Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

:lol: sausage party was decent, it was just extremely disturbing. Like the ending caught me so off guard, I felt like I needed to take a cold shower :rofl:

Did anybody catch "Gold" yet? It looked really good to me but I hadn't heard anything since it came out, and I'm not sure if it's still in theaters

Arrival is the best Film I have ever watched.

How brilliant.

None of it was making sense, but when it came together, it almost brought a tear to my eye.

I was moved.

It opens the mind to such possibilities, opens my mind to more, opened it more.

[emoji]128566[/emoji]

I'm blown away.

8/8

Sounding like

58d4ada4b526430391379463ca8cb1ec

Last edited:
Arrival is the best Film I have ever watched.

How brilliant.

None of it was making sense, but when it came together, it almost brought a tear to my eye.

I was moved.

It opens the mind to such possibilities, opens my mind to more, opened it more.

[emoji]128566[/emoji]

I'm blown away.

8/8

raw
:lol: Word.

I thought it was good but not as amazing some are saying. Nothing to have that type of reaction with that twist.

Just a heartfelt sci-fi flick about a mother and some hard to communicate with aliens.

:lol: thought it was just me. I liked the fresh take, but didn't feel it was that mind blowing or as smart. Dudes were talking like you needed atleast a master's degree to get it.

They prolly own the cops too. What power do the cops really have.

Was watching the first one and every time the dad talk to his greyjoy about John is dope.

:lol: sausage party was decent, it was just extremely disturbing. Like the ending caught me so off guard, I felt like I needed to take a cold shower :rofl:

Did anybody catch "Gold" yet? It looked really good to me but I hadn't heard anything since it came out, and I'm not sure if it's still in theaters
Its what I semi-expected until that part :lol: Coming off This Is The End nobody should be surprised. That was nothing but live-action perverted debauchery.

I'll be peeping Gold pretty soon.

:lol: thought it was just me. I liked the fresh take, but didn't feel it was that mind blowing or as smart. Dudes were talking like you needed atleast a master's degree to get it.
Yeah, I remember some posts before I saw it and then I saw it and was like am I watching the same movie? :lol:

The time twist was cool but hell the situation itself was pretty ****** up.

Last edited:
anyone else catch legion? is there a thread for it? i thought it was a really great first episode. not sure about jean smart being in there but i'm excited to watch this unfold (i never read the comic).

Vince Vaughn's muggle quidditch halftime speech about Flashdane in the Internship is an underrated movie moment. ... "she arched her back, grabbed the chain to nowhere and doused herself with water!!!" LOL.

There's a Legion thread.

Premiere was okay to me with potential. I can recognize the good job they did in reflecting a mentally ill person's life and then adding super powers that aren't controlled on top of it.

Haven't been to the movies in awhile, I've been slowing watching some of the Oscar nominees before the big night, and I'm going to enjoy John Wick by myself in a matinee showing on Thursday. Just zone out and watch the glory 
pimp.gif

:pimp: :pimp:
I'm trying to figure out how to get my girl to watch Wick with me on Valentine's Day instead of fifty shades. I would have no probes watching it by myself but I hate the wait.

Watched Moonlight, honestly can't really think of anything negative to say about it. I hope it wins Best Film.

Not a single scene felt wasted and it all seemed so genuine and real. Salute to all the actors.

I enjoyed all the films for this years Academy pool, nothing super wowed me though. Moonlight has my vote.
Yeah this year has been pretty good. Arrival would be my second favorite.

I tried to watch La La Land but I've always disliked musicals and while this one is clearly a work of art in that category, it's just not for me whatsoever. Had to turn it off after a while.

Last edited:
Finally saw La la land because I was on a flight, it was cool. Good performances and visuals, good throwback to classic hollywood. ****** for sure fell into the hype though.

I love jazz, was raised on it, so I'm partial to La La Land.

The story was pretty straightforward too.

A few years ago I would have been pretty interested in seeing Bleed for This.

I just don't think I can watch that story again.

Seems like I've seen it a few too many times.

:pimp: :pimp:
I'm trying to figure out how to get my girl to watch Wick with me on Valentine's Day instead of fifty shades. I would have no probes watching it by myself but I hate the wait.

Did you tell her that Fifty Shades is supposed to be comically terrible? That might help.

what was so good about arrival? 
nerd.gif
There are so many good things about the Arrival.

The thing that gets me even before you get into the Standards that you can love or hate such as the cast, the acting, directing, the sound, editing is the Story.

Just the story in itself is Science Fiction but it is so digestible. 

Believable.

Science Fiction is not so Fiction, I think we've been lied to in an enormous way about this kind of stuff.

It's smart too. 

The approach is so dope man.

I love some Amy Adams and this is a pretty average acting job from her in that regard but I think it kind of fit the tone of the Story, and I actually think it's on purpose, which makes it even more impressive.

Her character is this numb Teacher who has grown bland but that is because has experienced something pretty devastating and has to live with that even before she has to live with it, but she doesn't even know that she is living with it. I mean wrap your head around that for a second.

While everything is going on though, I swear it seems like there is a Album playing in the background, that is telling a second story on top of the Story we are watching.

The sound was amazing on a Gravity level for me.

I think when people start to list or start thinking of their "Favorite movies" or which film they think is GOAT etc, a lot of it is subjective and is tied closer to their own current personal struggles or ascension.

I'm at an age where I don't do a whole lot of surface thinking or materialistic living, I'm much more interested on why we are and how and what else is out there.

Time, is something that I find very intriguing right now because I looked up not to long ago and realized I'm not young anymore.

So, that's just a small tidbit of why I might have heaped so much praise on this Film immediately but, I think even if I remove my emotional attachment(not possible to do) from the grade, that I would still list this as a perfect Film for all of the other reasons such as cast, score, editing, directing and most important, the Story.

I legit could write thousands of words on what this Film does well, but I have a fat *** Burrito on my desk that I'm about to smash.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom