Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

man in the high castle s2 7/8

i dont think a show has made me this anxious/on the edge of my seat since the last few episodes of breaking bad

rufus sewell deserves some emmys

Jackie 5.5/8

I know the story of the First Lady but I can't recall her actual voice but Portman's accent just wasn't really convincing to me. Add that for the entire length of the film and those are where the points got dropped. Visually great though

Marge: When did we become the bottom rung of society?
Homer: I think it was when that cold snap killed off all the hobos.

:lol:

Some of the biggest gems in the Simpsons are in random, throw away lines.

IMDb Retweeted
GQ Magazine ‏@GQMagazine · 7h7 hours ago
'John Wick: Chapter 2' has a new trailer and it's here to kick everyone's *** http://gq.mn/LKUdbtz

I'm so angry with the last episode of The OA, I wanna punch something. This ******* show trolled me so hard with the finale. I pissed I binged this show. God damn I was finessed. Now I know how people felt with the finale of Lost
The oa?
Netflix series. Literally titled The OA.

I think a vid was posted in here a pg back. I think.
got ya.. might check that out over the holidays

Just watched No Country For Old Men and I loved every second of it. That Anton Chigurh was a bad dude

His character is scary and funny at the same time.

lol.. first thing that came to my mind was his character from skyfall

not sure there was anything funny about dude in no country for old men

That scene of him with the store / gas station employee was funny when I watch it again. I think I saw a spoof of that scene which probably had me laughing.

man.. old dude about to piss his pants was like slightly funny.. but then again, when you put yourself in his shoes, dude is scary as ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

dude is like the shark in jaws.. or ole boy in silence of the lambs.. where they weren't really in the film a ton, but their presence is felt significantly throughout the whole damn film

I'm so angry with the last episode of The OA, I wanna punch something. This ******* show trolled me so hard with the finale. I pissed I binged this show. God damn I was finessed. Now I know how people felt with the finale of Lost
I don't really know how I feel, about that ending.

I finished the finale yesterday.

indifferent.gif

:stoneface:

This was M. Night Shamaylan level trolling. Like it went from, "wow I'm so intrigued." To "I will never recommend this show to anyone and I'm going to send hate mail to the writers."

Like, are you ******* kidding me. All that lead up to pretty much say she made everything up. And that God damn ending. The corniest thing I've ever seen. A choreographed hissing dance to distract a school shooter. Jesus take the wheel, I just watched 8 episodes for this lead up and let down. [emoji]128528[/emoji]

I was browsing through Netflix last night and I was a bit intrigued by OA. Was going to watch but then I decided to just play video games instead. Lmao I guess I'm never watching OA now :rofl:

Speaking on netflix, there were two new netflix original shows that intrigued me when I was browsing. One was OA...completely drawing a blank on the other one.

Last edited:

:stoneface:

This was M. Night Shamaylan level trolling. Like it went from, "wow I'm so intrigued." To "I will never recommend this show to anyone and I'm going to send hate mail to the writers."

Like, are you ******* kidding me. All that lead up to pretty much say she made everything up. And that God damn ending. The corniest thing I've ever seen. A choreographed hissing dance to distract a school shooter. Jesus take the wheel, I just watched 8 episodes for this lead up and let down. [emoji]128528[/emoji]

Is it wrong that I wanna watch it now to see what you're talking about?

Cliffs of OA? Since I'll never watch it, I want to hear about the ending and lulz.

Cliffs.......

Show starts out with this girl wandering her way back to her family. She's been missing for like 5-10 years. She was kidnapped.

The show revolves around her explaining what happened to her during this time. She recruits 5 people to listen to her story and help her free the other people held captive.

She comes to the conclusion that she is the Original Angel and she has special powers. She needs to teach the 5 people these special movements that will open up another dimension and free those captives.

Last episode reveals that she was just delusional the whole time. She made up everything because of her trauma from being a kidnap victim. The 5 kids end up doing the choreographed dance thingy to distract a school shooter in the schools cafeteria, and the girl gets shot and dies? The end. Huge waste of time and I feel insanely stupid for watching the whole thing.

:lol: sounds maddening. I mean reading it sounds like it's pulling the okie-doke. It sounds like if it were told through the eyes of one of the 5 kids, and they reflected the outrage of the audience through the kid, it might work better. Lmao at the ending.

That ending :rofl:

I would've wanted to sue the writer for wasting my damn time

My condolences to anyone who had taken the time to binge that :x

Last edited:
Cliffs of OA? Since I'll never watch it, I want to hear about the ending and lulz.

Cliffs.......

Show starts out with this girl wandering her way back to her family. She's been missing for like 5-10 years. She was kidnapped.

The show revolves around her explaining what happened to her during this time. She recruits 5 people to listen to her story and help her free the other people held captive.

She comes to the conclusion that she is the Original Angel and she has special powers. She needs to teach the 5 people these special movements that will open up another dimension and free those captives.

Last episode reveals that she was just delusional the whole time. She made up everything because of her trauma from being a kidnap victim. The 5 kids end up doing the choreographed dance thingy to distract a school shooter in the schools cafeteria, and the girl gets shot and dies? The end. Huge waste of time and I feel insanely stupid for watching the whole thing.
Sounds better than Midnight Special.

No idea how Cannavale gets these top roles. He's always just been a decent, never above average actor to me.

I give him kudos for snagging Rose Byrne.

Back
Top Bottom