Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I think most of what Spike Lee makes is trash but I've always liked watching Son of Sam

Love that Movie
To me, Spike's directorial career is like that William Friedkin - they made so much trash, but ultimately they have three certified masterpieces under their belts.

Friedkin

The French Connection

The Exorcist

Sorcerer

Spike

Do The Right Thing

Malcolm X

25th Hour

I think if I actually looked it up Spike, # wise at least, has more decent to good to great movies than bad.

Its just he fell off. So his last 5 movies I think have sucked and that's really sticks with ppl that may have been on the fence with his decent work. It doesn't help he isn't making movies a bit more frequently like he use to and that seems to be cuz he does a lot more documebtary work (that MJ doc is great) and smaller projects for HBO and the like and indie stuff.

IMDb ‏@IMDb · 7h7 hours ago
Bill Hader hitman comedy ‘Barry’ picked up to series by #HBO http://imdb.to/24lS0Yy

30 minute comedy in which Hader plays a low-rent, Midwest hitman who goes to LA to do a job and stays to do community theater. In.

I think most of what Spike Lee makes is trash but I've always liked watching Son of Sam

Love that Movie

To me, Spike's directorial career is like that William Friedkin - they made so much trash, but ultimately they have three certified masterpieces under their belts.

Friedkin

The French Connection
The Exorcist
Sorcerer

Spike

Do The Right Thing
Malcolm X
25th Hour

He Got Game, Inside Man & Miracle at St. Anna were pretty good as well.

I think Spike realized that he'll never get the funding or critical acclaim that he deserves, so he's just putting out whatever project tickles his fancy, with his NYU Film students.

Last edited:
i'll watch the remakes but it doesn't matter because i dl 98% of the movies and tv that i watch nowadays - dl not pay to stream.

people at work always seem to get crushed when we have convos like this...
co-worker: oh man i saw this amazing movie this weekend. you gotta see it, it was sooooo good.
me: oh nah. what was it?
co-worker: the new point break.
me: ahhh i turned it off after a half hour. it was terrible.
co-worker: [emoji]128542[/emoji]

:lol:

Nobody in my circle (family included) will discuss or bring up films when I'm around. That's one topic I'm not appeasing in, straight dik head about it if the film sucked.

I'm not playing that **wee wee let's have a Movie group date thing.

Mother and Father- "hey we should get the kids and etc and go see..."
Me- "nah man that's a waste of time, I'd rather be dead"
Mother and Father- :\

Yeah I'm the movie snob of the family Thanks to you guys. No one wants to talk to me about X-men cause I sure they can feel the hate radiate off of me.

^ I don't discuss films with my family at all.

I watch mostly weird, off-kilter stuff that is way too "strange."

laugh.gif

Looked it up and Netflix is paying Disney $300 million a year for that content, but I'll bet it will be worth it for them.

Marvel and Star Wars is gonna be played HEAVY as background movies.

Disney and Netflix are like the best of friends right now. I wonder what they gonna do next.

Man I'm going to be watching all the old school disney stuff. Starting with the animated CLASSIC Robin Hood.

^ I don't discuss films with my family at all.

I watch mostly weird, off-kilter stuff that is way too "strange."

:lol:

This. If it doesn't have Julia Roberts or Matt Damon in it, I won't even bother talking to them about it haha

IMDb ‏@IMDb · 47m47 minutes ago

Elizabeth Banks exits as director of 'Pitch Perfect 3' http://imdb.to/24mYeHI

Still going to be in it and co-produce, but apparently is too busy to direct.

Total shot in the dark here, but after one of the Conference Finals games, tbs aired what appeared to be a premiere of their new show, Wrecked.

And I can't find it anywhere. It's not SUPPOSED to air until 6/14, but I swear, after one of the games, there was an episode.

Any idea how I could watch it? It's not on tbs' website, not on youtube, did all kinds of google searches; nothing.

i think it's just a 1 time early airing before the official premiere.  I think TBS did the same thing with Animal Kingdom as well

Back
Top Bottom