Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

:pimp:

I actually enjoy watching garbage movies that I don't expect anything from. Only time I get pissed is when I expect good things and get let down.

I'm kind of like that too, but every so often I will turn on something that I think is so objectively bad that I can't get through it -- even though my expectations were super low to begin with. Its rare though.

Random but Pride and Glory is still hella underrated.

The ending was meh but the ride there was amazing.

I am on a roll of garbage movies...

Last night I watched Pride Prejudice and Zombies then Gods of Egypt. I expected nothing but just how does stuff like that get made...
No one really lost big money on even Gods of Egypt with that huge budget. Using tax incentives, international presales, and co-financing, the studio took a shot with relatively low risk and it didn't work out. These types of things are aimed mainly at international markets and the domestic take is the icing on the cake. They hoped for a Clash of the Titans type return and whiffed. 

No one really lost big money on even Gods of Egypt with that huge budget. Using tax incentives, international presales, and co-financing, the studio took a shot with relatively low risk and it didn't work out. These types of things are aimed mainly at international markets and the domestic take is the icing on the cake. They hoped for a Clash of the Titans type return and whiffed. 
Thank you?

Now You See Me 2 4/8

^ Damn, it was that bad? 4/8?

laugh.gif

Ok NT, out of TV.

My HBO crew, rank these shows for me so I know where to start.

Might start from worst to first.

Vinyl

The Sopranos

Silicon Valley

Rome

Oz

Deadwood

Band of Brothers

Ballers
Rome first.

Then we can discuss Everything else.

i finally started OITNB. i'm about 5 episodes into the first season. it's really enjoyable so far. i wonder if i'll catch the whole series up or will it go to the grave of shows i liked but never finished like the americans, sons of anarchy, nurse jackie and probably a bunch of others.

and on a tangent, you know what show i really liked and followed was fringe. i actually watched all the eps and have them saved somewhere. i'm pretty sure it was network tv too.

It was FOX. They seem to do sci-fi shows with a cult following justice.

I thoroughly enjoyed the show beginning to end.

You should binge The Americans. Don't know where you stopped but I love it.

Last edited:
Ok NT, out of TV.

My HBO crew, rank these shows for me so I know where to start.

Might start from worst to first.

Vinyl
The Sopranos
Silicon Valley
Rome
Oz
Deadwood
Band of Brothers
Ballers
I'm still mad they didn't give deadwood a proper ending. The cast is really good and you see them in some of the best shows.

Yeah, Deadwood definitely deserved a better ending than that. Such a brilliant TV show, my favorite show since 2000, along with The Sopranos.

Anyway, if you liked Deadwood, I highly suggest that you watch the western which inspired that show:

I'm pretty sure it inspired Unforgiven as well. It might be my favorite western of all time. It also has a young Keith Carradine who played Wild Bill Hickock in Deadwood.

Last edited:
Popstar: Some funny moments and some stoneface moments. The songs were great, but as a full movie I don't think it works well. The formula was : funny song, 5 minutes of slapstick comedy (like eating dog poop), followed by funny song etc. I give it a 5/8

Finding Dory it was a decent sequel but kinda lackluster. Obvs not as good as nemo. There was a lot less adult humor, plus it was weird there were no bad guys in this movie. Nemo had the barracuda and the sharks and even the evil girl with braces. This movie had none. Just dory swimming around. Special effects were good but the scenes weren't as bright as nemo. That was my favorite part of the 1st one; the vibrant colors made it really magical, and dory was much more muted. Movie is kinda a must see for nostalgia purposes but don't expect to be blown away. 5.6/8

I'm still mad they didn't give deadwood a proper ending. The cast is really good and you see them in some of the best shows.
rome deserved a proper ending, mad at myself I didn't get on til it was way too late
mean.gif

and sex and the city got two freakin movies.. along with entourage, which was spiraling after what like the 3rd season 

Last edited:
i finally started OITNB. i'm about 5 episodes into the first season. it's really enjoyable so far. i wonder if i'll catch the whole series up or will it go to the grave of shows i liked but never finished like the americans, sons of anarchy, nurse jackie and probably a bunch of others.

and on a tangent, you know what show i really liked and followed was fringe. i actually watched all the eps and have them saved somewhere. i'm pretty sure it was network tv too.

Nurse jackie :smh:

i think i watched the first 5 episodes. they were good. don't know why i stopped.

same as the americans. show is super good. watched up all the way to where that spy couple was killed along with their kids. was that season 2? i have no idea why i stopped but i will eventually catch back up.

i think i watched the first 5 episodes. they were good. don't know why i stopped.

same as the americans. show is super good. watched up all the way to where that spy couple was killed along with their kids. was that season 2? i have no idea why i stopped but i will eventually catch back up.

Nurse Jackie is a good show. That season finale :smh:

should have seen it coming tho

rome deserved a proper ending, mad at myself I didn't get on til it was way too late :smh:

and sex and the city got two freakin movies.. along with entourage, which was spiraling after what like the 3rd season 

I'd say it was Season 5 when Entourage started to go downhill, after the Medellin plot line was done. Just got less interesting and less funny after that. I watched all 8 seasons, but did not enjoy the last few nearly as much as the first few. So much so that I had no interest in the movie. Still haven't watched it and it's been on HBO a bunch.

My girl downloaded it.. And started watching cause nothing else was on.. Wasn't great

Can't even remember when I gave up on the show.. But the last couple of years was bad

The Jim Gaffigan Show has been back for 2 weeks now and it is hilariously great :rofl:

Sundays 10pm on TVland.

Last edited:
I'd say it was Season 5 when Entourage started to go downhill, after the Medellin plot line was done. Just got less interesting and less funny after that. I watched all 8 seasons, but did not enjoy the last few nearly as much as the first few. So much so that I had no interest in the movie. Still haven't watched it and it's been on HBO a bunch.
I binged it and enjoyed every bit of the show.

The life lessons Drama spilled
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom