Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

War films also are not one of my favorite genres, but there are a few that I've enjoyed a lot over the years and watched more than once. Patton, Apocalypse Now and Saving Private Ryan are all exceptional movies, IMO. Full Metal Jacket is an experience but I don't like it as much as those others. Most other war films I can take or leave.

I didn't think much of Hacksaw just based on the premise. Even if based on a true story I'm not totally buying it.

I assume it's gonna rely on invoking feels more so than dope action and war story I'll eventually check it. I'll be fair to it though, I'm not expecting a Saving Private Ryan at all (that's not even my favorite war movie).

At this point I'm peeping the movies I want to see first right now. I'll wait for Oscar nominee announcements for anything I may have to watch.

Saw Dr. Strange yesterday. Will watch again in 3D. Its a 6.8/8 right now for me. My spoiler filled review:

The movie was really really really good. Dann near great. 6.8/8

Like it didn't 100% blow my mind where I'm like best MCU movie or best origin ever but it gave me just enough where I want more and I will go see this again. This time in Imax 3D.

The visuals were insane, I loved it. I know when I watch this high it'll feel like my heart is in my skull and my brain gonna be in my left foot. They could've really went in if they wanted and made the whole audience just melt in their seats. The action was so on point that I was not totally expecting that so it gave the Dr. Strange world a different feel.

I liked the message of the movie. They ain't just skip over Stephen's arrogance and ego once he got nice with magic. I also like how he ain't dismiss that he just killed a guy for the first time given he's a doctor but like the AO said he's flexible.

Speaking of her she put in work with the fights. Wanted more of that. Tilda was great.

I can see how some say it was quick pacing. After the crash they got through acts 1-3 at a brisk pace. Could they have stayed with Stephen being a douche more? Sure but I don't mind. I would've liked more focus on his desperateness though and only thing I wanted to see more of is magic training but that's just out of my own entertainment. Like a good extra 10 minutes of him summoning 3 eyed ravens and Griffiths and just learning but I get he's a genius so he picked up things fast and was able to call his own masters out on **** which I liked. Its also not clear how much time passed during this part was well. With that said, Ancient One just offering him up the master position in NYC was mad quick, especially with Mordo right there and many other masters still alive :lol:

Mordo's little mini character arc and motivation were well placed and I like how it's driving him. Maybe instead of Dormmamu he teams up with Nightmare or tries to serve Master Order to get these other sorcerers killed or in line for the sequel.

Anyway, can't wait to watch this again :smokin

Last edited:
Might catch a early showing of hacksaw tomorrow morning based on macbk raving. Gotta catch the accountant soon too

Last edited:
What's the gore content like in hacksaw ridge? I can't watch any war movie if it's not disturbing.

Gore is heavy for sure. I was pleasantly surprised too at the amount.

I didn't think much of Hacksaw just based on the premise. Even if based on a truer story in not totally buying it.

I assume it's gonna rely on invoking feels more so than dope action and war story I'll eventually check it. I'll be fair to it though, I'm not expecting a Saving Private Ryan at all (that's not even my favorite war movie).

It was pretty balanced between action and war story. Feels were invoked early, but it's really not the films premise throughout (in the sense that action is leveled down vs character play).

Like I said this morning, it's definitely worth seeing. I really didn't expect much going in but I left the theater pretty floored.

mel loves blood. My friend is messed up and said passion of the christ was her favorite feel good movie.

I did greatly appreciate that the movie wasn't done in English. I like when movies are done in the language of the area it's taking place in. Learning to do lines in Aramaic, Hebrew, and Latin must've been frustrating though.

Clementine from WestWorld is so damn sexy. Those big *** eyes
pimp.gif

MV5BNzgxNDUzNjEtMmZhYi00ZGFmLWI0MjktMjdjM2RlNDRmZmYxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDUzOTQ5MjY@._V1_.jpg

MV5BMjA5MDc5MDU4MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjc1Mjg3OTE@._V1_.jpg

Last edited:
Got caught with Punch Drunk Love on in the background for about 20 minutes. The music caught my attention and then I started watching when he was yelling at PHiilip S Hoffman, Seems it had been on for an hour + before I actually noticed, now I have to watch it, from the beginning.

Five minutes in, it's an odd one. I always thought this was a rom-com w/ Drew Berrymore, boy was I wrong.

Is there like an underlying theme or hidden message to this movie that I should be looking for or know? Or is it just a dark comedy or some kind of satire or neither?

Last edited:
Homeland trailer. I still like the show. Comes back Sunday January 15th 9PM.

Season 6 synopsis.

After she thwarted a terrorist attack in Berlin, season six picks up several months later and finds Carrie Mathison (Danes) back on American soil, living in Brooklyn, New York. She has begun working at a foundation whose efforts are to provide aid to Muslims living in the U.S. Season six will tackle the after effects of the U.S. presidential election, with the entire season taking place between election day and the inauguration. It’s a strange, transitional time in the halls of government filled with anxiety and different competing interests, where a very fragile and complex transfer of power takes place between the outgoing president and the incoming president-elect. Guest stars this season include Hill Harper (Limitless), Robert Knepper (Prison Break), Patrick Sabongui (The Flash) and Dominic Fumusa (NURSE JACKIE)

is brooklyn nine-nine good? im intrigued by the three female cast, specially chelsea peretti, saw some skits from the kroll show,

I'm intrigued at the thought of seeing if Rami Malek has the chops to play Freddie Mercury but the project is doomed if they get bryan singer to direct. :smh:

I saw Moonlight tonight. Had no idea what it was about. The hype is real. The story was something I've seen in my personal life growing up but it still felt unique. 7/8

Back
Top Bottom