[::OFFSEASON OVER. Lock Please.::]

Which New Laker Acquisition Will Shine The Most This Upcoming Season?

• Jordan Farmar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick Young

• Chris Kaman

• Elias Harris

• Wesley Johnson

• Ryan Kelly

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
CP really thinks we're going to build a championship team in 2014
laugh.gif

***** hilarious.
LeBron is gonna come to a team that has 0 players on its roster when he's clearly chasing a championship.

"Lakers got cap space? Cool I'm there."

That easy
laugh.gif
Exactly.  People acting like having Griffin and Bledsoe here is going to eliminate our chance to sign anyone else.  We will still have about 30-35 mil in cap room plus two young players to put around a superstar.

You are aware that if we were to get Blake and Bledsoe well still have enough cap for a major star..... Except well have two very good young players on board already..

All the young top 5 players are locked in already

Westbrook Durant Rose etc etc are locked into contracts there aren't many franchise changing players out there even with all that cap..

You don't pick up Lebron your stuck with regular all star players and possible superstars (Paul George, Wall, Cousins) who are all restricted...

Btw your not gonna stumble into one of the Goats at the bottom of the lottery again

WHY DO YOU PEOPLE ONLYYYYYYYYY SEE 2014?????????????????????

There are a lot of seasons that come after 2014 folks.
Love
Durant
Rose
Russ
Uni-Brow
Wall
Kyrie

All come up at some point. You get under the cap and wait til the situation you want presents itself.

Be it 2014, 2015, 2016 etc.

We waited 5 years Magic to Shaq. Wake up and stop looking at one offseason only. :smh:

Last edited:
Love is great, but it seems like he's going to give Saunders an opportunity to prove himself :smile:lol) and Durant is three years away from free agency (maybe a year and a half if he forces himself out?).

Westbrook, Wall, Irving and Davis are like four to eight years away.

So you want to completely have the franchise crash and burn for up to 5 years in order to have a chance at some top players rather than still have significant cap and build a young team while doing it?

Especially considering that this team hasn't hit on a good draft pick since Bynum?

Last edited:
WHY DO YOU PEOPLE ONLYYYYYYYYY SEE 2014?????????????????????

There are a lot of seasons that come after 2014 folks.
Love
Durant
Rose
Russ
Uni-Brow
Wall
Kyrie

All come up at some point. You get under the cap and wait til the situation you want presents itself.

Be it 2014, 2015, 2016 etc.

We waited 5 years Magic to Shaq. Wake up and stop looking at one offseason only.
mean.gif
And who says you can't build it piece by piece?  On that list Durant, Rose, Westbrook probably aren't leaving leaving you with Love, Davis, Wall.  I doubt Kyrie is going to leave with the team they are putting around him right now.  Should it come to that point we could still trade Griffin and/or Bledsoe for Cap space/picks.  You can't do that if you don't have any assets to speak of. 

So you want to completely have the franchise crash and burn for up to 5 years in order to have a chance at some top players rather than still have significant cap and build a young team while doing it?

Are you ******g kidding me right now?

You read anything I''ve typed the last hour?

What did I say about Shaq in 96? 91-96, "lean" years, we added Eddie Jones and Nick Van Exel. You read this, yes? You saw those words typed out? You comprehend those words?

Where, WHERE, do you see me say sit on our ***** for 5 years waiting for players? WHERE DO YOU SEE THAT?

Can you read between ANY sort of lines, please?

2014, you swing for LeBron, you get him, great, you miss, fine. You draft player X. Pick up someone on the cheap maybe. 23 years old, etc.
2015, you swing for Love, you get him, great, you miss, fine. You try to add someone else. (no pick) Whoever might be there. But you are UNDER, the cap, aka, flexible.
2016, you swing for (Durant?), you get him, great, you miss, fine. You tryin to add pieces, under the cap, ready to pounce when a deal arises. You draft player X2. (as you develop player X)

Now WHERE do you see it say we just sit by the phone and play with our balls? You don't see that do you? Let me guess, you're confused what we do after 2016? You need that spelled out for you or something.

PLANS DON"T TAKE A SINGLE OFFSEASON, THEY CAN LAST 2-3 YEARS AT TIMES. NOT EVERY OFFSEASON IS 2010.

Jesus Christ.

Just so you all are getting this, Jerry West had a backup plan IF Shaq said no.

He had Eddie Jones, he had Nick Van Exel, he had Ceballos, Fox, (Horry would come eventually) he had Elden Campbell, and he was working out a deal for some kid named Kobe Bryant.

IF

Shaq said no, he was ready to turn right around and sign Dikembe Mutumbo AND ( I get them mixed up) either Dale Davis, or Antonio Davis. A Davis basically, I always screw up which one.

Now, certainly Shaq is better than Mutumbo/Davis, but he HAD backup plans in place. Had it been Mutumbo and Davis, then we would have seen Kobe take over the team at a much sooner clip, and we would have been a more defensive oriented team, obviously with that frontcourt. But there woulda been NO rebounds for anybody but Lakers. :lol:

Point is, even if one player falls thru, you have flexibility to get ____

Kobe, LO, and then a WHOLE BUNCH OF KIDS, Farmar, Bynum, Ariza, Sasha, Crittenton, etc etc etc and boom, trade for Pau. 2005 trade Shaq, build young pieces around 1 player, swing a deal and land Pau. TEAM.

How, HOW, are people not understanding how a team can be built in 3-4-5 years, without "crash and burning for five years"?

:smh:

Last edited:
Yea it's going to take the Lakers a while, CP is right.

But that doesn't mean you shouldn't try to get something out of Dwight Howard. If the Clippers are willing - you have to make that trade for the future. Blake's still only 23, so is Bledsoe.

Forget the fact that the Clippers would turn into "title contenders". Who cares. Super teams are not proven. Plus Dwight's on the verge of being 28 years old with a bad back.

*However the best chance for the Lakers to land LeBron is to have Dwight. That's why the Lakers are furiously trying to keep him and avoiding all sign-trade speculation. Dwight's the key to LeBron.

Last edited:

He had Eddie Jones, he had Nick Van Exel, he had Ceballos, Fox, (Horry would come eventually) he had Elden Campbell, and he was working out a deal for some kid named Kobe Bryant.

IF

Shaq said no, he was ready to turn right around and sign Dikembe Mutumbo AND ( I get them mixed up) either Dale Davis, or Antonio Davis. A Davis basically, I always screw up which one.

Now, certainly Shaq is better than Mutumbo/Davis, but he HAD backup plans in place. Had it been Mutumbo and Davis, then we would have seen Kobe take over the team at a much sooner clip, and we would have been a more defensive oriented team, obviously with that frontcourt. But there woulda been NO rebounds for anybody but Lakers.
laugh.gif

Kobe, LO, and then a WHOLE BUNCH OF KIDS, Farmar, Bynum, Ariza, Sasha, Crittenton, etc etc etc and boom, trade for Pau. 2005 trade Shaq, build young pieces around 1 player, swing a deal and land Pau. TEAM.

How, HOW, are people not understanding how a team can be built in 3-4-5 years, without "crash and burning for five years"?

mean.gif
No one is saying that.  You are basically saying the exact same thing I am saying, but you are saying you have to do it via free agency where I think we should trade Dwight and get good young players for him and then look to free agency.  I don't see how people can be so against trading a player who we will get nothing out of if we let walk for a 24 year old all star and a budding point guard.  You will have productive, attractive young players AND cap space to get free agents here, and then if you strike out in free agency its not such a loss.

Im not exactly sure what the Lakers pick situation is like since it seems like we have traded away our number one pick until 2050.  Does anyone know where we stand in terms of picks?

I said 5 pages ago if we can't sign Dwight, BG and Bledsoe is the best deal we'll see.

BUT, BG and Bled drain A LOT of that cap space.

:lol:

No pick in 2013, 2015, 2017.

Last edited:
I said 5 pages ago if we can't sign Dwight, BG and Bledsoe is the best deal we'll see.

laugh.gif

No pick in 2013, 2015, 2017.
My bad then, I just started reply like 2 pages ago.  So apparently we wont be getting much in terms of prospects in the draft either.

IF

Now, certainly Shaq is better than Mutumbo/Davis, but he HAD backup plans in place. Had it been Mutumbo and Davis, then we would have seen Kobe take over the team at a much sooner clip, and we would have been a more defensive oriented team, obviously with that frontcourt. But there woulda been NO rebounds for anybody but Lakers.
laugh.gif

mean.gif
Remember this is the new NBA where people want title contenders born in 1 summer. 

Man, dude said crash and burn for 5 years on something that has been talked about in here for the past 18 months.

This "2014 plan" has been in place since the day we seen Kobe, Pau, and Ron's contracts.

This has been clear for YEARS what we are up to. And I have to see people talk about "we'll never get LeBron, we're gonna suck forever, crash and burn, tank, tank"

Yes, defensive. This has been discussed 50 times, and STILL people don't get it. :smh:

The second, I mean SECOND Bron signed in Miami, we all knew Dwight was gonna be the next mega guy dealt. And we all claimed him. We knew he would be a "Laker Center"

Little did we know Mitch knew that, and that Chris Paul would be joining him. :lol: But Stern bent us over, and that dream was stolen. So be it, a new plan was hatched.

Now I see "crash and burn for five years" in my thread. :smh:

Analyze landscapes, please let's have some more of that amongst us Laker fans.

By the way, Pau, James Harden, Melo, deals happen. They come out of "nowhere" (maybe the Melo deal is a poor example) but they happen. For all the years we went heavy for the crown, once those vets have gotten old, we have to now dip back under that cap, and get flexible again, so we can get in the mix for those deals.

One other name I wish we could get involved with someday, Rondo. But that might be a while. Might have to crash and burn for a decade to get him........

CP mad as hell cuz the Spurs are about to win another ring. :lol:

Me too.

Eh, either way is win win, lose lose.

Spurs win, we can knock LeBron/Wade/Bosh like a pinata.
Spurs lose, we can knock them around like a pinata.

Either way, one of those teams celebrates, so meh. Kinda drains the happiness ya know? Usually I would be LOVING the Heat losing, instead it's washed cuz I hate the Spurs fans and the media with no brains.

Especially considering that this team hasn't hit on a good draft pick since Bynum?

Man, I ain't even catch this gem. :lol:

Have we HAD a draft pick since Bynum? :lol:

And more importantly, have we had a pick before 20 other than Bynum?
Critt, at 19, and we flipped him for Pau, so I think we're doin ok.

We invested our draft picks into keeping the core around Kobe/Pau competitive, after this, they will start to hold onto picks while they try to rebuild a new dynasty.

If we had 4 straight years picking in the top 5 like the Thunder, we would have hit on those picks, relax.

P, the spoiler is blank bruh. But I get your point about Bron bolting. Fear not my friend, I'll be tweeting him pics of Wade's knee X-Ray's daily. He'll opt out. :lol:

Last edited:
:lol: JD.

How you guys always find me in here when I mention you're people?

I mention Rose and Bulls fans jump in.
Talk Spurs and they chime
Say Clipper and 3 pages of crap follows
Now I say Rondo and you catch it.

Ya'll have filters or somethin on here? How I get somethin like that? Gonn a start typin in black letters pretty soon. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom