Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

In their new overseas home, an American family soon finds themselves caught in the middle of a coup, and they frantically look for a safe escape in an environment where foreigners are being immediately executed.

This interests me solely because it is so far removed from the typical Owen Wilson vehicle.

Last edited:
Trailer is a week or so old (so sorry if it's late) but I'm in for this. Want to see if it lives up to the creepy hype, but based off the trailer it looks like it'll end up on The Strangers level.

And the Hateful Eight trailer, to be honest.. didn't do much for me. 70mm will be beautiful to watch, but I'm not begging for more or Christmas Day to come sooner *shrugs*

Last edited:
Complications finale tonight :smokin
I didn't like Death Proof much at all either.

Didn't even know QT said it's his weakest flick. Makes sense. He should omit that from his movie limit and make another one after H8teful 8.
i weep when i hear this, Death Proof is one of my favorite QT movies, Jackie Brown too.
The one that most people love that I don't is RD
Just doesn't have that replay value to me. I also didn't care for most of the cast. Even though it came out recently it feels like a dated 70s movie.

I'm in love with that QT dialogue and that movie didn't have much of it. I wouldn't have Jackie Brown ranked near it.

:wow: @ not loving RD though. I don't think I've ever heard that. Well having it last on a list of QT movies is what really stands out.

On a slightly related/unrelated note, I'm not the only one that thinks Tim Roth's character in the Hateful 8 greatly resembles Christoph Waltz's Dr. King Schultz right? I almost got hyped and thought it was Schultz.

Last edited:
Just finished watching The Hunt..damn that movie makes me rage man. The way the adults acted towards the dude without letting him explain is crazy smh. It was tough to watch

So dumb the adults are saying "we trust her" a ******* 4 year old :lol: insane man

One thing I liked a lot tho is that in most cases, the child of the person being accused turns against the parent due to being embarrassed or whatever. But his son stayed right by his side through the whole ****. Real dope

Last edited:

On a slightly related/unrelated note, I'm not the only one that thinks Tim Roth's character in the Hateful 8 greatly resembles Christoph Waltz's Dr. King Schultz right? I almost got hyped and thought it was Schultz.

:nerd: Wow, I completely forgot about that guy. Can't remember the last time I saw him in anything, which is a shame because he's a very good actor. But he's a QT guy, so its not surprising that he'd pop up in this movie.

:nerd: Wow, I completely forgot about that guy. Can't remember the last time I saw him in anything, which is a shame because he's a very good actor. But he's a QT guy, so its not surprising that he'd pop up in this movie.
Yeah me too. I was happy to see him in this even though he's a regular for QT casts.

He's been in movies and tv shows the past few years but none of them big hits and rarely as the main guy. Been a while since he's been in the spotlight or near it like in Incredible Hulk.

Yeah me too. I was happy to see him in this even though he's a regular for QT casts.

He's been in movies and tv shows the past few years but none of them big hits and rarely as the main guy. Been a while since he's been in the spotlight or near it like in Incredible Hulk.

Yeah, its interesting. He was in RD and Pulp and then no QT movies again until Hateful 8.

What are some of you guys tear up scenes/eyes water/goosebumps/fight-or-flight scenes?

That scene that you know every time you see it, no matter how many times you see it, it still hits you in the feels, happy feels, sad feels, whatever.

I love/hate those.

Last edited:
What are some of you guys tear up scenes?

That scene that you know every time you see it, no matter how many times you see it, it still hits you in the feels, happy feels, sad feels, whatever.

I love/hate those.
Two scenes from Pursuit of Happyness:

1. The first was when Will and his son were sleeping in the bathroom of a Subway station (?) and someone starting banging on the door to get in and Will held him by putting his foot against the door. Then he started breaking down. 
frown.gif

2.  When his bosses announced that he got the job and he was overwhelmed with emotion. 
frown.gif

pimp.gif
 When he went out on the sidewalk and started clapping over and over, I did it with him. 
laugh.gif

What are some of you guys tear up scenes/eyes water/goosebumps/fight-or-flight scenes?

I love/hate those.

John Wick..when they break in and kill his dog. Man..

But nothing tops Fruitvale station. Still the only film I've ever shed tears while watching. When he says "I have a daughter man"..goosebumps man.

Last edited:

I love/hate those.

The closest I've ever come to crying in a movie is the scene in Little Women where Claire Danes' character is dying. She's just such a good sport about it that it choked me up.

I love/hate those.

that sad feeling when something special comes to an end and there's nothing you can do about it 

Father & son scenes always get to me...

When the main character of About Time has his final farewell w/ his old man 
tired.gif

John Wick..when they break in and kill his dog. Man..

But nothing tops Fruitvale station. Still the only film I've ever shed tears while watching. When he says "I have a daughter man"..goosebumps man.
:smh: Fruivale Station. The final shower scene with his girl and daughter is what almost got me. That hit me hard, I knew what I was getting into watching the movie but damn...had me feeling some type of way for the remainder of that day.

I feel like movies that are based on true stories have an advantage when it comes to the feels. If a purely fictional story can get to you, it's kind of more impressive.

I love/hate those.

For me it's this scene:

j91qxj.jpg

Saw Mad Max: Fury Road finally tonight... incredible as I expected. I know I did myself a disservice by not seeing it in theaters, but easily one of the best movies of the year and one of the best action movies in the last... X amount of years 
laugh.gif
 Enough ink has been spilled about how great of an action movie it was, so yeah... blew me away.

Saw Mad Max: Fury Road finally tonight... incredible as I expected. I know I did myself a disservice by not seeing it in theaters, but easily one of the best movies of the year and one of the best action movies in the last... X amount of years :lol:  Enough ink has been spilled about how great of an action movie it was, so yeah... blew me away.

You really missed out on the 3D opportunity man. Sucks, but you can never get that experience ever again. It was a real game changer

Back
Top Bottom