Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Super random but I was watching he 2005 fantastic 4...

And not that this movie was anything special to begin with, but it DID NOT age well at all. Special effects and general cinematography make this movie look like it was made in 1992.

Batman begins came out that same year and it still holds up just as well as when it came out. Crazy how fox screws up something like special effects even with 100 million dollar budgets
The only thing I learned from that mess is that Evans and Alba did not seem like brother/sister at all.

They probably smashed irl.

Last edited:
Johnny Depp Is Being Blackmailed by Amber Heard – Here’s How I Know (Guest Column)

BuzzFeed [emoji]10004[/emoji] ‎@BuzzFeed

New photos show Amber Heard with other injuries allegedly caused by Johnny Depp http://bzfd.it/1XhFquW 

4:11 PM - 1 Jun 2016

TMZ [emoji]10004[/emoji] ‎@TMZ

TMZ Live: Amber Heard: Cops Saw No Injuries http://dlvr.it/LSJfb7 

12:43 PM - 1 Jun 2016

Daily Mail Celebrity [emoji]10004[/emoji] ‎@DailyMailCeleb

Court confirms Amber Heard earns $10,000 a month but spends $44,000 on 'basic expenses' http://dailym.ai/1XOLGII 

8:33 AM - 1 Jun 2016
So Johnny was 20ft away from Amber while he beat her
laugh.gif

Now he threw his iPhone at her.

I initially thought this story could be true (and if so, Depp was a major a-hole). But the more details that come to light, the more her story starts to break down.

Let's not forget that a) his exes are coming out of the woodwork to defend him and b) their mutual friends saying that she admitted that she was gonna falsely accuse him to get that $$$.

I think most of what Spike Lee makes is trash but I've always liked watching Son of Sam

Love that Movie

Since 2012........

Dark Shadows 2012 Budget: 100 Million, Box office gross 80 million
[COLOR=#red]-$20,000,000[/COLOR]

The Lone Ranger 2013 Budget: 215 million, Box office gross 90 million
[COLOR=#red]-$125,000,000[/COLOR]

Transcendence 2014 Budget: 100 million, Box office gross 23 million
[COLOR=#red]-$77,000,000[/COLOR]

Mortdecai 2015 Budget: 60 million, Box office gross 7.5 million
[COLOR=#red]-$52,500,000[/COLOR]

Black Mass 2015 Broke even

Alice Through the Looking Glass 2016 Budget: 170 million, Box office opening weekend 28 million
[COLOR=#red]On pace to lose about $70,000,000
[/COLOR]

Total money lost at the box office from just these 6 movies in the last 4 years................$344,500,000

The only thing that can save his career at this point would be a lead role in a marvel movie to be honest. Dude is getting paid regardless, but I think it's time to fire your agent at this point.

Strange would have been a good look for him..

But im happy cumberbatch is in tbe mcu

How did the 4th pirates do?

Last edited:
4th pirates almost broke even in 2011. Budget 250 mill, made 241. That's when everything started to go south

4th pirates almost broke even in 2011. Budget 250 mill, made 241. That's when everything started to go south

Still was good enough to get a 5th one green-lighted apparently. I guess the money that the Pirates movies help generate through merchandising and tie-ins with the theme parks still make them a reasonable investment for Disney, even if the box office grosses aren't spectacular.

I think those are added in later. So the movie might cost $250 mil then maybe another $100 mil for advertising.

Since 2012........

Dark Shadows 2012 Budget: 100 Million, Box office gross 80 million
[COLOR=#red]-$20,000,000[/COLOR]

The Lone Ranger 2013 Budget: 215 million, Box office gross 90 million
[COLOR=#red]-$125,000,000[/COLOR]

Transcendence 2014 Budget: 100 million, Box office gross 23 million
[COLOR=#red]-$77,000,000[/COLOR]

Mortdecai 2015 Budget: 60 million, Box office gross 7.5 million
[COLOR=#red]-$52,500,000[/COLOR]

Black Mass 2015 Broke even

Alice Through the Looking Glass 2016 Budget: 170 million, Box office opening weekend 28 million
[COLOR=#red]On pace to lose about $70,000,000
[/COLOR]

Total money lost at the box office from just these 6 movies in the last 4 years................$344,500,000

The only thing that can save his career at this point would be a lead role in a marvel movie to be honest. Dude is getting paid regardless, but I think it's time to fire your agent at this point.

You also have to consider that the studios are taking in around 50% of domestic BO gross. So they lost even more money than that :lol:

Still was good enough to get a 5th one green-lighted apparently. I guess the money that the Pirates movies help generate through merchandising and tie-ins with the theme parks still make them a reasonable investment for Disney, even if the box office grosses aren't spectacular.

my guy forgot to mention that Pirates is huge internationally. It broke a billi worldwide

I think the ghostbusters movie will be pretty good, but I'm not watching it on principle. Did it watch point break remake. Sure as hell won't be watching the new Independence Day without will smith. I gotta draw the line somewhere.

If we all band together and boycott these awful remakes and sequels, the world will be a better place.

Thinking back at it.... Having a few seasons on DVD because of my dad, seen a few myself The Twlight Zone had great writing and storytelling on their hands with original ideas and got a lot of stars on their first acting gigs. I could/should easily see Hollywood grabbing some of those plot lines and just make a nice feature of it.

i'll watch the remakes but it doesn't matter because i dl 98% of the movies and tv that i watch nowadays - dl not pay to stream.

people at work always seem to get crushed when we have convos like this...
co-worker: oh man i saw this amazing movie this weekend. you gotta see it, it was sooooo good.
me: oh nah. what was it?
co-worker: the new point break.
me: ahhh i turned it off after a half hour. it was terrible.
co-worker: [emoji]128542[/emoji]

i'll watch the remakes but it doesn't matter because i dl 98% of the movies and tv that i watch nowadays - dl not pay to stream.

people at work always seem to get crushed when we have convos like this...
co-worker: oh man i saw this amazing movie this weekend. you gotta see it, it was sooooo good.
me: oh nah. what was it?
co-worker: the new point break.
me: ahhh i turned it off after a half hour. it was terrible.
co-worker: [emoji]128542[/emoji]

:lol:

Nobody in my circle (family included) will discuss or bring up films when I'm around. That's one topic I'm not appeasing in, straight dik head about it if the film sucked.

I'm not playing that **wee wee let's have a Movie group date thing.

Mother and Father- "hey we should get the kids and etc and go see..."
Me- "nah man that's a waste of time, I'd rather be dead"
Mother and Father- :\

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom