Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

That ending though :smh: That really soured me on this. I skipped past chunks of songs and this was still a long 2 hr movie. I was engaged in the story and for it all to lead up to that? Its like they tried to pull a 500 Days of Summer. Sorry you're not 500 Days of Summer b. Get back together like every damn romcom formula. Nobody digging this realistic ****.

Movie would've been a 6/8 if not for that awful ending :lol: :x That **** was a gut punch. Had me like what the **** is going on? 5 years and you got a husband and a kid? Whole time I'm waiting for them to reveal the family is her acting in a movie and they were fooling the audience. I was on that even when they were in the car. Then they walk in to the club :stoneface:

Yall go off to pursue ya dreams and it's over like that? Yet if it wasn't for both of yall you would've been gave up on ya dreams. You owe each other and don't even try to get back together? **** outta here.

Damn the ending got your feels breh :lol: Reminds me of when I saw it in theaters with my friend and I could see the wind go out of him after the epilogue was over lmao

Emma was a thot anyway, yall saw how she did my man's Greg. Then ended up marrying a Greg looking *** dude anyway

Last edited:
I don't play the game so I have no strong feelings about what a movie should've been like.

The movie was okay to me. Liked Fass in this, Michael K. was cool. Like I said if the fight scenes were better I would've liked it even more.
Agreed with Michael K. he's dope in almost everything he does. I've played the majority of the games, probably why I hated the movie...

my amazon prime expires in 4 days and i'm not renewing. should I binge Sneaky Pete?

I got too many shows stacking up
mad.gif

Last edited:
watched manchester by the sea. the performances were really good, especially michelle williams, but i'm not sure if i was expecting something more to happen at the end. i really loved how it was edited. 6.5/8

Do i have to watch the other resident evils to enjoy/watch this last one coming out this weekend?  

my lady wants to see it and im on the fence

i think i've seen the 1st one or 2 

watched manchester by the sea. the performances were really good, especially michelle williams, but i'm not sure if i was expecting something more to happen at the end. i really loved how it was edited. 6.5/8

Exactly how I felt. Like I was waiting for something more epic to happen. Also, was it weird to you that there wasn't a big crime aspect to this movie with Afleck being in it? From the get go, I thought there was going to be some big murder cover up, or police conspiracy, or kidnapping or something. Im just so used to him being in major crime flicks that's it's weird seeing him in a true "drama"

Last edited:
Sure, but a perfect score?

My close to perfect score is based off all aspects of the film that were done well. I can't really point out any spots in the film that Weren't done to the very best of the industry. Sound, acting, editing, cinematography, art direction, whatever you name it, it was all done to the very best and its 14 Oscar nominations is a testament to that. whether I enjoyed the dancing and singing or not had no effect on my thoughts about the quality of the movie

Im glad there wasn't some big cathartic moment in Manchester. The movie is better for it imo, it's probably the most realistic portrayal of dealing with grief and depression that I've ever seen.

It hit me so hard in the end when

Patty asks Lee why he can't stay and Lee tells him "I can't beat it" :frown:

A more conventional movie might have Lee getting over his past and living together with Patty. Here we end up with them living apart, but it looks like Lee is at least taking little steps in recovering. I think the right call was made imo.

From the the writer/director Kenneth Lonergan himself

"I don’t like the fact that, nowadays, it feels like it's not permissible to leave something unresolved," Lonergan says. "I mean, what the **** is closure? Some people never get that. Some people live with their trauma for years. I'm not interested in rubbing people's faces in suffering, or in saying, 'These are the tough facts of life that I know and you don't!' But I don't like this lie that everybody gets over things that easily. Some people can't get over something major that's happened to them at all; why can’t they have a movie too? Why can’t there be one film about somebody who doesn't magically bounce back?"

Reactions: TXZ
Speaking of Michael K. Williams. I forgot to mention when I brought up Triple 9.

Cg1HOlIUoAAuHrz.jpg

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: @ his role in Triple 9 and Woody palming his ***. So unexpected and wild.

Do i have to watch the other resident evils to enjoy/watch this last one coming out this weekend?  
my lady wants to see it and im on the fence

i think i've seen the 1st one or 2 
You can watch it without seeing the previous flicks but I dunno if you'll enjoy it :lol:

Last edited:
The old lady from titanic was nominated for even less screen time than that, what's the problem?

Nothing at all it's my favorite movie from last year and he's a dam good actor but I think dude who played chiron in high school should have got a nom.

The old lady from titanic was nominated for even less screen time than that, what's the problem?

Nothing at all it's my favorite movie from last year and he's a dam good actor but I think dude who played chiron in high school should have got a nom.

He barely said ****. I got it, but each iteration of the character was annoying me a bit with how long he took to say anything. I enjoyed Ali's character, good guy making the best of a bad situation. Seems like either him or his lady couldn't have kids.

I forgot The Magicians was back. Will catch the replay. If I was on that show i'd give the douchey indian guy a fade for being disrespectful all the time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom