Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Triple 9 wasn't as bad as said. 5.7/8. Cool little flick. Maybe could've ended better. All that betrayal in the end.

Teresa Palmer's *** and Kate Winslet with that Russian accent can all get ******.

Woody :smokin

Yeah it's weird :lol:

I imagine at some point they were popular, maybe regarded as heroes and even wore the costumes then it all went to ****.

Keep in mind DofP changed the timeline so X1-X3 didn't happen or happened differently.

But it's completely unclear where any of the Wolverine movies fit with that.
So what recommendation would you give to watch these? I had seen xmen 1 & 2. Years ago. Origin of wolverine. xmen apocalypse and just recently wolverine. Im missing A couple.
Well I wouldn't recommend any of them. They're all pretty garbage to me just in different ways.

If you're a big fan I guess you give First Class a chance but DofP is pretty lousy.

X3 is aruably the worst of what you haven't seen.

Definitely give Deadpool a watch though.

Last edited:
Triple 9 wasn't as bad as said. 5.7/8. Cool little flick. Maybe could've ended better. All that betrayal in the end.

Teresa Palmer's *** and Kate Winslet with that Russian accent can all get ******.

Woody :smokin
Well I wouldn't recommend any of them. They're all pretty garbage to me just in different ways.

Of you're a big fan I guess you give First Class a chance but DofP is pretty lousy.

X3 is aruably the worst of what you haven't seen.

Definitely give Deadpool a watch though.
Thank been meaning to watch deadpool

Anyone catch Fences yet?

La Land Land is a 7.9/8

Masterful. I was in tears at parts. It had everything. All things.

I really do need to check it out. Hearing mixed reviews between this thread, co-workers and friends of friends who have seen it.

20 minutes into arrival and I can barely stand Amy Adams anymore. **** every movie the director must tell her, " okay now Amy, I want you to act like you're going to cry for the entire movie. But don't."

The same 1st world problems everytime man I swear. Show me some range! Contrast that with her co-stars renner or whitaker , who've played a wiiiiiide variety of multifaceted characters.

Just once I wanna watch a movie with her in it where she doesn't have this look on her face for 2 hours

Anyways. Rant over. Continuing movie.

Go watch Nocturnal Animals right after. You sound crazy.

:lol: @ Renner playing a wide range of multi-faceted characters. Don't mean he was good at it.

Last edited:
She definitely killed Nocturnal Animals.

I need a new Streaming site. Ive been waiting on The Girl on the Train for some time now and still nothing.

I went ahead and paid $5 to Cox for a 24hr Rental.
I hope it's a decent watch. I know the cast of females seems dope and I guess Justin Theroux is kind of cool.

Dog, same thing in nocturnal animals. " okay Amy, look like you're about to cry. Now read a book and look like you're about to cry," I got about 30 minutes into that one. Will finish later.

And yes renner is pretty captivating in his roles. From Jem to Jesse Jame's cousin to this astrophysicist guy, he brings a different charisma to them. Hawkeye, and Bourne are the same character basically but his other performances are far more than the "wise cracking tough guy role" belleeeee dat!

I really couldn't mess with Nocturnal Animals either, it looked beautiful though

been let down by most of the movies I anticipated except Hell or High Water and Moonlight

Trollhunters is the best netflix cartoon I've seen so far. 8/8

I cannot believe that it dared to end on a cliffhanger. There better be a season 2.

Last edited:
Dog, same thing in nocturnal animals. " okay Amy, look like you're about to cry. Now read a book and look like you're about to cry," I got about 30 minutes into that one. Will finish later.

And yes renner is pretty captivating in his roles. From Jem to Jesse Jame's cousin to this astrophysicist guy, he brings a different charisma to them. Hawkeye, and Bourne are the same character basically but his other performances are far more than the "wise cracking tough guy role" belleeeee dat!
Wow. Really don't know what you're talking about here on both fronts.

Didn't notice any about to cry faces from Any in NA. But I know some ppl have certain hangups about certain actors that I either don't see or overlook.

As for Renner, I find him to be one of the blandest actors in Hollywood that has managed to keep getting roles and the right ones at that to stay in the game. At best he broke out with Hurt Locker and The Town. Only other times he's shown me something different was his smaller role in American Hustle and lead in Kill the Messenger. After that he's basically ranging from solid to average to mediocre. He's not even good at being the wise cracking tough guy. I wish he was. He's more like the boring tries to be sarcastic guy. I'd say he's void of charisma honestly.

He's just a slightly different version of the same role in Mission Impossible and Avengers. Then slightly different boring versions of the same role in Jesse James, Arrival, Bourne Legacy, Hansel & Gretel, etc. He brings no excitement or intensity to his performances. Whenever he's the leading actor of a movie I know at least 5 better actors couldn't do it or passed it up.

To me dude has just been lucky to be in the right blockbusters and a handful of really good movies as a supporting character.

Halley Bennett is kind of sexy. A nice little slimmy.

The Girl in the Train was good. Theroux plays that guy so well. The Women in this Film, boy they had been through it hadn't they? Nice to look at though.

_/_ I don't know...No rating.

Definitely a movie I'll let play when it comes on. It's worth the watch no doubt.

Didn't realize that the voice actor for the main character in Trollhunters waa Anton Yelchin. :frown:

RIP

I still want that season 2 though. Hopefully they'll be able to find a suitable voice actor to replace him.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom