Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I usually understand people not getting into shows or movies that have Sci-fi or fantasy elements, because not everyone likes too much make believe. I get that. But I will never understand people that don't like Breaking Bad. There's nothing to not like about it. Just pure thrilling entertainment right from the jump.

Anyways, Boyhood has been in my queue for a while now. Is it any good? It's 3 hours long, that's quite the commitment

The Wire
Game of Thrones
The Shield

All are in my top 5 shows ever. You all need to sit the hell down and watch episode 3 of your respective show god damnit.

The 'it just starts real slow' thing been tried on me for GoT. Everyone I know is really into it. It's almost scary and cult like how much everyone is into it. I tried twice to get into it. It just wasn't my thing. Never made it past the second episode of GoT

Not going to try a third time with it
Thats how I am with Sopranos.

Hear nothing but good things about it.

Can't do it.

Tried a few times.

I can see why GoT isn't for everyone, it's for me though 
happy.gif

I've never watched an episode of Breaking Bad. Don't think I've ever seen more than twenty seconds of footage either. Nobody in my family is into it so it's not like the show is ever on as I walk by the tv.

Loads of my friends are into Breaking Bad though.

The premise of a teacher becoming a bad *** drug dealer doesn't appeal to me.

For comedies, only current shows I watch are Broad City, Workaholics and New Girl. Way behind on New Girl this season though.

Love Arrested Development but their latest season was such a letdown.

Anyways, Boyhood has been in my queue for a while now. Is it any good? It's 3 hours long, that's quite the commitment
It's episodic and chill like other Linklater movies. Definitely a synthesis of what the man wants to express through his filmmaking.

I guess I understand why some people say GOT starts slow, but I was all in from Episode 1 and I knew nothing about the books when the show premiered. I just knew of Sean Bean from other things, generally like medieval period pieces and thought "Winter is Coming" was a cool tag line.

And in the pilot, a dude gets beheaded in like the 1st 10 minutes, they find the dire wolves, you get to see Dany naked in a bath, etc. All that was enough for me.

For comedies, only current shows I watch are Broad City, Workaholics and New Girl. Way behind on New Girl this season though.

I enjoy broad city and workaholics.

I can't get into got. Watch a few episodes of the first season and just couldn't.

I feel you lawdog on American pie. Didn't age well at all, I tried to watch it recently and it wasn't as funny as I thought it was when I first seen it.

Saw "The Accountant" last night. Kind of a muddled plot but I thought it was ok. Wasn't totally sold on Affleck's performance but it did the job. 4.75/8

Last edited:

I enjoy broad city and workaholics.

I can't get into got. Watch a few episodes of the first season and just couldn't.

I feel you lawdog on American pie. Didn't age well at all, I tried to watch it recently and it wasn't as funny as I thought it was when I first seen it.

That's understandable with GOT. It's in the fantasy genre, a lot of people aren't into that. I've heard some nt'ers say they'd like the show a lot more if the magic and fantasy stuff was not in it.

comedies, gotta be watching 'you're the worst'.. hell, 'atlanta' fits as a comedy too

then you got 'rick and morty', 'archer', 'venture bros'

^^^ Friends was always just ok to me. Never watched it regularly, but would check it out occasionally mostly because Jenn Aniston and Courtney Cox were nice to look at it. Don't consider it an all time great show.

And I don't care for most of the sitcoms that have been big in the 2000s. HIMYM, 2 and a Half Men, Big Bang Theory - all ultra meh to me. I do enjoy The Office and Parks and Rec, however. I still need to check out Community, which I think I'll like.

Back
Top Bottom