[::OFFSEASON OVER. Lock Please.::]

Which New Laker Acquisition Will Shine The Most This Upcoming Season?

• Jordan Farmar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick Young

• Chris Kaman

• Elias Harris

• Wesley Johnson

• Ryan Kelly

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Deng for Pau would be a steal for the Lakers. Chicago would not be dumb enough for that even though they need an inside post player.

Deng actually shows up the whole year on both ends.

Deng for Pau would be a steal for the Lakers. Chicago would not be dumb enough for that even though they need an inside post player.

Deng actually shows up the whole year on both ends.

All depends on how they feel about Jimmy Butler. He seems to have a similar skillset for 1/13 of the price.

But getting Pau allows them to amnesty Boozer (since no one wants his contract). That + getting rid of Hamilton puts them AT THE CAP.

And opens them to go after JJ Redick or Kyle Korver.

Will the Bulls ? Unlikely because we won't offer because Dwight is likely leaving. Last week were all stories in Lakers favor that he was staying, this week is the opposite.

Last edited:
I just hope this Dwightmare goes by quickly just make a decision within the 1st week, but being the attention ***** he is I'm sure he'll try to soak up all this that he can.

And for the record I'd do Pau for Deng in a heartbeat if D12 resigns. Get the two-way player we've desperately lacked in the past 3 seasons and his contract expires after next season as well so any future plans aren't compromised.

Last edited:
In what delusional land Do ya'll live in to think that The Bulls are going to take an aging Pau to go with a frontcourt that already has Boozer, Noah, And Taj for their Second best player & their best perimeter defender ?

In what delusional land Do ya'll live in to think that The Bulls are going to take an aging Pau to go with a frontcourt that already has Boozer, Noah, And Taj for their Second best player & their best perimeter defender ?

Not really delusional.

Bulls are putting him on the block every year.

Jimmy Butler is 13 mil less, and showed up big in his absence giving everything Deng was doing.

And factor in that you have a stingy owner, and a deal that saves him money without losing contention aspirations.

This is a situation where Pau has a lot of value to the team that gets him.

Last edited:
[quote name="tyisny"]In what delusional land Do ya'll live in to think that The Bulls are going to take an aging Pau to go with a frontcourt that already has Boozer, Noah, And Taj for their Second best player & their best perimeter defender ?[/quote] in the delusional world where we have a history of doing Pau for Kwame type deals. No, not every of season or every trade deadline; not even every year. But often enough to where we are well within alright to call this delusional world 'reality'. :wink:

Yeah I don't know about Pau getting swapped for Deng (I'm hopeful) but I do think the Bulls have a better chance of beating a team like Miami in the playoffs with Pau and Noah starting together.

Last edited:
Metta World Peace will stay with Los Angeles Lakers

Metta World Peace is staying put with the Los Angeles Lakers.

According to a person with knowledge of the situation, the veteran small forward will play out the final year of his contract (worth $7.7 million) rather than exercise the early termination option on his deal. The person spoke to USA TODAY Sports on the condition of anonymity because the decision had not yet been made public.

World Peace had until Tuesday to make his decision, and the lack of clarity that surrounded him in Laker Land made his process all the more problematic. Lakers center and free-agent-to-be Dwight Howard has still not indicated whether he will re-sign or head elsewhere, and World Peace had considered opting out in order to become a free agent rather than take part in these unstable Lakers times.

But while signs remain that Howard may be heading to the Houston Rockets, World Peace is better off opting for the security that comes with the final year of his deal rather than opting out. At 33 years old and 14 seasons into his career, the player formerly known as Ron Artest saw his offensive production rise in his first year under Lakers coach Mike D'Antoni (from 7.7 points and 7.3 shots per game in 2011-12 to 12.4 points and 11 shots per game last season).

The Lakers, whose payroll was set to be approximately $80 million for the coming season with just eight players (and without Howard), will now have to decide whether they want to use their amnesty clause on World Peace's deal in order to limit the exorbitant price of their underachieving team. The league's new luxury tax system is about to reach its most-punitive stages, meaning the Lakers could be in for record costs.

The amnesty provision is a one-time measure that teams can take which takes a player's contract off the books for salary cap purposes, though the player is still paid in full. The provision can only be used on contracts that were signed before the new collective bargaining agreement was put in place in Dec. 2011.

World Peace came to the Lakers as a free agent in 2009 and was a key part of their championship team that season. After having surgery to repair a torn meniscus in his left knee late last season, he made a remarkable recovery and played just 12 days later. His return helped the Lakers make their playoff push, but he struggled in three games against the San Antonio Spurs during a first-round sweep.
Link

Happy for Metta honestly... Hope he retires a laker :smokin

Deng for Pau is a wash for the lakers IMO b/c I don't think Deng is no where near healthy any more. All the complications he had from that spinal tap is looking real risky for any team considering a trade for him. Could be a lemon like Bynum was this past yr

Metta won't be on the Lakers next year.. He's getting amnestied, Unless Dwight leaves which makes amnesty unnecessary

Last edited:
[quote name="Essential1"]Metta won't be on the Lakers next year.. He's getting amnestied, Unless Dwight leaves which makes amnesty unnecessary[/quote]Shuttie!

I don't know how a Pau Gasol for Deng trade is delusional.

I think the trade would benefit the Bulls way more than it would benefit the Lakers

Last edited:
It's delusional in that the Bulls would be trading a centerpiece player who is in his prime for a player they have no need for and is arguably on the downslope of his career.

:lol: the tide not benefiting the Lakers as much... Your biggest hole in the starting lineup has been small forward. Adding a all star caliber small forward would benefit the Lakers?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's delusional in that the Bulls would be trading a centerpiece player who is in his prime for a player they have no need for and is arguably on the downslope of his career.

:lol: the tide not benefiting the Lakers as much... Your biggest hole in the starting lineup has been small forward. Adding a all star caliber small forward would benefit the Lakers?

I'm a Laker fan living in Chicago so yeah i watch majority of the Bulls games. No one in Chicago think Deng is a centerpiece player. Deng is not in his prime, he maxed out his skills couple years back. His best year was his 3rd or 4th season in the league. He hasn't improved since 2006. He's still the same player. He's always been a good defender. He's getting more recognition now since Thibbs got the Bulls playing defense.

The Bulls have a better chance of beating the Heat with Gasol than Deng.

You don't think Kobe and Deng on the perimeter would be pretty solid?

I'll trust your guy's take on Deng over mine.

IMO Deng is the perfect centerpiece type of player to pair next to a superstar, ie Rose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom