[::OFFSEASON OVER. Lock Please.::]

Which New Laker Acquisition Will Shine The Most This Upcoming Season?

• Jordan Farmar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick Young

• Chris Kaman

• Elias Harris

• Wesley Johnson

• Ryan Kelly

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It kills me that some of you would really be happy to see Dwight go with nothing in return instead of something...only to have some damn cap space in 2 years.

As if cap space means instant championships.

C'mon damn. Build the team the best you can now, the future will be the future. If Dwight is leaving how do you not want some damn players in return? You want Jordan Hill to be our starting Center? Playing with old man Pau, Old man Nash, old man metta, and limping Kobe.

Yeah...what a fun season it will be.
But hey... cap space!!! :pimp:

Oh look a rumor that will never happen.

I like Blake but look at what Z-Bo did to him

come on now

You completely tried to make this into a Blake vs Dwight thing which it shouldn't

With Dwight were forced to start Steve Nash at the point and Pau at the 4 with a hobbled Kobe just coming off of an injury

-W/o you add a premier defender in Bledsoe who can guard both the 1&2 and make it Alot rougher to get to the lane.
-Pau is then moved to center where he can inside the paint and contest shots which maximizes his defensive skills
- while Blake isn't a good defender at all he's physically able to keep up or bang with any 4 in the league and isn't a complete liability as opposed to Pau who simply CAN'T PHYSICALLY stay with any 4's
- it adds two of the best athletes in the NBA to our team
- you do tailor a team to a coach when you are still paying one older coach and just signed the new one to a lucrative deal.
- both Blake and Pau are excellent passers for their size and Blake's game is far better suited to play with Pau then Dwight will ever be.
- the biggest rivals in the west as the rosters are set today are the Spurs & Thunder adding Eric Bledsoe doubles our chances of playing those teams better

1. We wouldn't be any more of a contender than we would be now. It's a slim possibility either way. Why waste $55mil on Blake & Bledsoe when the Lakers are in a terrible financial position this next year. To go from a 1% contender to 1% contender
2. Dwight Howard is an athletic freak.
3. Nash isn't coming off the bench
4. Defend who better?
laugh.gif
Blake is not a good defender at all. So you're suggestion to become a better defensive team is trade away the best defensive center. Ok?
5. You do not make a roster fit to a coach, especially if it's a coach you don't want there for longer than a few years.
6. Blake one of the better rebounders in the league?
laugh.gif
No he's not. But even if he was Dwight Howard is the best rebounder in the league..
7. Blake is signed through 2017. Howard 5 year deal would be through 2018. And each of the 4 years Dwight is only $4mil more than Dwight.
I don't think anyone is saying take this deal to take this deal.  I think most people are saying to take this deal after the realization that Dwight will not re-sign with the Lakers which is a strong possibility.  In which case it is a difference between being a lottery team and staying a playoff team until the Lakers have the cap to sign another superstar.

You could flip Blake Griffin in six months if you decide he's not worth it.

You're telling me Michael Jordan isn't going to give up lottery picks (he has as many as THREE next summer) for Blake in February?

[quote name="PMatic"]You're telling me Michael Jordan isn't going to give up lottery picks (he has as many as THREE next summer) for Blake in February?[/quote]No. Blake is talented.

-Pau is then moved to center where he can inside the paint and contest shots which maximizes his defensive skills
- while Blake isn't a good defender at all he's physically able to keep up or bang with any 4 in the league and isn't a complete liability as opposed to Pau who simply CAN'T PHYSICALLY stay with any 4's

But guess who's Pau's help defense is when he's at the 4 ..... .....Dwight.

Blake and Pau guarding the paint? LOL thats worse than what the Clippers had

You could flip Blake Griffin in six months if you decide he's not worth it.

You're telling me Michael Jordan isn't going to give up lottery picks (he has as many as THREE next summer) for Blake in February?
Exactly.  Plus here is what the 2014 FA class is looking like:

Lebron - Unrestricted Free Agent, not signing with us anyways

Carmelo - Unrestricted free agent, don't want

Duncan - Probably going to retire

Wade - Unrestricted Free Agent, wont have knees by the time next summer comes

Amare - Unrestricted free agent, certifiable bench player

Zach Randolph - Unrestricted FA, possibility

Paul George - Restricted FA, doubt pacers let him walk

Rudy Gay - Player option, strong possibility he could leave Toronto

Damian Lillard - Team option, Blazers would be out of there mind not to exercise

Andre Drummond - Team option, pistons aren't declining that

Anthony Davis - Team option, Hornets aren't declining

Kyrie Irving - Team option, Cavs not declining that

John Wall - Restricted free agent,  I image Washington will match any offer

Demarcus Cousins - Restricted free agent, possibility, absolute nutcase

Chris Bosh - LOL

Dirk - probably retired, don't want to build a team around a 40 year old anyways

Greg Monroe - Restricted FA, pistons will probably match offers

Kemba Walker - Team option, doubt it will be declined

Kenneth Faried - team option, not going to get declined

Does anybody really see a team we are going to be able to actually build a team around come 2014?  I see a bunch of restricted FA's and players with team options.  The only restricted FA either aren't coming here or we don't want.

Last edited:
how can you compare the Knicks having free cap space to teh Lakers having free cap space? 

The Lakers without cap space got Dwight, Nash, and Jamison last year...imagine what Mitch can do with all that money.  Hopefully Nash retires by then too so that we literally would have 0 players under contract.

Jungle, right on the money.

People think we about to stack LeBron, Z-Bo, and Damian Lillard all in the summer of 2014 if we have space.

C'mon now :lol:

Like P said, take the value you can get now (like Blake) and if you don't want him trade him mid season. Nothing to lose.

If I kno dude isn't staying and no.better deal pops up id jump on that deal. I love bledsoes game and think under the right influence he can be better. They can have dwight "limited post moves" howard if their willing to give up their 2 most athletic players, who are young. But if the clown does decide to stay, he needs to add some offensive moves seriously.

Exactly.  Plus here is what the 2014 FA class is looking like:

Lebron - Unrestricted Free Agent, not signing with us anyways

Carmelo - Unrestricted free agent, don't want

Duncan - Probably going to retire

Wade - Unrestricted Free Agent, wont have knees by the time next summer comes

Amare - Unrestricted free agent, certifiable bench player

Zach Randolph - Unrestricted FA, possibility

Paul George - Restricted FA, doubt pacers let him walk

Rudy Gay - Player option, strong possibility he could leave Toronto

Damian Lillard - Team option, Blazers would be out of there mind not to exercise

Andre Drummond - Team option, pistons aren't declining that

Anthony Davis - Team option, Hornets aren't declining

Kyrie Irving - Team option, Cavs not declining that

John Wall - Restricted free agent,  I image Washington will match any offer

Demarcus Cousins - Restricted free agent, possibility, absolute nutcase

Chris Bosh - LOL

Dirk - probably retired, don't want to build a team around a 40 year old anyways

Greg Monroe - Restricted FA, pistons will probably match offers

Kemba Walker - Team option, doubt it will be declined

Kenneth Faried - team option, not going to get declined

Does anybody really see a team we are going to be able to actually build a team around come 2014?  I see a bunch of restricted FA's and players with team options.  The only restricted FA either aren't coming here or we don't want.
so you'd rather build around Blake Griffin than Carmelo?

Anything can happen, why are you saying Lebron would never come here? Heat lose tonight and get knocked out in say 2nd round next year, he's gonna be pissed.

Jungle, right on the money.

People think we about to stack LeBron, Z-Bo, and Damian Lillard all in the summer of 2014 if we have space.

C'mon now
laugh.gif

Like P said, take the value you can get now (like Blake) and if you don't want him trade him mid season. Nothing to lose.
I noticed NOBODY has has anything about not wanting to make the Clippers better.

You make this deal and you turn the Clippers into Western conference champs for the next 4 years minimum.  Then it wont matter who you trade Blake for....

so you'd rather build around Blake Griffin than Carmelo?

Anything can happen, why are you saying Lebron would never come here? Heat lose tonight and get knocked out in say 2nd round next year, he's gonna be pissed.
When did I once say that?  Seriously?  Im saying that even if we do have a bunch of cap room, there isn't a huge FA market to build an entire team round.  You guys are thinking we are going to sign another big three like Miami had but that certainly will not happen.  The difference between the Lakers and the Heat is the Heat already had Dwayne Wade to talk the other two into coming to Miami.  Who is going to talk players into coming to the Lakers if we don't have anyone?  A 41 year old Steve Nash who is the only player on the roster?  Im sure players are running to Los Angeles to play with Steve Nash and a player who hasn't passed the ball in his entire career.  My point is we wont be able to build a team on Free Agency alone that will compete for a championship.  We have to have other players.  And if you think Carmelo is going to win you a championship then I don't know what to tell you. 

Thanks for posting that list so realistically we have a shot at Lebron, Melo or reaching 40 former superstars.... However even with Blake & Bledsoe we could still sign one star other good role players and sign Kobe for another year

And how appealing do you think LA will look to Bron Or Melo when the same management treated possibly the franchises greatest player ever to a lottery team for his final years

And BTW if and when Lebron loses these finals you mean to tell me you want to take this guy at age 30-31 to be the face of the franchise?

Thanks for posting that list so realistically we have a shot at Lebron, Melo or reaching 40 former superstars.... However even with Blake & Bledsoe we could still sign one star other good role players and sign Kobe for another year

And how appealing do you think LA will look to Bron Or Melo when the same management treated possibly the franchises greatest player ever to a lottery team for his final years

And BTW if and when Lebron loses these finals you mean to tell me you want to take this guy at age 30-31 to be the face of the franchise?
wont matter who we add to bledsoe and blake when the Clippers would have starting line up with Paul Garnett and Howard.  Not to mention Crawford off the bench and Rivers on the bench coaching and the many more free agents they will get for the minimum after this goes down.

They will become laker fans who hate lebron for not coming here. Seriously I only see him.going back to cleveland or staying put in miami. You can't miss out on young talent only to hope u can get player a or b.

Exactly.  We need to get a good nucleus then add a superstar
 Im not sure who you are talking about here?  Are you talking about Dwight?
I would absolutely love to have Lebron James as the face of the Lakers, but do you realistically think he will come here?  Im putting the odds at ziltch to zero.  You really think he wants to re-live the exact same thing he did two years ago where every single move he makes is scrutinized because the ditched his team again?  Can you imagine how badly the dude would get roasted?  Honestly though, the only way Lebron leaves is if they lose in the finals this year and get eliminated next year which probably wont happen.  If you were running a franchise would you hold your breathe to re-build around a player who may or may not leave and even if he does leave there is absolutely no guarantee that he comes to the Lakers?  If Lebron leaves its because he is going back to Cleveland where they have a great young core to build around.

wont matter who we add to bledsoe and blake when the Clippers would have starting line up with Paul Garnett and Howard.  Not to mention Crawford off the bench and Rivers on the bench coaching and the many more free agents they will get for the minimum after this goes down.
As of right now that deal is dead....

we have to be realistic at this point. lebron is MOST LIKELY NOT coming to the lakers. i really wish the lakers could compete for the title for kobe but if dwight doesn't want to stay and he wants to go to the clippers, how do you just let him walk?

as much has i don't like blake, i think the lakers need to grab assets and use those assets later down the road.

who's to say we can't flip blake or bledsoe for MORE expirings + draft picks at the trade deadline. theres your cap room for 2014 and some.

LA will always lure big free agents. with or without dwight in the fold.

Last edited:
Jerry West was such an idiot when he cleared out all that cap space for the summer of 96. :smh:

Only a fool would think something like that could happen. No wonder he doesn't have a job with us anymore.

You guys done yet?

It doesn't even matter if LeBron doesn't come to LA, the bottom line is simple, at this point, it's time to begin rebuilding the roster. You clear everything out, try to land the biggest fish in the sport, if he passes, you know what you're left with? All the cap space in the world.

So you have a lean year or two, and eventually, a free agent target WILL come available, and at that point, you can pounce why? Because you have the flexibility we have not had in years.

Instead of signing 30+ year olds to join our other 30+ year olds, we can start to sign younger guys, faster/healthier guys and rebuild that way, similar to Eddie Jones and Nick Van Exel being the start during the lean 93-94-95 years. Then when you do land that big fish, your roster is shaped and ready to go. Add in a vet here, or another FA there, and you look a lot different than you did 18 months prior.

Please everyone with their sky is falling ********. "nobody will ever come, we'll never be in the playoffs again" Calmete.

You all ain't even know I could get down on that bilingual did you? Thas right, get acquainted. :lol:

Jerry West was such an idiot when he cleared out all that cap space for the summer of 96.
mean.gif

Only a fool would think something like that could happen. No wonder he doesn't have a job with us anymore.

You guys done yet?

It doesn't even matter if LeBron doesn't come to LA, the bottom line is simple, at this point, it's time to begin rebuilding the roster. You clear everything out, try to land the biggest fish in the sport, if he passes, you know what you're left with? All the cap space in the world.

So you have a lean year or two, and eventually, a free agent target WILL come available, and at that point, you can pounce why? Because you have the flexibility we have not had in years.

Instead of signing 30+ year olds to join our other 30+ year olds, we can start to sign younger guys, faster/healthier guys and rebuild that way, similar to Eddie Jones and Nick Van Exel being the start during the lean 93-94-95 years. Then when you do land that big fish, your roster is shaped and ready to go. Add in a vet here, or another FA there, and you look a lot different than you did 18 months prior.

Please everyone with their sky is falling ********. "nobody will ever come, we'll never be in the playoffs again" Calmete.

You all ain't even know I could get down on that bilingual did you? Thas right, get acquainted.
laugh.gif
Seriously, look at that list of free agents and tell me who we can build a franchise out of?  Other than Lebron who isn't coming here, there sure as hell isn't a Shaq out there that is going to change our destiny like the 90s.

CP really thinks we're going to build a championship team in 2014 :lol:

***** hilarious.
LeBron is gonna come to a team that has 0 players on its roster when he's clearly chasing a championship.

"Lakers got cap space? Cool I'm there."

That easy :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom