Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I dig the Shannara Chronicles. Lead chick fits my idea of fun sized fun to a T :evil:

The other chick is way better. She was the little girl in Pan's Labyrinth and is now posting bikini pics on her ig.

Last edited:
Anybody ever seen the movie Ravenous on Netflix?

Killer cast. Great concept, but such a wacky movie. I can't tell if it was trying to be a dark comedy or serious.

Anyways, Guy pierce is a soldier returning from the Mexican American war. During the war, he was captured behind enemy lines and developed cannibalism.

So he returns home to a secluded military base with a secret hunger for human flesh. Then a drifter wanders into their camp and all hell breaks loose pretty quick. I feel like it could have a cult following if it was edited a little better and the music wasn't so weird.

Overall I give it a 5.8 outta 8. Very quirky memorable performances from the crazies and a wild ride throughout.

^ Pan's Labyrinth chick (Ivana Baquero) aging quite nicely -- got the vag tattoo too

smokin.gif

Anybody ever seen the movie Ravenous on Netflix?

Killer cast. Great concept, but such a wacky movie. I can't tell if it was trying to be a dark comedy or serious.

Anyways, Guy pierce is a soldier returning from the Mexican American war. During the war, he was captured behind enemy lines and developed cannibalism.

So he returns home to a secluded military base with a secret hunger for human flesh. Then a drifter wanders into their camp and all hell breaks loose pretty quick. I feel like it could have a cult following if it was edited a little better and the music wasn't so weird.

Overall I give it a 5.8 outta 8. Very quirky memorable performances from the crazies and a wild ride throughout.
Been meaning to peep this but I've had no time. Saturday I'm catching like 3-5 flicks easy.

Interesting movie I started watching. Will probably finish tomorrow.

Its called Black or White.

Kevin Costner plays a guy who is forced to fight for custody of his biracial granddaughter after her grandmother dies. And I'm sensing the character is racist and hates all black ppl except for his granddaughter. Interesting twist.

Wonder how it ends.

Last edited:
I remember the commercials for that movie. The promos made me want to avoid it.

Last edited:
Watching Shannara Chronicles and Magicians simultaneously. Episode 7 on the Magicians and probably episode 8 with the Shannara Chronicles.

SC more my jam. Each episode keeps up the momentum from the last and plays like a long movie. Magicians is much more slowly paced and my attention wanders at the beginning of each episode until it gets good. And it's funny how the most interesting character isn't even at Breakbills lol

Last edited:
magicians is corny af... some of the girls look good though. 
I put it on and went to episode 4, and I'm going to watch that too, right now. Then I'm going to watch the rest of them. Tonight. Back to back to back. I'm a corny dude though, is what I'm learning. Oh well, be cool.

Last edited:
just finished patriots day. what a super mixed bag of thoughts and feelings for me, especially given the current political landscape.
i enjoyed the scene on the field with david ortiz and the accompanying music.
the ending where they showed the pics of the victims was difficult to watch.
i didn't get any anti-muslim vibe at all, just a ****ton of oorah america...almost bordering on propaganda maybe?

absolutely loved the soundtrack 8/8 for trent reznor
movie overall....maybe 5/8
can't figure out why this movie, or movies like it, are made. i'd rather have watched a documentary.

Patriots Day to me is like Deepwater Horizon and Lone Survivor. Marky Mark's grab at middle America's money with an "America **** yeah!" tone. Not necessarily made as propaganda against any certain group, but to appeal to middle and southern Americans sense of American "perseverance." I'm not a fan of the borderline exploitative nature of the films, hence I'll never watch them or comment on the quality, but he's found a recipe for decent box office success I suppose.

Last edited:
yeah man, i see that the money grab is ultimately why most movies are made. it also made me miss silicon valley cause jimmy o yang is in it.

I didn't see those other Marky Mark movies so I won't speak to those but Patriots Day is propaganda, it wasn't a money grab. Just the cost of imbedding that story deeper in the minds of Americans. If it lost any money that is a cost they live with, if it makes money that's cool too, but not the goal.

Patriots Day to me is like Deepwater Horizon and Lone Survivor. Marky Mark's grab at middle America's money with an "America **** yeah!" tone. Not necessarily made as propaganda against any certain group, but to appeal to middle and southern Americans sense of American "perseverance." I'm not a fan of the borderline exploitative nature of the films, hence I'll never watch them or comment on the quality, but he's found a recipe for decent box office success I suppose.

Just out of curiosity, why would middle America care about the movie more then east coasters asa well as anywhere else in America?

Think its a movie for those true die hard patriots which I consider east coasters.

Back
Top Bottom