[::OFFSEASON OVER. Lock Please.::]

Which New Laker Acquisition Will Shine The Most This Upcoming Season?

• Jordan Farmar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick Young

• Chris Kaman

• Elias Harris

• Wesley Johnson

• Ryan Kelly

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
i actually saw him at a starbucks while he was playing in china (i live in shanghai) and told him to sign with us

is there any way of freeing up some cap space? i dont like going into a season only having kobe being able to create his own shot

yo foreal a fellow NTer/laker bro in Shanghai?! wuts gooood bruh!

Surprised this wasn't posted:

Metta World Peace says he’ll defer to his agent regarding player option to stay with Lakers next season

Metta World Peace got better near the end of the Lakers’ injury ravaged season, but it’s unclear just how important he is to the team’s title chances moving forward.

There will be plenty of changes to the roster in Los Angeles before next season, and some of them involving Dwight Howard and/or Pau Gasol could be major ones that will impact the franchise for years to come.

It’s not that serious with World Peace, though he alone is the one who gets to decide if he’ll sign up for one more year with the Lakers, given the fact that he holds a player option that would allow him to return at a salary of $7.7 million for the final year of his deal.

World Peace, however, appars as though he’ll let his agent be the one to make that choice.

From Mark Medina of the Los Angeles Daily News:

“I don’t want to think off emotions. I hired my agent for a reason so I’ll let him and the Lakers do their job to try to keep me a Laker for long term,” World Peace said Tuesday in a phone interview with this newspaper. “Rather than stress myself out and worry about what’s going on for the Lakers, I’ll let them do their job. Then they can get back to me.”

“Whatever the Lakers and my agent feel best, that’s what I’m going to do,” World Peace said. “It’s not about me. I’m not making the decision based on me. I’ll let the Lakers and my agent make the decision for me.”

World Peace and his agent have until June 25 to make that decision, but the Lakers will still have a small say in how things ultimately play out.

There has been talk of using the amnesty provision under the new collective bargaining agreement to waive World Peace should he opt in, which would save the Lakers several million dollars in luxury tax penalties, even though they’d still be required to pay the year’s worth of salary in full.

There’s also a strong possibility that the team wouldn’t be interested in signing World Peace to a multi-year deal at anywhere near his market value should he decide to pursue that as an option.

We need this next year
ramonsessions.jpg

Another dud that couldn't handle the pressure of playing in LA next to Kobe? :lol: :tongue:

Last edited:
Sessions slander shall not be allowed..

We need a younger backup PG immediately. Nash and Blake are a terrible combo. One has got to go.

Last edited:
When you think about it, it's kinda sad...
The list of players that couldn't handle the pressure of both being a Laker and playing next to Kobe is pretty damn long. :smh: :lol:

We know Metta's not one of those dudes though.
Dat Game 7 Clutchness. :smokin

I don't think Ramon couldn't handle it. He wanted to come back.. But once we got Nash, it pretty much ended that.

He was talented, but was an orange cone on defense, his three point shooting turned out to be a fluke and couldn't fit with the rest of the starters when the playoffs started because the game slowed down and he was told to go stand in the corner.

Oh well.

i screamed when ramon put on the speed his first game

anywho, just read chapter one from eleven rings in phils voice :smh: this book will put me to sleep one day

He was talented, but was an orange cone on defense, his three point shooting turned out to be a fluke and couldn't fit with the rest of the starters when the playoffs started because the game slowed down and he was told to go stand in the corner.

Oh well.

you know he did have alot of trouble with that high pick and roll in the playoffs and kinda struggled a bit on d from when we acquired him...

but you gotta figure he was 1 step away from being out the pro circuit, you could tell he hadnt fully adjusted to that NBA pace quite yet....but damn he was QUICK and FAST, shot wasn't busted and shot the 3 decent....and he had heart, thats for sure.

I think we called his agents bluff after he opted out or something like that (?)

The more CP posts about the Spurs, the more confident I feel in my Miami in 6 prediction. :lol:

Because when you break it down the way you have been breaking it down, Pop hasn't always adjusted, has definitely had some embarrassing series losses, has definitely taken advantage of some very fortunate playoff ladders, etc. :lol:

Not like I pay attention or anything......

:lol:

Just things I always see swept under the rug and never get an answer why.
I admit, nice to talk about the Spurs calmly without getting shived all day. Gifs, and PM's gettin thrown my way. I'm just listing facts, believe me or don't, at least people are thinking about what they probably forgotten. *shrugs*

I'm sure an explosion will come at some point. :lol:

CP I agree with your rationale but at the same time I guess I hear/have heard less hype about the Spurs or it just doesn't bother me as much because I see them the same way you do, i.e. a consistent but not dominant team that does have its flaws and has choked numerous times. If they beat the Heat this year Ill view this title about the same way I did when the Mavs won it. Assuming recent trends continue, the Heats superstars will be underperforming and the older, boring team pulls out a series win. Neither team will be an all time great champion and neither is part of a dynasty.

If the Heat win back to back though, with a 3rd straight appearance? Now they're approaching OUR territory. We all know who the last team to do that was...Now the Spurs may get a lot of credit for winning that 5th title, but like you mentioned there was a lot of missteps sprinkled in between this one and the last one; getting owned by the Grizzlies, beaten by the upstart Thunder, sonned by the Lakers etc. They didn't see the Finals again until the other contenders ' best player's got injured this year. (Same could be said for Miami gettin an easier road this year, but nobody seems to mention that for some reason).

And like I said, while I don't like the Spurs I respect them a lot more than the Heat. Except for Ginobili and Bonner, cus f*** those guys. :lol:

The more CP posts about the Spurs, the more confident I feel in my Miami in 6 prediction. :lol:

It's the opposite for me.
The more CP talks the more im confident in my Spurs in 6 prediction.

By listing all the times Popp has failed, it just makes me feel like he has something to prove just as much as LeBron does.

5am, I hear ya, I don't like the series either way, but nothin I can do now. Their roads were a little easier this year, so be it. One of em will win, and change the history of each franchise one way or the other.

But I'm not sorry for speakin on SA. I'm sorry if anyone gets caught in the crossfire, and I hope you all are smart enough to stay away if spur fans come unhinged and start shooting at any SN's with a C or a P in them, but I ain't talkin out my *** just to hear myself. This **** been goin on for YEARS, and I don't get it.

Remember at the close of the decade, people tryin to sell me that the Spurs were the team of the decade, with less titles, less Finals appearances, a ton more losses against us head to head, and people STILL tried to give the Spurs credit. :wow: :lol: That's when I knew that team had gotten overhyped and people wasn't seein reality no more with them. They just see a steady team that every couple years makes a run and they get a title. Credit should be given, no doubt, but people puttin extras and **** on it, and I'm callin that out. That's the stuff I can't get with.

If they go out and beat the Heat, then that's their most impressive title and I will give them their due, but I'm not expecting needing to do that. I expect to have to pat LeBron and Wade on the back one more time. :smh:

Oh well.

you know he did have alot of trouble with that high pick and roll in the playoffs and kinda struggled a bit on d from when we acquired him...

but you gotta figure he was 1 step away from being out the pro circuit, you could tell he hadnt fully adjusted to that NBA pace quite yet....but damn he was QUICK and FAST, shot wasn't busted and shot the 3 decent....and he had heart, thats for sure.

I think we called his agents bluff after he opted out or something like that (?)

All I'm saying is we need him back :lol:

He had trouble with against the elite guards..

If he was coming off the bench, there isn't many guards I could see him having trouble with because they just are not as skilled to beat him. Also he runs a D'Antoni like pace, which would be great with the rest of our young guys off the bench. Also he's under 30, so that's always a plus. He will help a guy like Earl Clark in the same way he helped Matt Barnes in the last month of the season in 2011-12. Clark cutting to the hoop will get him a lot of easy points.

I think part of the problem from our expectation is the last good PG we had was 15 years earlier in Nick Van Exel. :lol: We were expecting us to run through the playoffs with a PG. When we still had Devin Ebanks, Josh McRoberts and Troy Murphy out there.

And I really am not trying to see the average age of 36.5 years old PGs playing 82games for 48 minutes (if they make it 82 games)..

If MWP picks up his player option (which he will) He's gone. Really no way around it. He's gone this upcoming year. Call up MJ and get MWP for Sessions done :lol: I only suggest this trade because it's Michael Jordan, and he doesn't know what he's doing. :lol:

Then you amnesty Steve Blake. Or look for any type of deal you can get, even if it's just a trade exception.

Go after Dorell Wright, Carlos Delfino, CJ Miles, Randy Foye, Marco Belinelli.. I prefer Wright because he is a combo forward, big body, shoots the 3 well, and can play some defense. But anyone on that list would be fine.

Our Roster age if we went in this direction:
Whoever is the second round pick. I prefer a SF, but for some reason every mock draft has us drafting PGs AGAIN :smh:
Darius Morris (23)
Robert Sacre (24)
Andrew Goudelock (25)
Earl Clark (26)
Jodie Meeks (26)
Jordan Hill (26)
Dorell Wright (28)
Dwight Howard (28)
Ramon Sessions (28)
---- 10 guys under 30 -------
Pau Gasol (33)
Kobe Bryant (35)
Steve Nash (40)

We'd still be old because 3 of our starters are over 30. But that's where our age is only.. It's better than this past year with 4 starters, and our 2 most prominent role players in an 8 man rotation over 30.

Last edited:
Sessions broke my heart.
I vowed that he would be a game changer.
I bragged that we had just gotten our missing piece to all my friends.
I put everything that we had just gotten our star PG...

Dude was such a fluke. Made me the laughing stock of all my friends. He couldn't handle it man. As simple as that.

I don't want him back. I'm still hurt.

[quote name="CP"]5am, I hear ya, I don't like the series either way, but nothin I can do now. Their roads were a little easier this year, so be it. One of em will win, and change the history of each franchise one way or the other.

But I'm not sorry for speakin on SA. I'm sorry if anyone gets caught in the crossfire, and I hope you all are smart enough to stay away if
spur fans come unhinged and start shooting at any SN's with a C or a P in them, but I ain't talkin out my *** just to hear myself. This **** been goin on for YEARS, and I don't get it.

Remember at the close of the decade, people tryin to sell me that the Spurs were the team of the decade, with less titles, less Finals appearances, a ton more losses against us head to head, and people STILL tried to give the Spurs credit. :wow: :lol: That's when I knew that team had gotten overhyped and people wasn't seein reality no more with them. They just see a steady team that every couple years makes a run and they get a title. Credit should be given, no doubt, but people puttin extras and **** on it, and I'm callin that out. That's the stuff I can't get with.

If they go out and beat the Heat, then that's their most impressive title and I will give them their due, but I'm not expecting needing to do that. I expect to have to pat LeBron and Wade on the back one more time. :smh:
[/quote]:lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom