Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I find it funny Ryan Reynolds did Self/Less and Criminal. One where Sir Ben Kingsley is in his mind/body and another where some of him is in Kevin Costner's mind :lol:

Oh yeah, Max Steel was bad. I don't remember the cartoon much but the only redeeming thing about it was Steel. Andy Garcia was there for a check. 4/8. Maybe lower if I give it more thought.

is Girl on the train worth sticking with till the end?  i'm struggling.  I thought I'd like this movie
If you haven't seen the twist by now no reason to bother if you're not enjoying alcoholic Emily and a couple sex scenes with that hot blond.

Last edited:
After watching La La Land-Another Day of Sun, Someone in the Crowd, and Start a Fire have all been on repeat.

Old School just started on Showtime. Letting my son watch with me. So good. Happy New Year NT movie peeps.

Bringin back the binary scale:

Jobs was good imo. Great performance by fassbender.  1/1

Nerve 1/1. A not too serious entertaining movie

any good rewatchable shows that arent comedy?

the new blade runner trailer peaked my interest, so thought id watch the original thinking itd be the same...i was wrong, so wrong, couldnt get through more than 1 hour...

is something wrong with me? plz help...
ohwell.gif

Last edited:
Just watched Star Wars Episode 4. Never seen a Star Wars movie before. Man I don't know if I can carry on. Its' just...so old and corny...

the new blade runner trailer peaked my interest, so thought id watch the original thinking itd be the same...i was wrong, so wrong, couldnt get through more than 1 hour...

is something wrong with me? plz help...:\
Nope.

Blade Runner was not a success when it came out. It became a cult hit the way Donnie Darko, Office Space, the Riddick movies, Memento, My Dinner with Andre, Fight Club, etc. did.

If you don't like it there's nothing particularly wrong with your tastes. Cult classics and the like are even more so subjective favorites.

The thing is around the 2000s movies with cult followings, going as far back to movies made in the 40s, have gained popularity and mainstream notoriety to a point you may think they're universally loved when that may not be the case. For example, The Birds - it's no cinematic classic (outside of studying Hitchcock's directorial style and Hitchcockian storytelling) but it's Hitchcock and given the time it came out it has a certain appeal, Army of Darkness (Sam Raimi), A Clockwork Orange (Kubrick is not for everyone), Wes Anderson (one can argue his entire filmography is nothing but cult classics :lol: )

For me there's Tree of Life or The New World. I did not like those movies at all. They're both Terrence Malick movies so not a surprise but they can be considered cult classics. The man is talented and has a following.

But that kinda goes in to the whole great directors who have what seems like a dud but is a cult classic (Ridley Scott's Blade Runner in your case) compared to directors who are one hit wonders that manage a cult classic movie.

Last edited:
Just watched Star Wars Episode 4. Never seen a Star Wars movie before. Man I don't know if I can carry on. Its' just...so old and corny...

Watch Empire. Just do it, trust me. If you don't like that, then you can pull the plug.

And watch the OG's, not the edited versions.

is something wrong with me? plz help...:\
Coincidentally, I did the same thing last night. I was in the same boat and just fast-forwarded to the Tears in the Rain speech after about 45 minutes. :lol:

Last edited:
Loving. 4.6/8. This movie was just uneventful. It wasn't super boring but it was boring but not even in a bad way but aint **** happening boring. For the most part the movie is void of conflict.

Given it deals with a Supreme court case its not even lawyer talk boring cuz that part is barely covered.

They spent a lot on just their family life where it's just a regular family. This was legit some simple country folk who got married, got arrested for it and then we're forced to live in the city. After half a decade they decide to challenge it and after a few interviews they win. The antagonist isn't represented by anybody, not even the state. The opposition was not portrayed after then first arrest. That was real weird to me. 2hr movie could've easily been 80 minutes.

Negga and Edgerton I assume give on point and accurate portrayals but those ppl were just reserved and introvert. This script badly needed some punching up and overexaggeration.

I liked Girl on the Train. The part where they were in the woods on that tree had me dying. Bust out laughing in the theater.

I liked Girl on the Train. The part where they were in the woods on that tree had me dying. Bust out laughing in the theater.

Wondering if I should watch it first or read the book. I wanna enjoy and experience the mystery in books but watching a movie first will take away the disappointment factor since the og book material is usually way better.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom