Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Watching Asian news right now and they said that movie The Wall with Matt damon was a big hit and a sequel is already being talked about.
There's a vast difference between race issues and minority representation in Asia when it comes to Asians compared to race issues and minority representation in America when it comes to Asian Americans.

Plus there tends to be a lot of non-Asians bringing attention to the topic.

I know in China, South Korea, and Japan (the biggest markets) they love the American a-list actors. No surprise they didn't mind Matt Damon on the movie, probably appreciated it. They're use to Asian movies with Asians in it all the time.

I try to go in blind to movies for the most part.

Hacksaw Ridge 5/5

Rogue One 2.5/5

I didn't look at ANY SW promos, so I was like
nerd.gif
tired.gif

There's a vast difference between race issues and minority representation in Asia when it comes to Asians compared to race issues and minority representation in America when it comes to Asian Americans.

I know in China, South Korea, and Japan (the biggest markets) they love the American a-list actors. No surprise they didn't mind Matt Damon on the movie, probably appreciated it. They're use to Asian movies with Asians in it all the time.

I don't think it was even a issue I heard he ain't even the main star of the movie they just hyped his role in trailers for American audiences.

Street Fighter The Legend of Chun Li is sooooo good. Didn't really like it at first but now i love it. 6.5/8. It's like whine, you've got to let it sit a few years before you can enjoy it.

It's not like whine at all :lol:

I'm so angry with the last episode of The OA, I wanna punch something. This ******* show trolled me so hard with the finale. I pissed I binged this show. God damn I was finessed. Now I know how people felt with the finale of Lost

The oa?

About to start OA now.
Street Fighter The Legend of Chun Li is sooooo good. Didn't really like it at first but now i love it. 6.5/8. It's like whine, you've got to let it sit a few years before you can enjoy it.

It's not like whine at all :lol:

I've never seen Street Fighter the Legend of chub lui.
I think you quoted me on something and added a post from someone else

I don't think it was even a issue I heard he ain't even the main star of the movie they just hyped his role in trailers for American audiences.
It was enough of an issue that Matt had to address ppl ******* on him for even being in the movie :lol:

He had a Ridley Scott God's of Egypt sort of reaction.

I'm so angry with the last episode of The OA, I wanna punch something. This ******* show trolled me so hard with the finale. I pissed I binged this show. God damn I was finessed. Now I know how people felt with the finale of Lost

The oa?
Netflix series. Literally titled The OA.

I think a vid was posted in here a pg back. I think.

Last edited:
Pretty dope how netflix didn't introduce the show or roll the credits until The OA started telling her story to the 5.

(Noticed Brad Pitt was Executive Producer)

Last edited:
Man, I had to stop for a minute because I got stuck on IMDB checking the credits for OA. Seeing Pitts name led me there and then I started checking up on Brit Marling, Creator, writer and lead Actress in OA.

This Woman is pretty impressive to say the least.

She's graduated Georgetown with a degree in economics and was offered a job at Goldman Sachs. She turned it down to become an artist and then moved to Hollywood to pursue acting. She taught herself to write after learning that the only way to get good lead roles was to write them for yourself.
She started on 2 movies, one in the morning and the other in the afternoon, they both premiered at Sundance in 2011, and now here we are.

Her works all seem to carry the same story of intrigue from beyond, other Worlds, other demensions.

Needless to say I am pretty excited about this series, now.

Back to it.

Last edited:

I read this before I start d the series and almost didn't start it.
Just finished episode 2 and holy mother f word s word :wow:

Good thing I have several more episodes to go before being potentially finessed.

Last edited:
Suicide Squad :stoneface:

Atleast BvS and MoS had a story.

Poorly executed, but at least I could tell what they were tryna do.

This **** was terrible at every turn :x

WTF was that!?!?

Worst modern comic book adaption EASILY.

Don't even see the point of making it.

RogueOne 6.4 - Like everyone has mentioned prior, the film is all about the last 40 minutes, esp. the last 5 min which is excellence.

Also, I've changed my mind on Best Film of 2016:

Moonlight is my pick for best film instead of Manchester By The Sea.

Who's man was it that said Passengers was their most anticipated movie of the year?

That was I and in my defense that was based solely on the script that I read in 2013, which was fantastic.

The film I saw, on the other hand, was a butchered version. Went from my most anticipated to most disappointed, easily.

2.4/8

Suicide Squad :stoneface:

Atleast BvS and MoS had a story.

Poorly executed, but at least I could tell what they were tryna do.

This **** was terrible at every turn :x

WTF was that!?!?

Worst modern comic book adaption EASILY.

Don't even see the point of making it.

Please post this in the dc movie thread and rustle the jimmies of the 2 people who loved the movie.

On another note, the movie room where I watched rogue one was the biggest screen I've ever seen in my life. Way bigger than the imax screen that I'm used to.

They call the movie experience The Big D LOL

We were seated in the middle but it felt like we were seated in the front. I probably would've been fine sitting in the back for the movie with that really big screen.

350x700px-LL-72a81044_chrisboshface_zps49f5f172.gif

amel, if Felicity Jones bae had big sweater puppies and you had to watch them on that giant screen would you just close your eyes when they were bouncing?

amel, if Felicity Jones bae had big sweater puppies and you had to watch them on that giant screen would you just close your eyes when they were bouncing?

I'd keep my eyes open but I wouldn't enjoy it

But damn that screen was really big though. After getting food upstairs, we asked, 'so which way is the room?' They said, 'You can walk to either end and it's the same room'

Gross how big that was. It had to be 1.5 x the size of a typical imax screen

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom