Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Oh I see now. Just read the plot. That's stupid.

So unnecessary. Why did all those stars agree to do that movie after reading that script?

Still about loss and grief but a lot of extra crap.

Last edited:
Point Break
Speed
The Matrix + 2
John Wick + 1

Bill and Ted + 1
Devil's Advocate
Constantine
Something's Gotta Give
A Scanner Darkly
Knock Knock
Street Kings
Chain Reaction
The Day the Earth Stood Still
The Watcher (underrated)
The Replacements
Hardball

My dude is 52. He won't ever win an Oscar, but his resume.......

Dude spends money like a teacher. Has had incredible tragedy in his life. Truly genuine guy. (Vid of him offering seat on subway)

keanu reeves really seems like a genuinely nice guy. i only wish the best of success for him. wish tarentino would cast him in one of his movies.

The Replacements is probably my favorite Keanu movie after the first Matrix movie, and I don't even like football

Last edited:
keanu reeves really seems like a genuinely nice guy. i only wish the best of success for him. wish tarentino would cast him in one of his movies.

Funny you say that, halfway thru Wick 2 I literally thought QT gotta be pissed he didn't think of this movie. John is The Bride without a sword. QT would feast in this world.

I would love a QT/Keanu team up.

John Wick 2. Loved the ending. His slow realization of what's next...

7.5/8

I swear the need to put a stat screen up before the credits like it's a video game with all the headshots and hit percentages.

Shout out to Common for being in this. Cassian was cool and the fight scenes were great. I'd like a Cassian prequel/spin-off

Anyone else think it would have been cooler during the end if all the assassin's they were showing were cameos?

Last edited:
Sidenote :

Common is carving himself a little niche in these action movies as a villain.

Making that transition from music to movies :pimp:

He played a weird role in suicide squad. joker tried to get a ****old situation going on.

Last edited:
John Wick 2. Loved the ending. His slow realization of what's next...

7.5/8

I swear the need to put a stat screen up before the credits like it's a video game with all the headshots and hit percentages.

Shout out to Common for being in this. Cassian was cool and the fight scenes were great. I'd like a Cassian prequel/spin-off

Anyone else think it would have been cooler during the end if all the assassin's they were showing were cameos?

I absolutely told my wife we needed a Statham at the end, or The Rock, or Daniel Craig, etc. To show us the stakes are bout to be crazy.

Don't read if you haven't seen John Wick 2 yet........

Man, I was surprised by the first, stunned really, and had ridiculous hopes and expectations for 2, and damnit if they didn't deliver.

Jumping in with both feet, credits didn't even roll and Wick was on the move.

The choreography of the first fights/car crashes.

Peace.

Going to Rome and meeting the Tailor/Gun shop guys. :pimp:

Tactical. :lol:

The Marker, that helped him achieve that impossible task. :nerd:

"Are you here for the Pope?" :wow: :rofl:

The high table. :nerd:

The Silencer shootout with Common amongst a crowd. (Nods to Assassins)

Fight in the subway.

The bum had a silenced piece on him. :rofl: :rofl:

The operators. :wow: :rofl:
Straight texting every thug on earth real time contracts.

The violinist. :wow:

John never missed a shot. Dude had more accuracy than Philip Rivers in his wife.

I've never seen so many flip/rolls in my life. Had to have been 100+

The pencil. :wow:

These two films basically take place over 1-2 weeks. John has murdered 250ish people, we've seen one cop. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

On Continental grounds. :wow: :wow: :wow:

"I'll kill them all" :pimp:

He gave him a marker to use later. :nerd:

This world/universe they've created is amazing. A world of hitmen, organized and unseen, with its own currency and rules. It's Bondsian territory with the things they can do. They can do sequels and prequels as long as they want. I'm dying to know/see the impossible task.

Bobayega :smokin

I wish only one thing, when the texts went out, I would have loved to have seen a couple say "**** that" and thrown their phones away, to go along with the Boogeyman fear factor his name should carry. Not every hitman should want a piece of him like that. Some of them gotta know it ain't worth dyin over.

I can't wait for 3. :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Crimson Peak was okay. 5/8. Watched it mainly for Mia and Jessica. It was very well produced visually though. Looked really good, really captured the period.

Free State of Jones 6/8. This should've got way more attention. This was a really good adaption of a true story. For the 2 hrs it got a little flat once or twice but it definitely hit the emotional lows it aimed to reach.

MM was solid. Ali was really good. Gugu was good. Didn't even know my girl Keri Russell was in this.

Last edited:
Damnit C CP1708

I can't wait to see JW 2 so I can read your post. Scrolling down and seeing :wow: :wow: and :rofl: :rofl: emojis got me hyped!

Master Zik Master Zik

I was soooooo disappointed with Crimson peak. My expectations were through the roof and I was severely let down. I agree the visuals are off the chain though. I think I rated it a 4.6/8

for those who have seen john wick 2, has any franchise set up a subsequent movie better?

for those who have seen john wick 2, has any franchise set up a subsequent movie better?

The only time I can remember was Batman Begins leading to Dark Knight with the Joker card

I hope these directors keep making action movies these guys know what the hell their doing

[quote name="calibeebee" url="/t/287925/oh-im-sorry-did-i-break-your-conversation-well-allow-me-a-movie-thread-by-s-t/59300_100#] Master Zik Master Zik

I was soooooo disappointed with Crimson peak. My expectations were through the roof and I was severely let down. I agree the visuals are off the chain though. I think I rated it a 4.6/8[/quote]
I was never gonna watch it. I barely **** with horror like that but then I saw it on HBO the other night and was like why the **** not? I gotta thing for Mia and thoroughly enjoy Jessica'a acting (I watched Huntsman: Winter's War for her (and Emily)), plus Del Toro directed it so I said why not.

Had no expectations but it was w/e. Wasn't terrible but plot was almost by the #s. Almost felt it didn't need that while seeing dead ppl/ghosts angle at all. Barely helped her when you got Jax showing up to tell her what she just figured out by the end.

Now you got me forgetting. There was some movie everybody was raving about how impressive it was the sequel was better than the first installment.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom