Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Just started up the Godfather in chronological order at 8pm i've made a grave error, it's gonna take a week to finish

Never seen any of them. I don't know why, just haven't done it

thrillhouse has seen them :smh:

Now Pulp Fiction... I do definitely...

Know that movie.

Never watched it though. Or maybe I've seen bits and pieces of it but can't remember.
u not alone man. ive never seen pulp fiction or the godfather either. 

Should be a certain criteria before folks can enter this thread..

Seeing the godfather trilogy and pulp fiction should definitely be a prerequisite

aye ive yet to see the third one. good looks on the reminder. 

Sidenote Ive been waiting for that Slience trailer by scorsese. I've been fiending to watch this movie for a minute

I can honestly understand not loving the Godfather. It's not the kind of film that's going to appeal to everyone. But if you're someone who is interested in appreciating the craft of film making, you need to watch it at least once.

I can honestly understand not loving the Godfather. It's not the kind of film that's going to appeal to everyone. But if you're someone who is interested in appreciating the craft of film making, you need to watch it at least once.

Exactly..

Not every movie is going to be for everyone.. However that doesn't mean you can't appreciate the art in the thing

If you enjoy films and/or consider yourself a movie buff, you gotta check out a movie that is considered to be 1 of the greatest ever made (and even with the crap 3rd film, one of the greatest trilogies ever)

Then it's one of the few instances where the sequel is greater or just as good as the 1st film

Then you factor in who made the film.. We're not taking about someone who had 1 great film and never struck gold again.. Francis ford Coppola is a legend

Last edited:
The Godfather Trilogy. Pulp Fiction. The Shawshank Redemption. 2001: A Space Odyssey. There's tons more but this is a good 4 to start with...

not every movie is going to appeal to everyone but i cannot respect anyone that doesn't like pulp fiction. straight persona non grata.

The good dinosaur, was meh.. Just felt like there wasn't much there, 4/8

Zootopia, was aiiright.. Better than the good dinosaur.. Not as good as other animated movies that have come along.. But had some feel good stuff, 5.75/8

10 cloverfield lane, also aiiright.. Didn't feel like they went that in depth.. But was suspenseful.. But did feel like the film wasn't really working with much.. Worth checking out, 5.75/8

Debating starting in the heart of the sea

Last edited:
That Outcast first ep wasn't all that good imo or interesting. Just seemed like the poor man's take on the Exorcist minus the priest and projectile vomit with a sprinkle of X-Files weird **** going on in a weird town stuff.

I ain't read the comic so I know nothing about it which I tend to enjoy for the good shows but this not so much. Clearly a lot of mystery to it but if the next 2 wks don't reliever I'll put it to the side until I hear great reviews.

First ep is available on Cinemax and HBO on demand for now as you know one of those early specials before the season starts. Probably HBO Go too.

Last edited:
In the heart of the sea wasn't that great.. Thought it could have been better

Worth a watch I guess.. Wouldn't say you have to go out of your way to watch.. But if it's on and you happen to catch it

something about watching a non-disney animated film always seems more rewarding for some reason

It's hard to have a long philosophical scene in a mainstream movie today. People just tune out.

Jeff Goldblum as the voice of reason. :smokin
He's my canary in the goldmine. Dude is 63 and still looks good.

Back
Top Bottom