Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I too have a good feeling about Man From U.N.C.L.E. despite some of the review titles I've seen.

Already had The Gift in mind but I may also peep Call Me Lucky and The Mend.

Anyone seen the commercial for the movie where Owen Wilson throws a child off the roof of a building? :nerd: :lol:

Last edited:
Yea.. Only guy film I haven't enjoyed was the one Madonna forced him to make

Last edited:
Originally Posted by JPZx  
Bruh
roll.gif

Robot: Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhh!

Elliot's Girl though. Nah man, it's on!

Last edited:
Maybe spoiler that since some don't want to know about a character's death before they watch the show

the 1st hateful 8 trailer just got released....... It doesn't look all that good, but it is Tarantino, so I'm pretty excited. I'm mainly stoked because of the cast. Tarantino did Kurt DaGawd Russel dirty in that trash Death Proof he put out. It'll be nice to see him in a full length "normal" film.

Trash Death Proof?

CP 8 page rant in 3... 2... 1...

Death Proof had about 15 minutes of greatness. The car chase scene at the end, with NO dialogue. The actors couldn't act their way outta a wet paper bag with scissors in their hands. QT even states multiple times it was the worst movie he's ever made by far. I'd love to hear someone defend that garbage piece of cinema :rofl: :rofl:

edit** the opening scene with that Jack Nitzsche song playing was VERY good, but **** went downhill fast

Last edited:
I'm still excited because I love Tarantino, but I'm starting to sour on the idea of another western. I know he can do it well... I've already seen it in Django.

I would have liked to see something different, but I'm still looking forward to it. This trailer didn't get me hyped like Django did.

Trash Death Proof?

CP 8 page rant in 3... 2... 1...

Death Proof had about 15 minutes of greatness. The car chase scene at the end, with NO dialogue. The actors couldn't act their way outta a wet paper bag with scissors in their hands. QT even states multiple times it was the worst movie he's ever made by far. I'd love to hear someone defend that garbage piece of cinema :rofl: :rofl:

edit** the opening scene with that Jack Nitzsche song playing was VERY good, but **** went downhill fast

K

How about the director introducing you to 4 characters, 4 leads, building a story around those 4 for half his film, then killing them all in a split second, and then introducing 4 new leads (all 8 female by the way) and the movie continues on, seamlessly.

Or the fact it was the first, and only Tarantino film to ever be in chronological order. No flashbacks, or time jumps, ala Pulp, Inglorious, Dogs, etc.

Or the scene in the diner, where the camera does one take, round and round the table while the girls talk, nonstop, with Stuntman Mike in the background the whole time.

Or the opening scene that has Kurt Russell's shirt from Big Trouble in Little China hanging on the wall.

Or the fact QT made a slasher film, that used no knives or swords, or hacksaws or whatever, but instead used a car. And ultimately, the woman save their own selves, and defeat the slasher without the help of any men.

Or Zoe Bell, who actually told some of her real life stories in the dialogue, some of it from actual movies she'd filmed with QT.

Do I even need to mention the scene of her on top of the car playing Ship's Mast?

Or the actual car chase itself?

And as you stated, it's his "weakest" film, and still has ratings in the 7/10 range, probably from people who don't even realize everything he did with that movie that they overlooked.

As a whole, yes, it clearly is his weakest installment. Zero doubt. QT says so himself. Yet, it's still better than most directors top 3 pictures, and that's the point.

Nobody, NOBODY, can start a movie, kill their entire cast halfway thru, and just keep on goin without so much as a blip in the flow. Cept QT, with this film.

I mean, when you have Pulp, Inglorious, Jackie, Kill Bill, Dogz and Django, I mean, Death Proof being last on this list, is not a knock AT ALL. :lol:

Straight Outta Compton 9.5/10

Went to a premiere yesterday and was :wow:

Woulda been 10/10 but the snoop actor was weeeeeeaaak
They coulda atleast got nippsey .
The suge knight actor wasnt bad
but I think they coulda got someone more intimidating .
Overall incredible movie .

Last edited:
You like it? Thanks man.

I dunno, I just loved what that film did, even if it was his "worst" effort. I mean, take that film away, and his worst movie is, what, Jackie Brown? I mean, **** :lol: :lol: directors would LOVE to have their worst film be Jackie or Death Proof.

I thought he made one helluva unique film, as usual, in ways that many people didn't even grasp. They expect a certain style from him, he didn't use that style, and people crushed the movie because of it.

I say "crushed" loosely, because it's rating are still better than 75% of the movies that are out there. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom