate it. 5.2/8
Reasons I don't need to watch it.

I've seen this premise before. 

While I wouldn't mind being privy to this information, I'd rather read about it on my accord (since it wasn't taught in Grade School) then some Film by .......yea nevermind, no interest in watching this ever.

My Father and Mother are going to love it though.

Back
Top Bottom