Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Danny Boyle caught lightning in the bottle with the first one. The story ended pretty neatly... I feel kinda ambivalent of this sequel. :rolleyes

This scene perfectly captured addiction...

Is Mel Gibson rocking that beard for a role or is that his new trying not to look like a racist look?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Also, I was skeptical about Trainspotting 2 at first but that trailer makes it look exactly like the 1st one in a good way. I really don't think you can go wrong with that cast. Pretty excited. I cut the trailer short so as to not spoil too much.

Last edited:
La La Land is going to be epic

Something tells me La La Land will shoot up to the top of my best of list for 2016.

The reviews I've read have all said it's a magical movie.

Salty I still haven't seen it yet. There's only been a handful of screenings, mostly private, in NYC which is rare for a film of this caliber.

It hit virtually every other Film Festival except the NYFF. Ahhh well, guess I can wait another month :rolleyes

Dr. Strange is :smokin 7/8 cumberbatch is perfect for the role

Lala land isnt doing it for me based on trailers but I'll watch it anyway.

Last edited:
About to watch..
8598130_stay-puft-marshmallow-man-reacts-to-ghostbusters_4085c629_m.jpg

Ghostbusters_2016_film_poster.png

Going to go ahead and finish off Master of None.
Saved this for a rainy day/night, it's not raining but knights the night

Ep4: Dev is an idiot for not beating up Nina's middle. She was ready, still is.

Last edited:
Is Mel Gibson rocking that beard for a role or is that his new trying not to look like a racist look?

The beard is indeed for flick he's doing with Sean Penn, Professor and the Madman (adaptation of the book). Crazy dude has been holding onto the rights for the book since '98.

He seems like he goes off his bi-polar meds too often but damn he can make a great flick (IE Braveheart & Apocalypto).

Last edited:
Dave Chapelle hosting SNL on 11/11 with A Tribe Called Quest (RIP Phife) as the musical guest. Normally don't get excited about SNL, but curious to see what Chapelle has in store.

Dave Chapelle hosting SNL on 11/11 with A Tribe Called Quest (RIP Phife) as the musical guest. Normally don't get excited about SNL, but curious to see what Chapelle has in store.
yup.. I'm in

hopefully tribe has a bunch of guest with them

Dr. Strange

personally, I give it a strong 8/8.

If you don't like that, you probably don't like Marvel movies.

Was low key looking forward to Krampus. Finally saw it last night.

That's the worst movie I've seen in a very, very long time.

1/8, and that's generous.

Was low key looking forward to Krampus. Finally saw it last night.

That's the worst movie I've seen in a very, very long time.

1/8, and that's generous.

Krampus wen waaaaay left about halfway or 3/4 through the movie. I was fully invested like "yo this is dope can't wait to see what happens next!" Then at some point I just wanted to do this

It COULD have been a classic but they made some poor choices with the script.

Dr. Strange

So you're saying its a flawless perfect movie for every second it ran on screen?
Nothing could of been better whatsoever?
Perfect dialogue in every scene, perfect casting for every character, etc?

Ladder 49 any good? Found it in my DVD stacks and never watched it. Still DS from like 2006.

6.7/8 for dr strange

My only real knock, is it felt like there should have been more.. movie was very good.. but some things of the initial stuff felt rushed

Movie definitely makes you want a lot more, which works against it

Guess it's time for me to peep Sausage Party.

I had it in my mind I could handle the gross humor even if it wasn't funny even after I read reviews/opinions on here but guess I gotta see how far Seth and co. take it :lol:

[quote name="LiCeNseD To BaLL"][quote name="rck3sactown"]Dr. Strange

[/quote]

So you're saying its a flawless perfect movie for every second it ran on screen?
Nothing could of been better whatsoever?
Perfect dialogue in every scene, perfect casting for every character, etc?[/quote]Thank you. Exactly.

Back
Top Bottom