Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Bohemian Rhapsody Movie Sets Rami Malek as Freddie Mercury

Was low key looking forward to Krampus. Finally saw it last night.

That's the worst movie I've seen in a very, very long time.

1/8, and that's generous.

i was scrolling through the free on demand movies and came across krampus. almost pulled me in but said nah at the last second :lol:

Excellent. :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Not a fan of Bryan Singer but Rami couldn't be better for this role.

rami gawd as freddy mercury [emoji]129300[/emoji] i can see it.

please dont let singer ruin this like he has with xmen :smh:

Last edited:
Happy for him because it'll be a high profile role, but I wish we got the original movie with Sacha Baron Cohen showing the real life of Freddie Mercury. In this one, Mercury is going to die halfway through, they won't get into the details of his life and AIDS, and the rest of the movie will be Queen moving on without him. A far less compelling story in my opinion.

I need to see Strange ASAP. I haven't been to the movies in over a month and that feels weird, but that's usually how this time of the year goes.

Moana, Miss Sloane (only because I love me some Chastain), Elle sounds really interesting, Arrival is a must see because of Villeneuve, Adams, and I'm a sucker for aliens and sci-fi, and then Manchester by the Sea

Happy for him because it'll be a high profile role, but I wish we got the original movie with Sacha Baron Cohen showing the real life of Freddie Mercury. In this one, Mercury is going to die halfway through, they won't get into the details of his life and AIDS, and the rest of the movie will be Queen moving on without him. A far less compelling story in my opinion.

I need to see Strange ASAP. I haven't been to the movies in over a month and that feels weird, but that's usually how this time of the year goes.

Moana, Miss Sloane (only because I love me some Chastain), Elle sounds really interesting, Arrival is a must see because of Villeneuve, Adams, and I'm a sucker for aliens and sci-fi, and then Manchester by the Sea
Man... after reading that bit about the Sacha Baron Cohen as Freddie Mercury film that could have been and how Mercury will die halfway through, I was like...

200.gif

How you gonna just throw out such a major part of his/the band's history?

This is going to be like a worse version of Straight Out Of Compton.

Tell the whole damn story.

Recap since Wednesday.

Trolls 4.5/8 - There was way too much singing for me. Then again its not really for me? This is a pass unless you've got little ones.

Doctor Strange 5.5/8 - Enjoyed the visuals. Enjoyed the cast. Its a good origin but didn't do much for me going forward.

Hacksaw Ridge 5/8 - I'm not a fan of Garfield but didn't hate him. The action was mad wild. Idk how accurate it was or anything but it for sure isn't the new Saving Private Ryan. 

How you gonna just throw out such a major part of his/the band's history?

This is going to be like a worse version of Straight Out Of Compton.

Tell the whole damn story.

It's either the surviving Queen members or Mercury's family that's the problem. I read an interview with SBC and he said something to that effect. The band put the brakes on the version of the film he was attached to.

Doctor Strange 5.5/8 - Enjoyed the visuals. Enjoyed the cast. Its a good origin but didn't do much for me going forward.

Hacksaw Ridge 5/8 - I'm not a fan of Garfield but didn't hate him. The action was mad wild. Idk how accurate it was or anything but it for sure isn't the new Saving Private Ryan. 

Toss up btwn Strange & Ridge tonight. I definitely am not expecting SPR level but it does look solid.

Mel Gibson looked so uncomfortable on Colbert.

It's like his cool is gone.

I really felt sorry for him.

Just finished godfather part 1 again, man great great movie

Starting part 2 now, which is easily in my top 8

Dear Zachary -- 6/8

I've never condoned hitting women, but shorty should've gotten kicked in the head for what she did.

People said it was a sad film, but it was just frustrating to me. It's like watching a continual downward spiral. I am still heated after watching it.

Who the hell is Queen
I have failed you. I don't know how, but... we have all failed you.

Who is Queen?

Who the hell is Queen?

(No but seriously, you've heard We Are the Champions, right? Yeah, the song they play upon damn near every championship victory. That's Queen.)

We are the champions? Definitely heard that song a million times. Thanks lol

I suppose I know who Queen is afterall. :lol:
False alarm fellas, no need to flame :nerd:

Last edited:
It's not like Queen gets discussed a lot how many decades since they've made music :lol:

Not here, rest of General, and especially not the music forum.

Wait a few more years when more millenial NTers join :lol: They gonna be on some who is Stevie Wonder nonsense.

Last edited:
Queen also has a movie pedigree because they did the soundtrack for the 1980 Flash Gordon flick, which is awesome

Back
Top Bottom