Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I doubt it'll win 2 out of 3.

Ain't seen it yet though. So let's see if it blows me away.

They're the current favorites for now, but yeah theres always some weird **** going down on the road to the Oscars. The old farts at the academy will probably think Chazelle is too young to win Best Director or something :lol: I can definitely see it winning Best Picture though.

i pretty much hate musicals/ movies with excessive singing but i did somewhat enjoy moulin rouge. probably because of the visuals.

Grease >>>

Was looking over a list and I guess there's more musicals I like than I originally though. Grease is one. Willy Wonka (the original), Annie (the original), Little Shop of Horrors, and Wizard of Oz are all films I enjoy.

But the more recent musicals like Chicago, Dreamgirls and Moulin Rouge haven't done much for me.

Oh ****, I totally forgot Willy Wonka counts as a musical :lol:

I was just about to say I don't like them. I guess in a more general sense I can rock with Grease or Westside Story and cuz of that I tend to think musicals have to also have a fair share of choreographed dancing.

Plus then there's thendofference between musical plays and musical movies. I also don't like the theater much.

I love stuff like the first animated Jungle Book and the Aristocats though.

Last edited:
^^^ Yeah, I'm also good with the Disney animated movies that have singing. Robin Hood and Jungle Book are two of my ATFs. But I kind of consider them their own genre that's separate from live action musicals. I don't know what to do with Mary Poppins since it's half-animated. LOL. But I like that too.

I love singing in my movies. If I was a good singer I'd be breaking into song everyday.

However, I'm a bad singer, so I limit it to every other day.

Last edited:
Sweeney Todd
Moulin rouge
Nightmare before Christmas
Some Disney movies
These the only musicals I mess with. I am interested in la la land though

Musicals 
sick.gif

Lets just bring back cheesy music montages.

If we're talking about cartoon musicals, South Park has to be mentioned

Oh, yes.

When I got home from work the other day, my son was watching the "Kyle's Mom is A B-" song on his computer. Must have watched it 3 times in a row and was crying the whole time. **** is hilarious. My wife is still kind of pissed at me for introducing him to that movie because she thinks he's too young, but W/E, I was watching movies with cussing (and worse) when I was his age (11).

I must've watched high school musical 20 times in 2006

If it has singing in it, I've probably seen it once.

I hated Les Miserables

Last edited:
Swiss Army Man was an enjoyable musical.
This was a musical? The joint with Paul Dano and Daniel Radcliffe?

Don't know how to feel if it is. It was on the to watch list.
It sort of is. It's not an out and out musical, it just has a lot of music in it and original songs. A small amount of singing tbh. Worth the watch imo; I enjoyed it a lot (not everyone's cup of tea though).

I forgot I watched crybaby a long time ago. I remember there was a really ugly blonde chick in it. Not sure if it was the same movie with a fat ricki lake.

I forgot I watched crybaby a long time ago. I remember there was a really ugly blonde chick in it. Not sure if it was the same movie with a fat ricki lake.
lol my 9th grade English teacher used to play cry baby in class.  This was a hs in the hood, she was one of the only white teachers at the school and she would get flamed every time she put it on. 

Last edited:
Um. I just saw the Fate and the Furious trailer.

What.

The F.

Was that.

I felt like today was April Fool's and someone was playing a prank on me.

Dom.

Water you dewin

My reaction after the trailer:

Last edited:
^^^ Just saw a Tweet saying about F&F, these dudes went from stealing TVs out of trucks to being the GD Avengers. LMAO.

Back
Top Bottom