Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Jack Reacher Never Go Bad = Trash.

So disappointing..

Wish they kept the original director.. felt like when mcgruder left boondocks, sure the same characters but you know shht ain't right

Least this wasn't blatantly offensive trying to replicate the social commentary

Eh, I wouldn't say trash and I'm not sure it's the director that was the big change (unless he was also the writer).

It was that script. Like was that adapted from one of the books?

Last edited:
Saw Around the World in 80 Days(2004) last night because I had heard about it but never seen it. I love Jackie Chan but this was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. Just pure garbage. Very weird cameos that make zero sense. Horrible action scenes. Blues Clues level set design and special effects. They spent over $110,000,000 on this movie. One of the biggest box office flops in the history of film. 2/8. Do not see this movie.

I'm one of the few who has no idea what Girl on the Train is about. Can someone tell me if it's horror/thriller ?? Horror movies usually bore the life  outta me

Similar to gone girl (in the suspense / mystery part) but not as good.

Watched American Pie tonight for the first time in over a decade, the laughs were had 

Interesting, because I also watched it recently and did not find myself laughing that much. Maybe I've seen it too many times or just wasn't in the right mood.

That said, American Pie 1 and 2 were both great theater-going experiences for me. Full theaters, good vibe, whole place laughing together. Good times.

Watched a very entertaining movie on Netflix streaming last week. "Cash Only." Anyone peep this? It's about an Armenian landlord in Detroit who messes w/ the wrong tenant and then all hell breaks loose. Solid film.

Nope.

Blade Runner was not a success when it came out. It became a cult hit the way Donnie Darko, Office Space, the Riddick movies, Memento, My Dinner with Andre, Fight Club, etc. did.

If you don't like it there's nothing particularly wrong with your tastes. Cult classics and the like are even more so subjective favorites.

The thing is around the 2000s movies with cult followings, going as far back to movies made in the 40s, have gained popularity and mainstream notoriety to a point you may think they're universally loved when that may not be the case. For example, The Birds - it's no cinematic classic (outside of studying Hitchcock's directorial style and Hitchcockian storytelling) but it's Hitchcock and given the time it came out it has a certain appeal, Army of Darkness (Sam Raimi), A Clockwork Orange (Kubrick is not for everyone), Wes Anderson (one can argue his entire filmography is nothing but cult classics :lol: )

For me there's Tree of Life or The New World. I did not like those movies at all. They're both Terrence Malick movies so not a surprise but they can be considered cult classics. The man is talented and has a following.

But that kinda goes in to the whole great directors who have what seems like a dud but is a cult classic (Ridley Scott's Blade Runner in your case) compared to directors who are one hit wonders that manage a cult classic movie.

Don't disrespect the god again. Grand Budapest Hotel won several Oscars and was nominated or Best Picture.

We probably got different understanding of what movies can qualify for being a cult classic.

Any disprespect is imagined on your part. I'm a huge Wes Anderson fan.

Eh, I wouldn't say trash and I'm not sure it's the director that was the big change (unless he was also the writer).

It was that script. Like was that adapted from one of the books?

Wouldn't say trash either, but went from being enough of a cult favorite to earn a sequel to something you'd wait to watch on TNT while doing chores, leaving it running in the background.

Nocturnal Animals 6.08 / 8

Solid film from Tom Ford but it didn't engage me like "A Single Man"

Michael Shannon's performance is great though.

^^^ Michael Shannon is a great, great actor. Never seen a bad performance from him and he often steals movies.

^^^ Michael Shannon is a great, great actor. Never seen a bad performance from him and he often steals movies.
Mr. Green
pimp.gif

White Girl (2016)

2/8

- Movie just pissed me off. Characters were annoying and the white girl was especially naive.

- White privilege ending to cap off the message that white girls = most protected class in this world.

Why trying so hard to like a show? If you don't like it, you don't like it lol
Naw only cause everyone has told me it's just real slow in the beginning. Seems like the show I'd love and just need to be patient. I remember thinking Breaking Bad was slow but I pushed through it and binged through 4 seasons on my week of study leave 

The 'it just starts real slow' thing been tried on me for GoT. Everyone I know is really into it. It's almost scary and cult like how much everyone is into it. I tried twice to get into it. It just wasn't my thing. Never made it past the second episode of GoT

Not going to try a third time with it

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom