Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

"I believe the Dinosaurs should know when the Mammoths are hunting"

-Hecate

Boy she is getting bold man. Exciting! (fine as hell too) Good googly moogly!

Last edited:
can anybody recommend 5 great movies i should watch asap.ive seen a lot of **** tho,but always looking for more.imma try to catch salma before i disappear and ex machina,anything else ?

Finally caught Kingsman. Wicked fun. I don't generally go for the hyper violence, but this movie did it such a tongue-in-cheek way I didn't mind. The church scene :nerd: :x :D Looking forward to a sequel.

Penny Dreadful delivers as usual.

I see that they aren't skipping next weekend because of July 4th weekend, like Power is.

The new season of Masters of Sex looks intriguing. I may have to pick it back up and binge the Second season. I quit on the second ep.

And my main man Ray Donovan is almost back.

I remember last Summer of tele being terrible.

Can't say I've felt the same this Summer.

Anyway, on to Halt and Catch Fire and I suppose Ballers, and then finish up the evening with True Detective.

Last edited:
The Following by Nolan :pimp: Might not be for some people though I should say

Dope was very good. Lead involves you in the emotion of the moment, have no idea who she's is but the girl in his group has actual, legitimate pipes - she could go down that route if she wanted, and ASAP wasn't bad at all, I was happily surprised. Plot felt a little all over the place and rushed, but I enjoyed it a lot.

Last edited:
Lawd Hecate.
devil.gif

Would have me considering converting to the dark side for real.
laugh.gif

Blind girl with the heel turn.
mean.gif
Was legit hurt by that.

Sembene my *****, hate it had to be him.
tired.gif

Lily still in no damns given mode. Last two episodes she's been scarier than all them witches combined.

Season finale should be lit.

of course Theon Greyjoy plays a little female dog asterisk henchman in John Wick 
roll.gif

wow, his russian-american accent is actually pretty good 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
hold up is Theon's dad's butler/man servant/assistant the guy from the All State Mayhem commercials? 
roll.gif

OMG this father-son scene is awesome, I love this movie so much already

Jimmy the cop, a real one I can dig it 
nthat.gif

Dinner reservatioin for 12 
nthat.gif

William Defoe, you asterisking sellout man

OMG Tyra and Daniels from The Wire are in this too?!!?!? This is greatness

whatever the hell type of club this is, I want to go to one someday!

how is his back not broken

drinking has never helped with physical pain tbh, the last time I really drank hard after something serious was in hs after I fractured my ankle.... the morning after it hurt like a mother asterisker and as I was getting out of bed I actually forgot about my ankle.... my first step in the morning after ended with me rolling around on the ground

Tyra whyyyyyyyyyyyy

Chief from The Wire!

This. Vault. Is on FIYAAAAAAA

oh crap, how is John Wick gonna get outta this plastic bag doe

William Defoe out here!

cool it cool it cool it 
laugh.gif

and out of nowhere this movie turns into a Jim Beam commercial

I can't believe I spent 3 hours watching people spaceship around looking for a planet to farm vegetables on.

Very disappointed in Interstellar, and I went in with low expectations because the trailer looked boring as hell.

Yes, I get there's a meaning behind it. Yes I get it's about quantum physics and relationships and people.

No, it was not entertaining.
Sorry.
I finished, which I really didn't want to do when I hit the halfway point. So I tried.

But it was sooooo boring.

Matt Damon trying to kill dude in outer space was probably the most entertaining 10 mins of the movie :lol:

4.5/8, and that 4.5 is all because of the amazing visuals. 0/8 for entertainment.

Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close is on HBO right now... I think it's an under appreciated movie. That kid played his role very well & I loved Max von Sydow. I'll say this over & over again, Jeffrey Wright isn't in enough movies. Dude is one of the most gifted actors I've seen.

Nearing the halfway point of 2015. Six months gone, six months ahead, and after checking apparently I've seen 12 movies so far this year, which I think is behind what a typical pace would be for me at this point of the year.

The Wedding Ringer
Ex Machina
Mortdecai
Kingsman: The Secret Service
Project Almanac
Furious 7
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Mad Max: Fury Road
Pitch Perfect 2
Love & Mercy
Jurassic World
Dope

Here are some through the month of September that I'll probably go check out if they're well-reviewed:

Targaryan Genisys
Ant-Man (all signs seem to point toward the studio being nervous about this one, which is strange considering the streak)
Selfless (Reynolds and Kingsley have both had their bombs but I'm intrigued by what they might do together, the director is an enigma so I don't know what to expect)
Trainwreck
Southpaw
Vacation
M:I - Rogue Nation
Dark Places (Christina Hendricks, Chloe Grace Moretz, and Theron/N.Hoult from Mad Max... we'll see)
Fantastic Four
The Man from U.N.C.L.E.
Straight Outta Compton
Masterminds (although I fear it'll be terrible)
American Ultra (Eisenberg and Stewart together again)
Regression (Ethan Hawke, Emma Watson ... had no idea this is set in Minnesota)
No Escape (Just because I'm always optimistic about Owen Wilson)
Jane Got a Gun (Natalie Portman, Ewen McGregor)
The Visit (M. Night will stir up the masses no matter what)
Everest
Pawn Sacrifice
Sicario

Last edited:
Watched Jurassic World off a friend's download and bluetoothed to his 50" plasma.

Quality was...

T.

E.

R.

R

I.

B.

L.

E.

:x

Never, ever again.

I felt sorry for him throughout the movie, thinking he was doing it. Would absolutely rather pay than watch like that.

As far as the movie, though: not bad. Not terrible. Totally seems like they left it wide open for another installment. Nowhere near as bad JP3. Better than JP2, too.

JP > JW > JP2 > JP3

Thought the story on this one was FAAAAR more compelling than the last 2, like they tried to just reintroduce the entire concept by inserting hybrid dinos into the story. For the most part, it worked.

That main chick, I've seen her in interviews and I was looking forward to her performance.

Nah, man. She ain't it.

Last edited:
Lawd Hecate. :evil:

Would have me considering converting to the dark side for real. :lol:

Blind girl with the heel turn. :smh: Was legit hurt by that.

Sembene my *****, hate it had to be him. |I

Lily still in no damns given mode. Last two episodes she's been scarier than all them witches combined.

Season finale should be lit.

Yeah, Hecate is a bad one. She even looks kinda good when she's in her true witch form. Got chandler sprung when she visited him in her room.

I was def surprised by the blind girl's deception.

Was cool to finally learn what those marks on Sembene's face meant.

Lily has lost her damn mind. Didn't expect her to become such an evil thing.

The storylines this season have been so damn good. I keep wanting all of them to instersect at some point. The witches, Lily, Frankenstein's emo bish boy monster, and chandler all end up in some kind of battle.

The Vanessa Ives doll looking like Melisandre from Game Of Thrones.

Watched suits and how is Harvey acting like this and Mike checking people now.... Im not liking this season so far

Back
Top Bottom