Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Just got finished watching. Solid indie joint. Brings back some good middle school memories
smokin.gif

I recommend you all go watch this movie on netflix. It's a mystery/thriller/suspense movie. Had me :wow: by the end. Good mix of humor and dark moments. The lead character will remind you of Walter White like no other :rofl: :rofl:

For those who didn't watch the trailer....Basically a motivational speaker/ washed up hypnotist book salesman is contacted by the parents of a girl in a cult. The parents fear that the girl is going to be lost forever to this crazy cult and they want the hypnotist guy to use his expertise to try and persuade her back to a normal life. His plan is to kidnap her, lock her in a room, and work his mojo for 5 days until she see's the wrongful ways of her cult.

Very good performances from the entire cast, and a great script. 7.5/8, could have been an 8/8 with a more well known director.

All I know about Ray Liotta is this -- if I ever see him sitting at a bar, I'm going to walk up next to him and order an Appletini or Cosmo from the bartender, get it and look at Liotta like "what?"

Blackway got my interest only cuz of Hopkins.

Cool to see the homey Bjorn Ironside Lothbrok get on a cover with those 3.

Some good discussion. A lot of ppl do raise the bar too high. Some romanticizing the past though.

You shouldn't be comparing your child self enjoying movie to yourself as an adult. That is stupid. When you're a child that's a bit of ignorance is bliss entertainment phase. If you want to approach movies like that then you should also stuck with a childlike interest in discussing movies which is usually zero.

Great point about showing restraint and the amount of movies being churned out now.

Caught a bit and piece of Love & Mercy this morning.
Fing intriguing. Wow.

Can't wait to watch it. Never noticed how hypnotic their songs were, that scene where they are making "Good Vibrations", it almost drove me mad, but I couldn't stop listening, it was strange
The Cusack parts I could take or leave. Paul Dano was great though. They did a great job on the studio scenes. It looks just like the actual footage like this 

Finished Rome the other day. It was okay. Kinda became more about Pullo and Vorenus which was good but once Caesar died the story telling dropped in levels of being interesting when it was Octavian and Mark Antony against some traitors.

I liked the seesaw of Pullo being in a dark place and Vorenus helping him out and then the opposite. Show really just became about a friendship with other **** happening in Rome. Plus the foul **** others would do to somebody.

The things I don't like were the horrid fight scenes. So much struggle and it never really got better. The production quality and camera shots that weren't good with the early eps got better though. Went from Legend of Hercules/Xena to something with its own style. They tried to do something with the Jewish characters but meh.

Also call me vain but what was really good with all these ugly to awg broads? Like it was too realistic on that front. Octavia was whack but grew on me, Cleopatra was unbelievably whack, Caesar's mistress was super whack, Octavian's wife had the crazy grill, etc. Only chicks I wanted to smash were Atia and of course Zukeila Robinson who played that feisty slave.

I got this ranked behind The Tudors and further behind The Borgias as far as historical shows that ended too soon or were a notch below better shows in this category/genre.

It was cool to see Mance, Edmure, Dorne queen, and like one other familiar face in this.

:rofl: @ the fat dude that read the news. Son had endless swag. He could do that on any show :lol:

newsreader-from_rome.gif

Last edited:
Yeah I posted that vid a few pgs back.

Weird, creepy, interesting, and potentially hilarious watch I think.

Was looking forward to this movie just off of the book but now that I see the trailer my expectations are waning

Hollywood's track record with books I like :/

I'm still going to watch though. Gemma Arterton :pimp:

For those who don't know. It's basically set in a world overrun by zombies. Most zombies are your typical zombies but there's a certain population of zombies that are high functioning and a research team is trying to figure out why.

The main character - a young girl - is not only one of the high functioning zombies but she also possesses a genius level intellect.

Last edited:
HeadHunters on netflix.

Thriller. An art thief sets his eyes on the heist of the century to provide for his smoking hot wife. Lots of twists and turns. Smart characters. Jaime Lannister is in it. Nuff said.

5.8/8 only because of subtitles

I'm not a big fan of dude so it's not a plus :lol:

That commercial with Alison Brie had me laughing so that might change.

Finished Rome the other day. It was okay. Kinda became more about Pullo and Vorenus which was good but once Caesar died the story telling dropped in levels of being interesting when it was Octavian and Mark Antony against some traitors.

I liked the seesaw of Pullo being in a dark place and Vorenus helping him out and then the opposite. Show really just became about a friendship with other **** happening in Rome. Plus the foul **** others would do to somebody.

The things I don't like were the horrid fight scenes. So much struggle and it never really got better. The production quality and camera shots that weren't good with the early eps got better though. Went from Legend of Hercules/Xena to something with its own style. They tried to do something with the Jewish characters but meh.

Also call me vain but what was really good with all these ugly to awg broads? Like it was too realistic on that front. Octavia was whack but grew on me, Cleopatra was unbelievably whack, Caesar's mistress was super whack, Octavian's wife had the crazy grill, etc. Only chicks I wanted to smash were Atia and of course Zukeila Robinson who played that feisty slave.

I got this ranked behind The Tudors and further behind The Borgias as far as historical shows that ended too soon or were a notch below better shows in this category/genre.

It was cool to see Mance, Edmure, Dorne queen, and like one other familiar face in this.

roll.gif
@ the fat dude that read the news. Son had endless swag. He could do that on any show
laugh.gif

newsreader-from_rome.gif
I'm slacking on my HBO shows. Just finished The Wire so I might have to give ROME a shot.

Independence Day really sounds like one of the worst movies of the year. I think everybody saw the bad reviews coming, but even audiences hated it. It has a lower cinemascore than Warcraft
laugh.gif
sick.gif
I saw it today. 3.8/8 definitely worse than Warcraft.

I recommend you all go watch this movie on netflix. It's a mystery/thriller/suspense movie. Had me
eek.gif
by the end. Good mix of humor and dark moments. The lead character will remind you of Walter White like no other
roll.gif
roll.gif

For those who didn't watch the trailer....Basically a motivational speaker/ washed up hypnotist book salesman is contacted by the parents of a girl in a cult. The parents fear that the girl is going to be lost forever to this crazy cult and they want the hypnotist guy to use his expertise to try and persuade her back to a normal life. His plan is to kidnap her, lock her in a room, and work his mojo for 5 days until she see's the wrongful ways of her cult.

Very good performances from the entire cast, and a great script. 7.5/8, could have been an 8/8 with a more well known director.
Thanks for the recommendation. Really enjoyed this one and I rarely find movies I haven't heard about that are good on Netflix.

Back
Top Bottom