Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Entourage definitely fell off I wanna say after Vince got that call from Marty & got his shine back. 

Still a classic, though.

When Turtle plans on telling Tom Brady to go F himself at that charity golf event but ends up falling in love with him 
roll.gif

saw 10 Cloverfield Lane for the first time. 6.4/8

based off the title I knew what it should consist of but my bro told me to go in with no knowledge and I did. Probably had skimmed a commercial of it because all I knew was that John Goodman was in it and I know everyone loves him (me too). It was great. It took turns that I know a lot of movies now wouldn't do.

without looking at reviews or news outlets of it still as I write this I hope it continues as a chronicles tale and not sequel. Those of you who watched know what I mean

Deadwood they might do a movie or mini series, but hbo's been trying since it was cancelled. The creator was busy with John from cincinatti and luck and well those didn't go so well.

Rome they can actually just start filming whenever because most of the sets are still up. At the time, the show just cost too much and hbo got scared. Now it would be hard to get the cast back. With game of thrones ending, it would make sense if they brought this back somehow since vinyl sucked and who knows if west world is any good. David fincher's Utopia could've been great but they pulled the plug in that too.

Hold up, they deaded the American Utopia? WTH? I dunno why they even cancelled the og British series. Only 2 seasons was BS.

Seeing this later today. Reviews have been mixed & his last film was a head scratcher, in a bad way, but because Refn made "Drive", I'll always give his films a chance.

Yo this 1st ep of Rome is poorly produced :lol: What the ****?

Deadwood they might do a movie or mini series, but hbo's been trying since it was cancelled. The creator was busy with John from cincinatti and luck and well those didn't go so well.

Rome they can actually just start filming whenever because most of the sets are still up. At the time, the show just cost too much and hbo got scared. Now it would be hard to get the cast back. With game of thrones ending, it would make sense if they brought this back somehow since vinyl sucked and who knows if west world is any good. David fincher's Utopia could've been great but they pulled the plug in that too.
How often does HBO or any network bring back shows after that sought of gap.since cancellation?

If they wanted to work with the creators again even with a similar show/genre they'd most likely create a new show.

Last edited:
Seeing this later today. Reviews have been mixed & his last film was a head scratcher, in a bad way, but because Refn made "Drive", I'll always give his films a chance.
It'll be up on amazon in 90 days if you could wait. Looks great but it's not that good of a movie. Definitely worth a watch though. Joan from Mad Men alone is reason enough. 

American Utopia could still be made at HBO, but not with David Fincher. Probably not any time soon though. 

Yo this 1st ep of Rome is poorly produced
laugh.gif
What the ****?
How often does HBO or any network bring back shows after that sought of gap.since cancellation?

If they wanted to work with the creators again even with a similar show/genre they'd most likely create a new show.
Revivals are pretty common now. They could start new shows but old shows have built in audiences so you don't have to start from zero when you're selling it.  HBO just did it with Curb.

Fox -  24, Prison Break, X-files,

NBC - heroes (they wish they hadn't) 

Netflix - Full House, Gilmore Girls, Arrested Development 

CBS - Twin Peaks

I was excited for a Tales from the Crypt revival but M Night is producing so he's going to run that into the ground. 

Hope there's a Freaks and Geeks revival 

Yo this 1st ep of Rome is poorly produced :lol: What the ****?

Revivals are pretty common now. They could start new shows but old shows have built in audiences so you don't have to start from zero when you're selling it.  HBO just did it with Curb.
Fox -  24, Prison Break, X-files,
NBC - heroes (they wish they hadn't) 
Netflix - Full House, Gilmore Girls, Arrested Development 
CBS - Twin Peaks

I was excited for a Tales from the Crypt revival but M Night is producing so he's going to run that into the ground. 
Hope there's a Freaks and Geeks revival 
Nah man, those are basic tv channels. Not cable and not HBO. I should've specified cable networks like AMC, Showtime, Cinemax, etc.

NBC, FOX, CBS, ABC are bringing back old shows cuz they're desperate on the creative front. Keep in mind they're at least bringing back series that were really successful at some point. Not ones that were cancelled after 1 or 2 seasons.

Curb was never cancelled. They got a do it when you feel like deal with Larry and again Curb has like what 7-10 seasons? :lol: That show would never be cancelled due to low ratings or not being critically acclaimed or being too costly.

Also I think you're confusing revivals with bringing back shows that ended or were cancelled on the same network. Tales of the Crypt was never a TNT show to begin with. Netflix and streaming services are in the business of continuing shows. If y'all were saying that could happen to Rome you might have a shot even though there is no fan movement to do that. Plus again the shows you give as examples were all wildly successful.

The only series I can recall HBO bringing back after S1 was cancelled was The Comeback and that was kinda the selling point for its return given HBO isn't in the business of doing that much.

Last edited:
neon demon looks like more fluff than substance plus it has that dude from dexter/limitless and he's kinda mediocre. funny that you mention drive though, i almost bought that scorpion jacket [emoji]128514[/emoji]

mechanic resurrection looks like the exact kinda movie that my mom loves to watch [emoji]128514[/emoji] i'll def dl that one.

Back
Top Bottom