[::OFFSEASON OVER. Lock Please.::]

Which New Laker Acquisition Will Shine The Most This Upcoming Season?

• Jordan Farmar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick Young

• Chris Kaman

• Elias Harris

• Wesley Johnson

• Ryan Kelly

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope this finals gets cancelled or something. Can't really stomach these two teams :smh:

On a side note,

LeBron James Says Tim Duncan, Not Kobe, Is Generation’s Best Player
By Corey Hansford

With the NBA Finals set to start tonight, a lot of people have taken this time to reflect on the storied, Hall of Fame career of the San Antonio Spurs’ Tim Duncan. Already widely considered the greatest power forward of all-time, a fifth championship ring could catapult Duncan even higher on the list of greatest players of all-time amongst other greats like Wilt Chamberlain, Bill Russell, and of course Kobe Bryant.

There has always been an argument over the greatest player of this generation, Kobe Bryant or Tim Duncan? Well, according to LeBron James the debate is already finished and he favors The Big Fundamental, as he told Kurt Helin of Pro Basketball Talk:

"Probably one of the best players to ever play the game of basketball,” he said of Duncan. “If I just look at the last 15 years, he’s probably been the most consistent, most dominant player that we’ve had as far as 15 years all together. He’s won four titles, multiple All Stars, MVP, and so on and so on."

There is no denying the consistency of Duncan as he averaged at least 18 points and 10 rebounds in all of his first 12 seasons in the league. But to call him more dominant over the last 15 years than Kobe Bryant, who has five championship rings over that time span, not to mention 10 All-NBA First Team selections to Duncan’s nine and nine All-NBA First Team All-Defense selections to Duncan’s eight.

Duncan does hold an edge on Kobe with two MVPs and three Finals MVPs compared to Kobe’s one and two respectively. With a fifth ring Duncan can have a very strong argument as the best player of this generation, but until that fifth ring is won, it’s very difficult to put Duncan ahead of Kobe as far as best and most dominant player of the last 15 years.

Last edited:
Man life would be soooo good if ducking Jim Buss would of just hired my dude B-Shaw as head coach. Smh. Ol potatoe head lookin Mike Brown wasting a valuable year of Kobe and Pau's last years. :smh:

^ Are you sure that B. Shaw wouldn't have been?

I mean on paper he looks good. But you have to remember, he has never been a Head Coach before.

Mike Brown didn't waste a year with the Lakers.. We didn't under achieve, we didn't over achieve... We achieved.

Get.

Out.

:rolleyes

Somebody is feelin' themselves too much.

Somebody doesn't read the papers or somethin.

Look up Karl's track record, them come talk to me.

Would you rather have Mike D'Antoni or George Karl though?

Granted, both have a style that fits a young, athletic squad, but I believe Karl has the ability to adapt better than D'Antoni. That and he won't run his team into the ground.

My man, I know MDA ain't the greatest, but you sure you done your homework on G Karl? Positive?

Tell me, which of the 8 first round exits in 9 years excites you the most? Was it the one he lost to Mike Brown? The one he lost to Mark Jackson (making his playoff debut, with a bunch of first time playoff performers). Was it the Melo years, where they would go out in 5 games? What works for you?

I know you like that regular season mark he got, it's sexy ain't it? .599 winning percentage lookin good don't it? I know, I hear ya.

BUt tell me, does that playoff record concern you at all? You know, that one where is absolute best single year winning perctage was a 10-6 record? That .432% mark, it ain't so hot now is it?

The guy don't win man. He does fine in the regular year, but come playoff time, when teams spend 2 weeks studying your every move, they adjust and Karl can't match it. It's proven every, single, year.

Karl is the hot chick, like an 8, girl looks right in all the right places, fills out that bra nicely, got them yoga pants lookin TASTY.

Then you slip all them clothes off and climb aboard, and the ***** don't move right. :smh: She don't move her legs in the right places, can't get no rythym goin, got your stroke all choked up, it's all bumpy and rough waters, just a plain mess. So you try somethin else, maybe she'll tongue ya down or somethin, make it right that way, only her teeth all in the way, scratchin you and ****. Squeezin your pair like she's tryin to break them outta jail or somethin, got you gaspin for breath and what not, just tryin to get her clothes back on so she look good again. She's an 8 in clothes, but a -2 in bed.

Don't nobody got time for that. We don't want that ****. We want a 7.5 in clothes, and a 38 when the lights go out. Someone that leaves you out of breath. Beggin for more. Girl that can straighten you out with a single touch.

Find that coach b. That's who we want.

You feel me?

Its laughable to me that people put Duncan over Kobe as player of the decade ('00-'10).  just laughable. I wont even argue about it.

Get.

Out.

:rolleyes

Somebody is feelin' themselves too much.

Somebody doesn't read the papers or somethin.

Look up Karl's track record, them come talk to me.

Would you rather have Mike D'Antoni or George Karl though?

Granted, both have a style that fits a young, athletic squad, but I believe Karl has the ability to adapt better than D'Antoni. That and he won't run his team into the ground.

My man, I know MDA ain't the greatest, but you sure you done your homework on G Karl? Positive?

Tell me, which of the 8 first round exits in 9 years excites you the most? Was it the one he lost to Mike Brown? The one he lost to Mark Jackson (making his playoff debut, with a bunch of first time playoff performers). Was it the Melo years, where they would go out in 5 games? What works for you?

I know you like that regular season mark he got, it's sexy ain't it? .599 winning percentage lookin good don't it? I know, I hear ya.

BUt tell me, does that playoff record concern you at all? You know, that one where is absolute best single year winning perctage was a 10-6 record? That .432% mark, it ain't so hot now is it?

The guy don't win man. He does fine in the regular year, but come playoff time, when teams spend 2 weeks studying your every move, they adjust and Karl can't match it. It's proven every, single, year.

Karl is the hot chick, like an 8, girl looks right in all the right places, fills out that bra nicely, got them yoga pants lookin TASTY.

Then you slip all them clothes off and climb aboard, and the ***** don't move right. :smh: She don't move her legs in the right places, can't get no rythym goin, got your stroke all choked up, it's all bumpy and rough waters, just a plain mess. So you try somethin else, maybe she'll tongue ya down or somethin, make it right that way, only her teeth all in the way, scratchin you and ****. Squeezin your pair like she's tryin to break them outta jail or somethin, got you gaspin for breath and what not, just tryin to get her clothes back on so she look good again. She's an 8 in clothes, but a -2 in bed.

Don't nobody got time for that. We don't want that ****. We want a 7.5 in clothes, and a 38 when the lights go out. Someone that leaves you out of breath. Beggin for more. Girl that can straighten you out with a single touch.

Find that coach b. That's who we want.

You feel me?

I'm talking about basketball though, not sex.

Just kidding.

Last edited:
[quote name="girlslovewaffles"]I'm talking about basketball though, not sex.

Just kidding.[/quote]Well, using basketball to discuss George Karl's woes didn't seem to be working, so he switched it up. :lol:

man, if the whole series is like this, I definitely want the Spurs to win. Sorry, Lakers fans. not changing my heat in 6 prediction, though. Might change it to Heat in 5.

just like I was rooting for the Heat in 06 after a few games, I might be rooting for the Spurs... by game's end.

idc idc idc idc

Last edited:
I look at two of our biggest 3 concerns in the offseason.. Age and 3 point shooting. Defense is probably the biggest concern, but if you improve our age outlook that will improve to an extent.

We will never be a “young team” with Steve Nash. Steve Nash alone rose the average age by 1 year. No one is going to take a 40 year old Steve Nash and give you much in return. We had 4 starters, and our 2 most prominent bench players (Blake & Jamison) were all over 30 years old. When you run an 8 man rotation, that is not a recipe for success. Jamison is not going to be around next year, so under 30 guys (Hill & Clark) will be filling his minutes. I can live with Nash (we need a better backup if that’s the case), Kobe & Pau. We can get younger at PG & SF. Whoever we sign or trade for, it cannot be anyone who is over 29.
If we have only 3 starters and no one on the bench over 30, it puts us in good shape.

The key is finding a person who can give you enough rest for Nash (20-22 minutes per game) under 30, and wouldn’t be a total disaster if Nash goes down.. Hence why I suggest Ramon Sessions again.

3 point shooting
We were a lot better than our rankings show. We ranked 19th in 3P% at 35.5% (8.7 of 24.6 per games, both were 3rd in the NBA). We were 1.0% from the top 10. Where our numbers got dragged down were 2 players: Kobe Bryant and Metta World Peace. Together they shot 43 percent of the team’s 3 point shots per game at 33.6%. Kobe’s 3 point shooting is more forgivable than Metta’s. Kobe has never been a great 3 point shooter, but he is decent. He makes them when he is open (although that doesn’t happen very often). His % gets dragged down 4-5% because he is the number one scorer that takes the tough shots at the end of quarters and when the game is tight in the 4th normally from long range. You would hope he would pick and choose his moments a little bit better, but his numbers are expected just based on the 3pointers he takes when the game is close. Metta World Peace on the other hand shot the most 3 pointer per game on the team and only hit 34.2%. Half of MWP’s shots per game were from the 3, many of which were wide open with time to gather, and get set. That is absolutely unacceptable. I know MWP isn’t a gunner, but when you are relied upon for that role and you are getting a lot of open looks, you have to knock down at a better rate.

In an alternate scenario, let’s just say you replace MWP with someone who shoots 40% from 3 on 5.5 3 point shots, we’d be a top 10 3 point shooting team. That’s with Kobe, and
with Meeks inconsistency.

Nash shot great. Blake exceeded expectations. Meeks was inconsistent. I think Meek's numbers will improve a bit from the 3 next year with more trust put in him (by necessity), and more familiarity with his role.

How can we improve this?
Despite needing MWP’s defense which is still above average, unless he’s playing backup 4 where he shoots much better, and would shoot the ball less, and his 34% is acceptable, he can’t come back.

Steve Blake shot the ball great from 3.. BUT there are other areas that have holes (defense, play-making, age) that having Steve Nash means we can’t keep Blake and think we can win a title.

We need to replace Blake’s production at 3, and get a primary 3 point shooter at SF.

Final Conclusion:

Basically you come at the same conclusion for both. We need to get rid of MWP because he is somehow our primary 3 point shooter (despite being mediocre at that aspect) and his age. Steve Blake while he could backup Ramon Sessions the way he played this past season, he can’t back up Steve Nash.. Just far too much age in a Conference where you have Westbrook, Curry, Parker, Paul, Lawson and Lillard.

It'll be tough to fill both of these spots with what we need, but if we can do it the Lakers have a legitimate shot to do next year what they were supposed to do this year...

Last edited:
Morris and Goudelock making 2008 Farmar/Sasha like leaps would be a HUGE help. Need them to be worth 16-18 minutes a game.

Morris and Goudelock making 2008 Farmar/Sasha like leaps would be a HUGE help. Need them to be worth 16-18 minutes a game.

Morris definitely has it in him. He made a huge leap this year.. Goudelock really needs to do something in terms of either sliming or turning fat to muscle. He is far too slow to be the player his skills dictate

But they won't get many minutes with Blake around and Kobe probably being ready Game 1.

If only we had Kyle Lowry as our backup PG. that is the caliber of PG we need because of the uncertainty around Nash's health

Last edited:
I meant recently. During our 2009 championship run, the Lakers made Timmy look old.

Yet, he's playing like a new man and it's 2013.

2008*

But he really looked done in 2010 when the Suns made him look slow. But he lost like 20-30 lbs. last summer to get quicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom