Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Has anyone watched the netflix doc about Amanda Knox? I just started it, been interested in it for a while.

i saw it. i liked it.

Has anyone watched the netflix doc about Amanda Knox? I just started it, been interested in it for a while.

My wife watched it. She loves true crime stuff. She liked it and found that it gave a lot of info about the case she didn't know before.
So the doc was... tough. In a good way. Like the whole time it doesn't necessarily paint her and her co-defendant as guilty or innocent, but it outlines the tragedy and toll it took on everyone. And it was difficult to see, diving into their minds and stories the way the film did.

Very well done film. Like, I learned a lot about the case, but never came away with a hard decision on if she was guilty or not. I want to say she's innocent, and I agree with the acquittal based on the facts laid out, but it's just something I don't think we'll ever know for sure.

Hell of a story though.

Last edited:
Lay off the spoilers if you're interested at all in watching Split. Better to see the ending at the movies.

I would give the movie a 6.5/8

The last ten seconds of the movie was pretty cool. But tbh I was expecting the climax to go a certain way and it didn't turn out how I wanted it to.

But I think it might've been my fault for expecting a certain twist that didn't happen. I built up expectations for a movie to turn out a certain way so of course I was going to be somewhat let down.

Last edited:
Going to go ahead and Start Sneaky Pete.

A bit salty right now though, I don't have Amazon Prime so I was about to pay for it, then I realized I DO HAVE IT AND HAVE BEEN GETTING CHARGED!

I don't see the charges on my Bank Statements so I don't know where it's coming from? I haven't had it (knowingly) since I watched Alpha House and Betas a few years back, so those Bastards have been charging me? Man I need to get my monies in order. No telling what else my PayPal is paying for, need to check that out, but tomorrow, right now it's Sneaky Pete time. Salty AF though!

Last edited:
The Boss (with Melissa McCarthy) - 3.5/8. A couple of pretty funny moments, but mostly unfunny and predictable.

Also, he does as a solid job with what he's asked to do in this, but it sucks that, outside of GOT, Peter Dinklage is stuck with these clownish comedic roles. I mean, it's a testament to his talent that, as a little person, he's routinely co-starring in big studio movies, still though. I feel he could handle a straight-up dramatic movie role.

Bruhs, Beasts of No Nation was devastating. I been meaning to watch it since the Oscars last year, but it slipped off my radar until randomly coming across it last night. The movie was incredible, and the outrage for Idris and Abraham (Agu), and the movie itself, is warranted imo. I won't go into the politics of it, but the film deserved better. Sargeant Buttnaked deserves his own award though. No way it's comfortable carrying a machine gun with your pipe swinging around like that.

It was similar to the book A Long Way Gone, which was incredible in its own right and I recommend anyone who saw this film, pick up that book.

7.25/8

Aziz Ansari's delivery is always on point.

Dude is pretty good.

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/la-la-land-interrogation/3457925

If you ever liked Unbreakable, you might want to watch Split.

That's interesting. They don't seem like remotely similar films.

Funny you say that

All these inferences where people think they're not spoiling the movie have kinda spoiled Split for me since I haven't seen it yet and have it built in my head what to expect.

Last edited:
I go back-and-forth on this, but I currently think Incredibles is the best Pixar movie. Brilliant. So many layers for an animated film.

The Incredibles was great. I almost want a sequel but Pixar's track record with sequels, in terms of quality, is very poor.

Finding Dory was gross and should have never been made.

Assasin's Creed 5.7/8. This joint was cool. The balance between action and the story/plot was real good.

Fight choreography could've been better and more consistent from beginning to end but was entertaining.

To me the end clearly set up a sequel.

Equity 6/8. Watched this for Anna Gunn. In my head this is what Skylar White went on to do post Breaking Bad :lol: This movie though, it's a by the #s stock market/wall st intrigue flick but it's good and then in the end the Ls get handed to those you wouldn't expect and It's pretty ****** up.

The message was definitely endorsed by Gordon Gecko.

My fav sketch from last night's SNL was Aziz and Melissa Villasenor's dirty talk

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/bedroom/3457933?snl=1
roll.gif
laugh.gif

The Incredibles was great. I almost want a sequel but Pixar's track record with sequels, in terms of quality, is very poor.

Finding Dory was gross and should have never been made.

Both Toy Story sequels have been excellent, arguably each better than the first. But Cars 2 and Finding Dory, yeah, not so much. And we're getting Cars 3 this Summer.

Back
Top Bottom