Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

C23gmNXUAAEuQhC.jpg:large

The Incredibles was great. I almost want a sequel but Pixar's track record with sequels, in terms of quality, is very poor.

Finding Dory was gross and should have never been made.

Both Toy Story sequels have been excellent, arguably each better than the first. But Cars 2 and Finding Dory, yeah, not so much. And we're getting Cars 3 this Summer.

Werd. At the time of my post, the toy story sequels slipped my mind

I read all the books and they weren't particularly funny at all.

It was actually kinda depressing.

That's kinda the point. They constantly tell you its going to end up bad, its even in the title.

All the adults in that universe are smart idiots. :smh: Those poor kids.

Futurama love :pimp: Matt Groening really hit gold with both of his shows, shame the one that fell off is still the one running.

I don't know if I posted it here or in the thread "I never knew that" but obviously Groening created both Simpsons and Futurama but a main reason Groening created Futurama was to escape the boundaries that he created the simpsons in. Homer is limited to being on earth, gravity, living in unknown Springfield America etc. etc. you get it. With Futurama he unleashed thousands of possible episode ideas that homer couldn't obviously do. (death by snu-snu, nibbler being intelligent, Nixon being Prez, travelling to other planets each one more obscure then the last)

SPLIT was amazing.
I was like  
eek.gif
 once the unbreakable theme started playing and they showed bruce 
pimp.gif

Anyone peep the connection between the commuter train and the beast? Pretty much Mr. Glass created both a super hero and a villian when de railing the train. Mcevoy would have been young when his dad died during the train derailment during Unbreakable. Hence the flowers. 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
SPLIT was amazing.

I was like  :wow:  once the unbreakable theme started playing and they showed bruce :pimp:  

Anyone peep the connection between the commuter train and the beast? Pretty much Mr. Glass created both a super hero and a villian when de railing the train. Mcevoy would have been young when his dad died during the train derailment during Unbreakable. Hence the flowers. :nerd:  

I think I need to watch Unbreakable again

I get it's fantasy/fiction, but did I really just watch a Great Wall trailer with no Asians featured? wtf Matt Damon.

Last edited:
Assasin's Creed 5.7/8. This joint was cool. The balance between action and the story/plot was real good.

Fight choreography could've been better and more consistent from beginning to end but was entertaining.

To me the end clearly set up a sequel.

Equity 6/8. Watched this for Anna Gunn. In my head this is what Skylar White went on to do post Breaking Bad
laugh.gif
This movie though, it's a by the #s stock market/wall st intrigue flick but it's good and then in the end the Ls get handed to those you wouldn't expect and It's pretty ****** up.

The message was definitely endorsed by Gordon Gecko.
AC is garbage.

The end obviously sets up a sequel but there 100% shouldn't be one.

I don't know if I posted it here or in the thread "I never knew that" but obviously Groening created both Simpsons and Futurama but a main reason Groening created Futurama was to escape the boundaries that he created the simpsons in. Homer is limited to being on earth, gravity, living in unknown Springfield America etc. etc. you get it. With Futurama he unleashed thousands of possible episode ideas that homer couldn't obviously do. (death by snu-snu, nibbler being intelligent, Nixon being Prez, travelling to other planets each one more obscure then the last)
Eh, it's just different settings.

Simpson's have all of Earth as a playground.

Futurama is a legit sci-fi cartoon. Basically involves a form of time travel to kick off the whole thing.

Assasin's Creed 5.7/8. This joint was cool. The balance between action and the story/plot was real good.

Fight choreography could've been better and more consistent from beginning to end but was entertaining.

To me the end clearly set up a sequel.
AC is garbage.

The end obviously sets up a sequel but there 100% shouldn't be one.
I don't play the game so I have no strong feelings about what a movie should've been like.

The movie was okay to me. Liked Fass in this, Michael K. was cool. Like I said if the fight scenes were better I would've liked it even more.

Between SNL and Timeless just learned that the real Lone Ranger was black and has a doper story than any of the crap ever released.

Back
Top Bottom