Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

^^^ Friends was always just ok to me. Never watched it regularly, but would check it out occasionally mostly because Jenn Aniston and Courtney Cox were nice to look at it. Don't consider it an all time great show.

And I don't care for most of the sitcoms that have been big in the 2000s. HIMYM, 2 and a Half Men, Big Bang Theory - all ultra meh to me. I do enjoy The Office and Parks and Rec, however. I still need to check out Community, which I think I'll like.
friends was decent early on, likeable enough cast.. but after a certain point things became super mehh

sadly, same thing could be said for entourage

the office was really good and up there for me for a solid while, but the last season or two I don't care for

FragrantUncomfortableBunting-size_restricted.gif
This was a good show.

Yeah, I think the last good Entourage season was the Medellin one. Fell off big time after that. I watched the subsequent seasons, but it almost felt like a chore at times, particularly the last one. That's why I wasn't even excited for the movie, which I still haven't watched.

Last edited:
if you're an Alfred Hitchcock fan TCM has a lot of his movies on demand right now 

Strangers on a Train

The Birds

Psycho

Rear Window

Rope

Vertigo

etc.

Hardest thing to do is find Hitchcock films to watch that don't get a lot of attention.

I've seen all those.

Some times HDnet also has a bunch of ***** films on demand too; Topaz, Rebecca, Shadow of a Doubt, Saboteur, The Wrong Man, Marbie, The 39 Steps, etc.

going to watch "a monster calls" tomorrow

can't wait. been dying to see this movie ever since i watched the trailer.

liam gawd and felicity jones 
smokin.gif

I forgot Man Seeking Woman had returned.

Another good wild start. Gf about to kill former roommate by dumping her in the river then sbkkts her :lol:

Mike and his Jim Jones bro cult :lol:

Wow at the most recent episode of good behavior. letty is bigger trash than I thought. Her son deserves better parents than his trash parents.

They nailed it with #1 tbh..... Blue Valentine's credit was one of the few times where I just sat there, provoked in thought during the credits.

Like Crazy was another movie that had me in that state at the conclusion of the film and into it's credits

I thought Blue Valentine's ending was pretty straightforward. The 2 characters annoyed me to no ends though.

I thought Blue Valentine's ending was pretty straightforward. The 2 characters annoyed me to no ends though.

I need to revisit this. I know in the past this thread has said it's worth watching (or maybe skip :lol: ) when you are older/in a relationship.

I guess I understand why some people say GOT starts slow, but I was all in from Episode 1 and I knew nothing about the books when the show premiered. I just knew of Sean Bean from other things, generally like medieval period pieces and thought "Winter is Coming" was a cool tag line.

And in the pilot, a dude gets beheaded in like the 1st 10 minutes, they find the dire wolves, you get to see Dany naked in a bath, etc. All that was enough for me.

QFT.

I waited until S1 ended, and binged it over the following weekend. Been hooked since.

We talking end scenes in here?

:pimp: :pimp:

Last edited:
I think Tom Hardy's fx show Taboo starts on Tuesday. Gonna be lit. His character reminds me a little of Sir Malcolm from Penny Dreadful except savage and crazy.

Back
Top Bottom