Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Started Narcos a few weeks ago.

3/4 of the way through season 2

Started last week and already finished, you're in for a pleasant surprise in the end, btw. Narcos and Top Boy has been my favorite crime/dramas on Netflix so far.

Last edited:
For people that watch Top Boy we have to incorporate wagwan, bruv, and innit into our everyday vocabulary.

Last edited:
For people that watch Top Boy we have to incorporate wagwan, bruv, and innit into our everyday vocabulary.

I have 2 stepbrothers from England that visit from time to time. They have me talking the craziest English slang by the time they leave. I'm calling everybody wankers, the c-word, mate, etc. takes me a while to shake it :lol:

Lol when my cousins from London visit, I pick up their accent a bit. When my cousins from the South visit, I pick up their southern accent a bit too. Very strange when my southern and English cousins are together at the same time.

I've been using Bruv since I first watched it, got it spreading with some fam and friends. Can't get with innit though lol. Maybe Wagwan, it's going to be hard to carry it over since it sounds obscure to my boys. Got a few boys committed to the show though so I'm sure they'll use their lingo as well.

Edit: Plan to use "yutes" for ***** and giggles.

Last edited:

Started Narcos a few weeks ago.

3/4 of the way through season 2

Started last week and already finished, you're in for a pleasant surprise in the end, btw. Narcos and Top Boy has been my favorite crime/dramas on Netflix so far.
If you liked TopBOy check out an Irish joint called Love/Hate, (set in Dubland)

9/8

Last edited:
Seems to be on about the time I cut the Television on to lay it down. I always catch it at the part where Lisa is drawing on Paint, odd AF how that happens with movies.

You cut on the Tele, switch to a Channel/Movie and it's always near the same spot. Life has a funny timer. Literally looped in the Matrix

I've watched Steve Jobs every night this week.

My favorite part of the 3 is the middle when he's arguing with Jeff Daniel's character about how Steve was ousted from Apple. Superb writing and acting.

Anywho, I sat down and watched "10 Cloverfield Lane" last night. I thought it was pretty good. 6.4/8

The ending was pretty ridiculous but it didn't ruin the film, for me at least.

this was a lil corny in parts and felt like it was trying a little too hard to be quirky but for the most part skarsgard and pena were hilarious ... good for some laughs when you're bored

westworld s01 7.25/8

what a ride. looking forward to whats to come

Saw Boyhood and damn. Got me in my feels since I'm pretty much close to the same state Mason is in right now. What a great ******* movie for any parents and anyone who's in their 15-24. I also love the concept of filming these same actors throughout their lives from when they were kids and now adults. Must be one hell of an experience to be one of the actors. Great great great watch.

Last edited:
bad moms was just ok imo 4.7/8
my wife might rate it higher. it might have been better with a different cast like snl alums or jane lynch etc.

Nocturnal Animals.......Oh my God man.
Give us more than that. I know it was a "holy ****" film, but I'm interested to see your take. Still top 3 of the year for me 8)

I'm not smart enough for these movies, I was moreso basing that reaction on the Highway scene. With a wife and daughter myself, I FELT that scene. Ugh.

The rest was "how can we make this dude's life worse?" when really it was her life that was ****

I don't think I have all the layers connected properly, but I'm probably fairly close.

Loved the cast. Stunned that was Aaron Johnson, even tho he looked like he was doin the sequel to Savages. (What is it with him and dreads? :lol: )

Michael and Jake did their thing.

"Young" Amy/Jake kept messin with my head tho. That needed some work.

I need to go read some reviews and see what I didn't pick up on.

Nocturnal Animals.......Oh my God man.
I'm telling y'all. Its levels to that ****.

The book, the past romance, **** just accelerating quickly in story.

The same reactions Amy was having when she had to stop reading I had :lol:

Tom Ford is an impressive guy.

I started Nocturnal Animals last night before bed and about 30minutes in I had to switch it off.

It needed my full attention.

About to put it back on now.

(I love the sound of the Movie so far, super tense)

Back
Top Bottom