Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

On another note, the movie room where I watched rogue one was the biggest screen I've ever seen in my life. Way bigger than the imax screen that I'm used to.

They call the movie experience The Big D LOL

We were seated in the middle but it felt like we were seated in the front. I probably would've been fine sitting in the back for the movie with that really big screen.

Last edited:
I don't think you guys understand how ****** ******ed this 8 point scale is and how much it pisses me off >:

Rogue One 7/10

I severely disliked Rogue 1. Did a very poor job of getting me to care about any of the good guys. 3/10

Got points for casting a nice lead.

Lost a lot of points for misusing said lead.

Garth Edwards is 1 for 3 with movies for me.

I will pass on any movie attached with him from now on.

The Force Awakens was a much better movie and it wasn't close at all

:lol: you're drunk. Gotta be.

I don't think you guys understand how ****** ******ed this 8 point scale is and how much it pisses me off >:

I think we do now. Use of the phrase "******* ******ed" is pretty descriptive.

Last edited:
People still use this terminology in 2016? That's bananas. Reminds me of my grandma who casually uses the word negro to describe African Americans still.

My bad, didn't mean to offend anyone.

Forgot NT got hit with the PC bug.

Also meant to tell you the Conjuring 2 is better then the first if your interested after watching the first.

My bad, didn't mean to offend anyone.

Forgot NT got hit with the PC bug.

Also meant to tell you the Conjuring 2 is better then the first if your interested after watching the first.

To be clear, I wasn't offended by your use of the term ******ed (and I had an uncle with Downs Syndrome (RIP, Uncle Gerry)), but by your hostility toward the /8 rating system.

Manchester by the Sea was dope. 7/8 - Almost a perfect for me but the ending... just check it out for yourself. Congratulations Casey Affleck.

Just watched War Dogs last night. It was surprisingly entertaining. Any other sleeper hits I can check out from this year?

Really? Saw the 1st one and it was meh.

I've seen both 1 and 2 a couple times because my son likes them. He's 10 and Kevin James and Sandler movies are all right in his wheelhouse right now. The Blart movies were honestly better than I expected, but nothing real special for me.

I use to mess with Kevin James just off the strength of King of Queens. I even didn't mind Hitch (speaking of had movie choices by Will) but ever since he linked up with Sandlerl, his movies have more and more drifted off my radar.

Manchester by the Sea was dope. 7/8 - Almost a perfect for me but the ending... just check it out for yourself. Congratulations Casey Affleck.
Casey Affleck and Lucas Hedges are the acting duo of the year for me.
Definitely a life goes on type of ending, where all the characters still have to deal with their demons but they've managed become a bit closer to one another. I found the original script on reddit and I kinda want to see how that ending would've been pulled off: it provides more of an emotional upwelling, but I don't think it betrays what the characters have gone through.

I know this is the movie thread, but I watched the 1st episode of this and I liked it. It took until about 3/4 of the way through for me to start enjoying it, but I'm def intrigued. Its pretty weird so far. 1st episode was probably a 6/8 for me. That's enough for me to start the next episode. Will update again after that.

It seems like every week that netflix is pushing out new foreign original series. Started 3%. Tonight I also started Nobel which is interesting so far. It's about a Norweigan soldier who was in afghanistan and is in the middle of some military / political conspiracy. Def gonna check out OA.

They also have that medici show starring that beta bly robb stark.

Last edited:
Netflix has too much **** for me to keep up.

I'll stick to their True True Original content for now.

I know they adopt a lot of shows that are out and label them "Original Content"

I'm down with you House of Cards, Lillehammer, Sense8, Love, EASY, Narcos etc but, I don't know if I have room for more and more adoptions

Back
Top Bottom