Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

The Trust. 6/8

So Frodo and CageGOD play two jerkoff "cops" that work in the evidence department. Cage is the boss and Frodo is his trusted employee. They come across a small time drug dealer/criminal Who somehow makes bail for 200k. They investigate off the books and come across what can only be a stash vault. They decide to rob it.

Now at first they come off as 2 knuckleheads out of their league attempting this but then it's revealed Cage is crazy or aptly put he's snapped. He's decided he's doing this by any means necessary. Like you hear about those mild mannered dudes on those real crime shows that just one day snap and murder some ppl or plan a ******* bank heist out the blue. That's Cage's character.

That's when **** gets wild and serious with the heist and what they find :lol:

It was a good watch.

Last edited:
Spent the afternoon watching flicks after the giants win

Edge of seventeen 6/8
Manchesterby the sea 7/8

Can't see anybody beating Casey Affleck for the oscar.

Last edited:
Spent the afternoon watching flicks after the giants win

Edge of seventeen 6/8
Manchesterby the sea 7/8

I don't think he wins with all the sexual harassment stuff rearing its head but then again, he is a white male so we will see.

Sexual harassment? Damn him too.

I was never find of Casey as actor but given the praise I look forward to what he does in this movie.

Caught fantastic beats last night. I agree with the meh rating. I never was really a fan of the HP's but went into this excited because of the great casting. The story outside of catching the beasts kindve confused me.

Watching Manchester by the sea this weekend

Oh wow.

He does give off scumbag vibes though. You can see it in some of his acting.

The allegations are what I would expect. Typical reckless line stepping white boy behavior. Harassment in the extreme with the sadistic slant to it. Casey seems like the type to offer a chick his room, say he gonna sleep on the couch then end up in bed with the chick in straight get it in mode, drunk, then get angry with her when she asks you to leave :smh:

Son probably made the excuse that he went too "method" with the project.

This key part stands out:

The Parker parallel is an important one. Of course, Parker was accused of a different, more serious crime—raping a female college student. Parker was acquitted, while Affleck settled. Then there’s the fact that Nate Parker is a black man. Like Affleck, the actor and director had been fast-tracked for critical acclaim and stardom. Considering the fact that Parker’s career has taken a fatal hit, we have to ask why Affleck’s history continues to be hidden paragraphs deep, or swept under the rug entirely.
:nerd:

Last edited:
^ Yep, that'll be the nail in his coffin if it gets more shine -- let's see how quickly his PR team kills any mention of it.

Will be VERY interesting to see how it plays out especially considering how they did Nate Parker.

Us old heads will remember... I always thought Det. Ron Harris was one of the coolest guys on TV when I first started watching the boob tube.

RIP Ron Glass.

R.I.P. to Shepherd Book

I don't think he wins with all the sexual harassment stuff rearing its head but then again, he is a white male so we will see.

Hollywood takes care of their own

Same liberals that actively speak out about racism and women's rights are some of the biggest offenders.

Same liberals that actively speak out about racism and women's rights are some of the biggest offenders.

Kinda makes his movie "the killer inside me" all the more messed up, the way he was throwing those haymakers at Alba. I mean what if dude was just acting out an abusive fantasy for the camera? *shudders in scust

there was already a huge outcry that got the maui costume pulled from the shelves. if moana was voiced by a caucasian, i guarantee there would have been complaints.
They got some of it right. Tama tonga [emoji]133673644532[/emoji] over here. Son, brother and gramps name is Maui. Originates from Maui fusi fonua, (land puller) and a He did have a magical hook. Basically land creator that made all islands of the kingdom of Tonga (tongatapu, haapai and vavau). There was no moana and never any female warriors until maybe courtship of queen salote but that was after Christianity was brought on by the whites.
We were savages and male dominated culture back then. But hey, Disney gona Disney.

Kinda makes his movie "the killer inside me" all the more messed up, the way he was throwing those haymakers at Alba. I mean what if dude was just acting out an abusive fantasy for the camera? *shudders in scust
Yeah.

This was the last movie I saw Casey Affleck in. Playing some serial killing small town sheriff.

Manchesterby the sea 7/8

Agree with the rating, but I think Casey's acting is too withdrawn and subtle in that movie to draw the attention of the Academy.
That scene between him and Michelle Williams will be talked about for years to come, tho

Manchesterby the sea 7/8

Agree with the rating, but I think Casey's acting is too withdrawn and subtle in that movie to draw the attention of the Academy.
That scene between him and Michelle Williams will be talked about for years to come, tho

Casey's winning Best Actor. Book It.

Btw,
The interrogation room scene had me weeping my eyes out.
Haunting Scene

I really wanna know who helps peter Dinklage choose his roles.. for a good actor he's in some crap movies

Btw,
Haunting Scene

There's always something about the early favorites that end up not working out. Denzel upset special could be incoming

Btw,
Haunting Scene

There's always something about the early favorites that end up not working out. Denzel upset special could be incoming

I remember Paul Giamatti was a god damn lock for best actor in the movie Sideways. Dude won allllll these other critics choice awards and had the golden globe nomination. Ended up not even getting nominated for an Oscar for that movie (the supporting actor got the Oscar nom :rofl: :rofl:)

I see that Denzel upset too :lol: they gonna try to avoid that "black actors got nominated but none of them won" backlash

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom