Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I do not know what my fav film is for 2016, (as of right now, Hell or High Water, Handmaiden, or American Honey) but, I can not consider Manchester By The Sea in my top 5, if I can only stand to watch the movie once.

I do not know what my fav film is for 2016, (as of right now, Hell or High Water, Handmaiden, or American Honey) but, I can not consider Manchester By The Sea in my top 5, if I can only stand to watch the movie once.

As soul crushing as Manchester was, im still down to watch it again asap :lol:

If only to see the editing again if anything. I thought the cuts were masterful in the movie.

As for movies in general, I feel if you gotta put cut off points based on decade or year you're doing it wrong.
This may be true to you or for you but it's not the case for me, and I don't think "I'm doing it wrong".
That's okay. I don't really care to discuss it. 
When I realized it was you
I'm suppose to believe you didn't know it was me when you read my post, quoted me and replied?

giphy.gif

I actually almost deleted the post.
You should've.
I was hoping it wouldn't turn into a 20 post debate over 2 different outlooks.
giphy.gif

Last edited:
I've seen all the 2016 movies i can in theaters. The rest imma see when they drop digitally.

Top 14 2016

14. The Nice Guys
13. The Lobster
12. Moonlight
11. Rogue One
10. The Mermaid
9. Shin Godzilla
8. Arrival
7. American Honey
6. The Handmaiden
5. The Witch
4. Silence
3. OJ: Made in America
2. La La Land
1. Manchester By The Sea

Still need to see:
Jackie
Nocturnal Animals
Hell or High water
Midnight Special
Green room
Toni erdmann
Solid list. Shin Godzilla didn't do nothing for me but I was never a Godzilla fan, just been into foreign films lately. I still need to see La La Land...

Much better than the first trailer

Also thought that was Aaron Taylor Johnson at the beginning at first.

Last edited:
Want to check out Logan just to find out why Wolverine and Professor X are both looking like such ****.

It's like 40 years after when the last recent X movie is set present day wise.

The X-Men lost basically.

Logan is looking pretty good.

I need to get on my best of the year watch list.. screener season is upon us so La La Land, Hacksaw Ridge, Manchester by the Sea, etc., so I'll have to get on them.

It's like 40 years after when the last recent X movie is set present day wise.

The X-Men lost basically.

but we're cool enough for comics.
Yeah it's weird :lol:

I imagine at some point they were popular, maybe regarded as heroes and even wore the costumes then it all went to ****.

Keep in mind DofP changed the timeline so X1-X3 didn't happen or happened differently.

But it's completely unclear where any of the Wolverine movies fit with that.

Last edited:
show was so damn good. really should have gone another season. when i watched that awful inferno movie, i kept thinking at how much better they did it in utopia. plus the music was bananas. kind of like yello meets danny elfman. i'll have to give it a rewatch sometime.

the logan movie looks really good to me. might consider seeing in the theater.

Logan is looking pretty good.

I need to get on my best of the year watch list.. screener season is upon us so La La Land, Hacksaw Ridge, Manchester by the Sea, etc., so I'll have to get on them.

Looking forward to your reviews like always

Yeah it's weird :lol:

I imagine at some point they were popular, maybe regarded as heroes and even wore the costumes then it all went to ****.

Keep in mind DofP changed the timeline so X1-X3 didn't happen or happened differently.

But it's completely unclear where any of the Wolverine movies fit with that.
So what recommendation would you give to watch these? I had seen xmen 1 & 2. Years ago. Origin of wolverine. xmen apocalypse and just recently wolverine. Im missing A couple.

Back
Top Bottom