Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

You like it? Thanks man.

I dunno, I just loved what that film did, even if it was his "worst" effort. I mean, take that film away, and his worst movie is, what, Jackie Brown? I mean, **** :lol: :lol: directors would LOVE to have their worst film be Jackie or Death Proof.

I thought he made one helluva unique film, as usual, in ways that many people didn't even grasp. They expect a certain style from him, he didn't use that style, and people crushed the movie because of it.

I say "crushed" loosely, because it's rating are still better than 75% of the movies that are out there. :lol:

To me, it suffered from what the slew of Comic book movies are currently doing. It tried too hard to be chalk full of trademarks that it forgot to put together a decent story with good acting. Comic book movies make sure they please the fans with the origin stories, the cameos, the end credit reveals, easter eggs etc. etc. Just because you have all of that, doesn't mean Fantastic 4 is gonna be a fantastic movie.

With Death proof yeah you have all the Tarantino-isms of the feet shots, the big word dialogue, the 360 camera dialogue shot, the reoccurring props and obscure art.....all the trademarks are there but it still doesn't make it a well put together movie man. It seemed like a parody of a Tarantino movie. Entertaining? yes. But so was the movie Zombie strippers.

Another thing ,
Jason mitchell should get a nomination
For playing eazy-e .

Bruh was making people laugh,scared, cry and did it all with charismatic presence .

He legit carried the movie .

Seeing The Gift tonight... I more am planning to give this movie props simply for getting a 92% when it seemingly should be incredibly hard not to let the movie just fade off into a caricature of Jason Batemen's persona.

I admit I don't know much about Joel Edgerton, other than the roles I've seen him in.. but I was impressed to see he wrote and directed that movie as well as acted in it. I like him so it's cool to see him write and direct too.

Another thing ,
Jason mitchell should get a nomination
For playing eazy-e .

Bruh was making people laugh,scared, cry and did it all with charismatic presence .

He legit carried the movie .

That's appropriate since Eazy-E really was the star of the group back in that era. Not saying he was the best rapper or most talented, but he just had a star quality about him. Cool that captured that in the movie.

just moved into my new place but don't have internet until Sunday. 
frown.gif

going to download a whole bunch of movies to keep me busy at night.

I didn't like Death Proof much at all either.

Didn't even know QT said it's his weakest flick. Makes sense. He should omit that from his movie limit and make another one after H8teful 8.

Started house of cards tonight.. No clue why it has taken me so long.. Really good so far

Also, recommend bojack horseman for anyone thinking of checking it out.. Not over the top.. But a slow burn

Didn't even know QT said it's his weakest flick. Makes sense. He should omit that from his movie limit and make another one after H8teful 8.
i weep when i hear this, Death Proof is one of my favorite QT movies, Jackie Brown too. 

The one that most people love that I don't is RD

i weep when i hear this, Death Proof is one of my favorite QT movies, Jackie Brown too. 
The one that most people love that I don't is RD

very interesting. I've never met a single person that didn't love Reservoir Dogs

Back
Top Bottom