OG Nike Air Jordan III Retro True Blue BLACK FRIDAY '16

^^^ I'd honestly purchase any of those releases, take my money. First pair was FR IV in 1989, wasn't obsessed with details back then, still not. Maybe its just age, but as I've grown older and hopefully matured, little things like this don't bug me. Keeping my wife happy, mortgage, and 401k are the big ones on my mind.

Bought four pairs of WC IV this month, happy with all of them.

^^^ I'd honestly purchase any of those releases, take my money. First pair was FR IV in 1989, wasn't obsessed with details back then, still not. Maybe its just age, but as I've grown older and hopefully matured, little things like this don't bug me. Keeping my wife happy, mortgage, and 401k are the big ones on my mind.

Bought four pairs of WC IV this month, happy with all of them.

Agreed. I for one just state my piece, but at the end of the day these are made to hit the floor and get tossed. I like to take an artistic stance, because I think Tinker put in his best work in the early Air Max/Jordan line. But lets get real. Its not that all serious with the real problems.

Me alongside with a few other are always the minority to argue shape. Shout out to the fellas who are quick with the John Madden pen diagrams :lol:

However on the Jordan 3, aside from the absence of the 3/4th heel on the OG and '94, the bolder darkened elephant print, elongated tab, and the print being higher on the heel and toe cap. The issue is the shoe slowly losing it's depth on the forefoot giving it a deflated shape. It's not the toe as you say. If there was more depth, the misconception of the toe looking bulky would be there. All these have just about the same toe.

'88
View media item 1932333'94
View media item 1932328'01
View media item 1932329'08
View media item 1932350'11
View media item 1932338
The CDP had horrible quality, but a way better shape than the '11. I wouldn't place all the blame on NTs favorite scapegoat Gentry. He's been gone, and mold problems are still an issue. I still don't see too big of an issue with the 3 as I do other models.

Thanks for laying out all those pics like that. Great post. Makes it easier for everyone to see the evolution (for better or worse) over time. When I see the OG silhouette I can't help but see the classic high top style design from the side profile. It's flat, then gains, a little elevation and continues at a 45 deg.+ angle all the way to the tongue similar to the OG AJ1 and OG AF1 high tops. You can see them losing those sharp angles in favor of a curvier shape. The "banana" shape doesn't bother me, but I can clearly understand why there are many heads complaining about these changes.

Me alongside with a few other are always the minority to argue shape. Shout out to the fellas who are quick with the John Madden pen diagrams
laugh.gif

However on the Jordan 3, aside from the absence of the 3/4th heel on the OG and '94, the bolder darkened elephant print, elongated tab, and the print being higher on the heel and toe cap. The issue is the shoe slowly losing it's depth on the forefoot giving it a deflated shape. It's not the toe as you say. If there was more depth, the misconception of the toe looking bulky would be there. All these have just about the same toe.

'88

'94

'01

'08

'11

The CDP had horrible quality, but a way better shape than the '11. I wouldn't place all the blame on NTs favorite scapegoat Gentry. He's been gone, and mold problems are still an issue. I still don't see too big of an issue with the 3 as I do other models.
I don't know, the '11 pair has the best EPrint of all the retros it seems. The only flaw I can see is that they cut the heel print slope short on the side where it meets the midsole. It just shoots down at the tip where the OG keeps the angle until it hits midsole. The toe print doesn't look bad at all, nor does the shape, they just need to fix the curve. I guess the main problem with retros could be the sole itself....  And the ankle collar.

Me alongside with a few other are always the minority to argue shape. Shout out to the fellas who are quick with the John Madden pen diagrams :lol:

'88
View media item 1932338
The height of the upper is the main reason why I sold only the BC3 from 2011. Like you said other models have the same issue but the AJ4 is really irritating to me. If they made the tounge shorter to compensate the lower height of the shoe I'd be fine, but it's like they made the tounge longer than it was before. The 99's were perfect, 04'-06' was ok but from 08'-present they OD'd on the height of the tounge. Minus the 11LAB4; it's like they got the entire mold right on those which is part of the reason I like them so much.

Honestly I don't think these guys are putting these shoes out in an "inferior" way on purpose except for the materials. If we can see the differences then they can too. I am not a designer and have no experience with manufacturing but it's quite possible that they have to draw up the shoe each time a series of them are re-released. If they get one area of the shoe wrong, then that affects the rest of the proportions. If we have lets say 10 good artists here on NT take the OG pair and draw a copy of it on paper, I'm sure we would end up with 10 "different" shoes. I don't think it's as easy as many think. The people working there love these shoes just as much or more than we do. Maybe one day when 3D printing becomes more affordable, they can just scan the entire thing and print an exact copies of the originals.

Last edited:
So i guessing the black cement 4s are not going to be release this year eh...?? :/

I would highly doubt it. They're not going to put out all their AAA shoes in a single year. I think they've already being very aggressive with the lineup as it is. BC 4s will come but probably next year or in 2018. It depends whether they release a BC 3 first. I don't think they would give us BC 3s and 4s in the same year.

^Agreed. Fully expect to see the White and Black Cement 3's in the same year though.

And imagine if Nike put "Nike Air" on both and released them in a pack! :smh: **** would get out of hand.

Last edited:
^Agreed. Fully expect to see the White and Black Cement 3's in the same year though.

And imagine if Nike put "Nike Air" on both and released them in a pack! :smh: **** would get out of hand.

Oh yeah. It would be like a concord/space jam pack. I don't know what would cause more trouble tbh!

Please.!! lets stop the pack talk..... No packs JB please.... I can afford it but I will not purchase your shoe within a pack.... Single releases like the beginning JB.... Don't F it up...

Last edited:

'88
View media item 1932338
you realize the 88 pair posted and the the 94 are the same pair right?

Last edited:
The height of the upper is the main reason why I sold only the BC3 from 2011. Like you said other models have the same issue but the AJ4 is really irritating to me. If they made the tounge shorter to compensate the lower height of the shoe I'd be fine, but it's like they made the tounge longer than it was before. The 99's were perfect, 04'-06' was ok but from 08'-present they OD'd on the height of the tounge. Minus the 11LAB4; it's like they got the entire mold right on those which is part of the reason I like them so much.
In retrospect, besides the flimsy netting, the 4's from 99 dunked on all the releases. WC4 had a much better shade and didn't look like an ice cream sprinkle, and much better fake leather than the thin crap on the OGs and later releases (2016 less so).

Back
Top Bottom