Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Disney's entire collection coming to Netflix in September
pimp.gif
According to this article that's not exactly the case.

http://www.snopes.com/netflix-disney-collection/

Randomly decided to rewatch Season 5 of Sopranos and its so good :pimp:

All due respect (heh) to Bryan Cranston, but James Gandolfini as Tony Soprano is still the best TV acting performance oat

some scenes from my rewatch

Damn that show was the goods. I don't think I watched the final season because I kept getting pissed at all the good characters getting murked. Didn't have the same feel after all the memorables were gone. Sunny :frown:

I guess I'm seeing 2 animated Disney this Summer. All in for Finding Dory and, now, think I have to check BFG too. When through a phase as a kid when I read all the Roald Dahl books and BFG was one of my faves. Speilberg directing the movie, with good early reviews, has me interested.

Finding Dory is definitely a must watch. I have a very strong feeling it's not going to be as good as the first though. Pixar kinda been slacking lately.

watching the wedding singer. it is one of the top 10 greatest comedy in the past 25 yrs. it really is a cinematic masterpiece. the music played throughout the movie is an 8.1/8. it really captures that era. if you dont agree, fight me. we cant be e-friends either.

watching the wedding singer. it is one of the top 10 greatest comedy in the past 25 yrs. it really is a cinematic masterpiece. the music played throughout the movie is an 8.1/8. it really captures that era. if you dont agree, fight me. we cant be e-friends either.

Movie came out in '98.. And starts '85

Been a good amount of comedies since '91

While it's up there for sandler movies.. I'd have to think about it before I throw it in the top 10

Tropic thunder.. Wedding crashers.. Old school.. 40 year old virgin.. There's something about Mary.. Austin powers movies.. Anchorman

Hell, I googled early 90s movies and you got Groundhog Day in there too

Last edited:

It's weird watching you use more than ten words for a post sometimes.

Ben stiller annoys me in most of his movies.. Ditto jack black

But tropic thunder is probably my favorite comedy of the last 20 years or so..

Then is anchorman, wedding crashers or old school

Ben Stiller

Jack Black

Will Ferrell

Sasha Baron Cohen or whatever

Seth Rogan (except for Knocked Up)

Annoying af.

Super troopers?

Dumb & dumber?

Billy Madison?

Step brothers?

Coming to America?

Just finished 10 clover field lane. Loved it. 7.6/8

15 mil budget. 70 plus mil box office. That's how you make movies.

1 gripe I had about it was this camera angle THE. ENTIRE. FILM.

Yeah I get it, it's set in a bunker, the super close up shot is supposed to make the audience feel claustrophobic yada yada yada

But for an entire movie, I thought it was a bit too much. Slight gripe on an otherwise fantastic film.

eek.gif
Watching Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead: just realized that greaseball creep that worked in the Office of GAW was David Duchovny
laugh.gif

That Animal Kingdom pilot was pretty good.

:lol: @ the scene of dude looking for his dad.

That whole operation filled with mental midgets. The set up with the sons and mother reminds me of Panic, especially with unsettling dude fresh out of prison.

His uncle who just got out is the creepiest mofo on there. Picking up his nephew's girl and placing her on the bed and admiring her like she was some kind of doll. I'd tell my girl to never go back to that house if that creeper is there. He stares at scott speedman's girl like he wants to hunt her.

Last edited:

Movie came out in '98.. And starts '85

Been a good amount of comedies since '91

While it's up there for sandler movies.. I'd have to think about it before I throw it in the top 10

Tropic thunder.. Wedding crashers.. Old school.. 40 year old virgin.. There's something about Mary.. Austin powers movies.. Anchorman

Hell, I googled early 90s movies and you got Groundhog Day in there too

id put it above austin powers and theres something about mary. even with that list there is room for the wedding singer :nerd:

It's weird watching you use more than ten words for a post sometimes.

:wow: Watching Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead: just realized that greaseball creep that worked in the Office of GAW was David Duchovny:lol:

Always enjoy having those moments when I re-watch old movies. Like, it was only this year when I watched Almost Famous that I realized the weird Led Zeppelin groupie kid is Jay Burachel. And its only in the last couple years that I recognized Vincent D'Onofrio as the "Thor" mechanic guy in Adventures in Babysitting and Angela Bassett as a flight attendant in Kindergarten Cop. Just something amusing about seeing the small parts actors had to take before they got bigger.

Also, since we were recently talking about "older" women who still have it going on - this is my Kate Beckinsale appreciation post. Been seeing a lot of her since online and on TV lately because she has a new movie coming out and she is still looking as good at 43 as she did in her 20s. :smoking

Back
Top Bottom