Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

The Descent ---- 5.75 / 8

The shorties in this movie went from clueless to straight ride-or-die. This is how you do a "contained" film with character motivations, story progression, and good tension.

Not sure how I feel about the Juno chick either. Definitely a gray area.

It's not like Queen gets discussed a lot how many decades since they've made music :lol:

Not here, rest of General, and especially not the music forum.

Wait a few more years when more millenial NTers join :lol: They gonna be on some who is Stevie Wonder nonsense.

Well Not on nt but Freddie Mercury is widely regarded by many peers and puplications as the best frontman in rock history even before his death. **** even kurt cobain gave him props on his suicide note

I feel you must have seriously missed something somewhere along the line in life if you don't know who queen is..

We are the champions (sports), we will rock you (again sports), bohemian rhapsody, mighty ducks (classic scene), Wayne's world (another classic scene), anther one bites the dust, under pressure

Not knowing who Queen is, man that's pretty bad hahaha. But speaking of their movie contributions.....who can forget their EPIC Highlander soundtrack?! This scene pretty much brings me to tears everytime

Last edited:
Flash Gordon soundtrack alone should aware everyone of Queen. God level.

Dr. Strange was pretty great. Awesome visuals, strong script/story, BC was perfect, and the humor was unexpected but solid. Certainly sets up well for what we know is coming.

Antman was really good, DSA is crazy. :lol:

It's not like Queen gets discussed a lot how many decades since they've made music :lol:

Not here, rest of General, and especially not the music forum.

Wait a few more years when more millenial NTers join :lol: They gonna be on some who is Stevie Wonder nonsense.

Well Not on nt but Freddie Mercury is widely regarded by many peers and puplications as the best frontman in rock history even before his death. **** even kurt cobain gave him props on his suicide note

I feel you must have seriously missed something somewhere along the line in life if you don't know who queen is..

We are the champions (sports), we will rock you (again sports), bohemian rhapsody, mighty ducks (classic scene), Wayne's world (another classic scene), anther one bites the dust, under pressure
[/quote]
You know what, it probably goes without saying, but maybe for some Queen has just reached that point where you may not know and associate the band's name with their greatness but their classic music and contributions are so engrained in to the culture there's no way you aren't aware of their work.

Sort of like somebody not up on Beethoven or Mozart by name but we all know Moonlight sonata and Piano sonata no. 11 when we hear it.

i just found him to be a lame "hero" :lol:

like in civil war, i couldn't stand him man :lol:
He is suppose to be a lame hero :lol: Especially this version that's a thief and dad. Lovable loser type.

Honestly it's Paul Rudd just playing what he knows, a combination of most of his roles from any romcom or comedy.

With that said movie was far from bad.

mystique gonna make a random appearance in that freddy mercury movie.

:lol: :smh:

remember, were musicians and proud.

Who the hell is Queen

200w.gif

didn't even see Ant Man and know it's trash :lol:

it was good man. give it a shot when you get some time.

Attempted to see Doctor Strange last night, but it was sold out.

Hacksaw Ridge is a MUST see. Easily my favorite of 2016 thus far, and with only 2 months to go it might hold that top spot.

Unbelievable movie.

[quote name="macbk"]Attempted to see Doctor Strange last night, but it was sold out.

Hacksaw Ridge is a MUST see. Easily my favorite of 2016 thus far, and with only 2 months to go it might hold that top spot.

Unbelievable movie.
[/quote]Not much for war movies. Never have been.

darthska darthska I hear ya man. It's like horror films for me, never cared to sit through them.

But Hacksaw was very entertaining, start to finish. Mel Gibson did a damn good job and Garfield killed it (ironic).

i just found him to be a lame "hero" :lol:

like in civil war, i couldn't stand him man :lol:
He is suppose to be a lame hero :lol: Especially this version that's a thief and dad. Lovable loser type.

Honestly it's Paul Rudd just playing what he knows, a combination of most of his roles from any romcom or comedy.

With that said movie was far from bad.

lovable loser, huh? no wonder CP liked it :lol:

nah i guess i'll give it a shot next time i get the chance

didn't even see Ant Man and know it's trash :lol:

it was good man. give it a shot when you get some time.

will do

Two movies are on Netflix that for some reason I never got aroUnd to watching, I just saw last night.

Underworld II(2006): so I thought the 1st one was hot garbage so I never bothered with any of the other ones (I don't even know how many there are now). Anyway evolutions was quit good and WAAAAY better than the 1st in my opinion. It's worth a watch even if these movies aren't your jam. Plus you can't go wrong with a nekkid beckinsale sex scene :pimp:
5.8/8

Chronicles of narnia(2005): again, I can't explain why I've never seen any of these until now but yeah I liked it. I'm a sucker for these fantasy movies and Lion,witch,wardrobe was one of my favorite cartoons growing up. 6.3/8

Back
Top Bottom