Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Well, my son wanted to try the Ghostbusters reboot so I just ordered it on PPV. Will report back with a review.

Fell asleep after about 2/3 of the movie. What I did see was just ok. I wouldn't call it an insult to the original or anything, but also not anywhere close to being as good. The first act when they set things up and introduce the characters is solid, with a few laughs, but once they start catching ghosts it devolves. And the cameos from the cast of the original film didn't work very well IMO. Just seemed forced. 4.75/8.

Last edited:
Episode 1 of the new season of Black Mirror is pure genius man. Can't wait to binge the rest later.

Already starting on the same note of greatness from the first 2 seasons.

**** is scary though. That's exactly how our society is today, and it's getting worse. If you watched the episode you'd know what I'm talking about :smh:

I won't spoil though.
Just start watching the show people, so many sad yet truthful messages about people and society in every episode/story.

All of this. It's so sickening but it's the reality for 95% of the people I know. That was such a well done episode. And Bryce Dallas Howard :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Last edited:
Donald Glover cast as Lando in the Han Solo movie.

I'm skeptical about the movie, even though Disney/Star Wars has been great so far and Lord and Miller are two of my favorites, but I am thrilled to see Glover get cast in such a high profile role. Well deserved.

Yeah I think his fans were bummed about him not getting even a consideration for Spider Man, so it's nice to see him land a pretty high supporting role in what's going to easily be a massive box office hit.

Fell asleep after about 2/3 of the movie. What I did see was just ok. I wouldn't call it an insult to the original or anything, but also not anywhere close to being as good. The first act when they set things up and introduce the characters is solid, with a few laughs, but once they start catching ghosts it devolves. And the cameos from the cast of the original film didn't work very well IMO. Just seemed forced. 4.75/8.
first 2/3 of the movie was actually ok. you're lucky you skipped the last 1/3 of it. was on par with pixels with how bad it was at the end. basically felt like you were watching bombs dropping on a traffic jam for 30 minutes.

jack reacher 2 was 
sick.gif
mean.gif

Donald Glover cast as Lando in the Han Solo movie.

I'm skeptical about the movie, even though Disney/Star Wars has been great so far and Lord and Miller are two of my favorites, but I am thrilled to see Glover get cast in such a high profile role. Well deserved.

I can't wait to see the card game where Han wins the Falcon from Lando... That scene should be epic... I wonder if Glover's Lando will don a cape? Or does Lando not make this kind of sartorial choice at that stage of his life?

They could cast Jim Rash as a young Lobot (loyal servant to Lando)... :lol:

Last edited:
See, that's the thing. There are so many of you that have movie opinions I really respect, like a lot.

And then you'll post something about watching a movie like Sausage Party, and I'm like, "Why... would you... even attempt that?"

You have a refined taste in movies. How are you seeing the trailer for that garbage and thinking "Oh yeah, that's gonna be good. Worth the money"?

Like, no.

laugh.gif

See, that's the thing. There are so many of you that have movie opinions I really respect, like a lot.

And then you'll post something about watching a movie like Sausage Party, and I'm like, "Why... would you... even attempt that?"

You have a refined taste in movies. How are you seeing the trailer for that garbage and thinking "Oh yeah, that's gonna be good. Worth the money"?

Like, no.

:lol:

I say the same thing about myself, but I love some childish and offensive humor still :smh:

I couldn't get past 20 minutes of Sausage Party.

Why? Was the humor too over the top and outrageous or what?

Like, no.

I know what I'm getting myself into with a Seth Rogen movie and all, but I just couldn't get into it. :lol: :\

The jokes just weren't hitting.

I know what I'm getting myself into with a Seth Rogen movie and all, but I just couldn't get into it. :lol: :\

The jokes just weren't hitting.

I kind of figured it would be like that for me, so I didn't even bother. I have no problems with childish/offensive humor. But a lot of times the jokes in Seth Rogen movies are just simply not funny to me.

Like, no.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
yeah. i wont even attempt to watch a seth rogen movie. they not for me.. like that seth mcfarlane humor. 

black mirror. man that series is so great binge watched almost every episode from the new series. some of the concepts had me , like damn. thats already going on . another was like damn i cant wait till we have that technology. I want that. 

Last edited:

Like, no.

Knocked Up definitely was a little long on the run time, I feel you on that.

I'm probably in the minority here as well, but I the second fave movie from/with him would be Funny People with Adam Sandler. Movie hit with some of the feels.

When your lady is pregnant, Knocked Up is so good and relevant :lol:

No... I mean it is LITTERLY my life :lol:... My girl and I got knocked up out first weekend together judging by my math... We just found out she is 31 weeks pregnant with absolutely no symptoms... Failed IUD :smh:...

Back
Top Bottom