Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

i avoided the spoilers and thought that people were being over-critical cause by the third ep, it was pretty decent. around the sixth ep, when the movements start, i was like oh jeez what the heck?! and then it just got worse from there until the terrible ending.

thinking about it though, the ending to pan's labyrinth was somewhat similar (without the bob fosse-type nonsense) but done infinitely better. in fact, pan's labyrinth is one of my all time favorite movies.

i avoided the spoilers and thought that people were being over-critical cause by the third ep, it was pretty decent. around the sixth ep, when the movements start, i was like oh jeez what the heck?! and then it just got worse from there until the terrible ending.

thinking about it though, the ending to pan's labyrinth was somewhat similar (without the bob fosse-type nonsense) but done infinitely better. in fact, pan's labyrinth is one of my all time favorite movies.

That's a very good comparison with pans labrinth. It's like that's what they were going for, but the ending was infinitely more corny. Looking back, I guess I didn't hate the show as much as I initially thought. I mean it had me hook, line, and sinker for the first 7 episodes.

so all in all I would say in it's entirety I would rate it a 4.75/8. The lead actress is awkwardly mesmerizing. They should have played up her sex appeal a little more. Also, I could see this type of show having a strange cult following, I don't know why :rofl:

So it's been a few days since I finished OA, and I've still been thinking back on it, how it ended, what happened, and how I feel. I'm still @ a 
indifferent.gif

Going to think about this some more over the Holidays.

i really admire the risk and ambition of the story. it just could have been done so much better. looks like there might be a season 2. i think i would watch it if it gets made and hopefully the potential wouldn't be squandered this time and hopefully the second season wouldn't have a choreographer [emoji]128580[/emoji]

So OA gets worse as it progresses as far as quality goes?

I had heard good things, but now you effers are ruining it for me. :lol:  Was deciding on something new between OA and Black Mirror, went with Black Mirror, watching ep. 1 right now, then I check in here and see you guys hate OA.

Last edited:
has anyone seen Sing Street?

its a great movie...very enjoyable.  music was cool too...had me grooving. 

^^^ I enjoyed Nightmare Before Christmas when I watched it. But it's not something I feel I need to see again.

I had heard good things, but now you effers are ruining it for me. :lol:  Was deciding on something new between OA and Black Mirror, went with Black Mirror, watching ep. 1 right now, then I check in here and see you guys hate OA.

black mirror is rams kurt warner
oa is giants kurt warner

you made the right choice.

currently watching nocturnal animals; surprised the universe didn't explode w/ amy adams and isla fisher starring in the same movie.

going to try to knock out birth of a nation also tonight in between over-eating/drinking

merry christmas eve & happy hanukkah yall

It was great until the very last episode. I would recommended it, just know it's tough to stomache the ending.

Just got home from watching Rogue One with my 8yr old son..We both really liked the movie..They did a great job of keeping the overall feel of the film in line with the original..I'd say it was a solid 6.5-7/8 (I still don't understand this stupid __/8 rating system..A scale of 1-10 would be so much better)..Merry Christmas everyone..

Jack Reacher: Never Go Back was cool. A solid flick. 5.75/8. Definitely not as good as the first. Lacked some of the unexpected and off kilter turns that movie had (Duval's extended presence). The action was really good though. It's just the plot was straight forward. Could've made better use of my boy Teabag but the other contractor was a pretty cool threat. The stuff with the teenager didn't bog the story down either.

What got me the most was how sexy Cobie Smulders was in this. I aint want to **** her this much in a min. Her action scenes were dope, on par with Reacher's.

The Magnificent 7 was a good movie. 6/8. Real good action and humor. Good enough villain. I didn't expect who would survive would survive other than the one obvious character.

Birth of A Nation. 5.7/8. I liked this. It got real heartfelt as it went on. My only problem was it was real slow at parts in the beginning. The action and satisfication of all those racist slave owners was worth it I only wish there was more of it. Should've gave me a long *** final fight in Avengers/long war scene from Dark of the Moon type battle sequence of slaves revolting. I did not see the 60 slave owners die in this.

Last edited:
Heeeeeeeeey, stopping for the night 3 episodes into Black Mirror.

THIS... is LAYERED.

eek.gif

LOTS and LOTS of this flew all the way over heads, I guarantee that. Hell, I am POSITIVE that shhhh is flying over MY head.

*whew*

This is intense. This 3rd episode I just saw, w/ the redos... nah, that 2nd episode, w/ Wraith Babes...

Jesus.

Last edited:

THIS... is LAYERED.

:wow:

LOTS and LOTS of this flew all the way over heads, I guarantee that. Hell, I am POSITIVE that shhhh is flying over MY head.

*whew*

This is intense. This 3rd episode I just saw, w/ the redos... nah, that 2nd episode, w/ Wraith Babes...

Jesus.

As a Black Mirror nerd I am happy to hear you've gotten a few episodes into it. :smile:
Keep going it there's so many trippy episodes ahead :smokin

THIS... is LAYERED.

:wow:

*whew*

Jesus.

it gets better. you started with season 1 right?

Back
Top Bottom