[::OFFSEASON OVER. Lock Please.::]

Which New Laker Acquisition Will Shine The Most This Upcoming Season?

• Jordan Farmar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick Young

• Chris Kaman

• Elias Harris

• Wesley Johnson

• Ryan Kelly

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to be soon when players start tuning out Mark Jackson. You can only use those same lines for so long.

Last edited:
Another random post.... This is what my mind does all off-season

- Something that should happen next season.. Kobe should have 2 less shots a game.. MWP (if here) should have 3 less shots a game. Those 5 shots should be divided between Pau & Dwight

- I really like the idea of Nash - Meeks - Clark - Hill - Pau lineups when Dwight sits..

- We should be giving Earl Clark 2 year / $11 mil (2nd year team option). If Clark shows out, you have to keep him. If he is what you expect, you decline the option.

- Even despite being old.. A healthy Lakers team next season (relatively healthy, only minor injuries) should be 8-10 games better... That beginning stretch was awful when Nash went down then Blake went down.. We finished the season 28-12. If we started like that, we'd be the 3rd seed in the playoffs (but that's what happens when you start 17-25). Had Nash, Kobe, Blake, Meeks, MWP, and Hill wasn't rushing 3 months early, I think we'd have had a serious shot at the Spurs. The healthiest guy in the series was Earl Clark and his knees were shot.

- We are missing 3 players to be a title contender.. A PG nearly as good as Nash but 15 years younger (I have Nash somewhere between 16-22 in PGs.. So you'd want someone in the 16-30 range of best PGs in NBA).. A solid defender at the 2/3.. A really good 3 point shooter. I think we could get 2 out of 3 with Vet Minimum and Mini-MLE. Maybe hope to get that PG by trying to open up cap for another team with Duhon's partial-guarantee.

- With all the players that the Rockets have to get rid of and being right at cap if they got Dwight and only the Full MLE & Minimums to fill 7-8 more roster spots.. I am standing firm that the Lakers with Dwight Howard is better than the Rockets with Dwight Howard NEXT YEAR. Beyond that is irrelevant because Lakers are a different team.

- If we waive Steve Nash in 2014 between July 1st-August 31st. It opens up $6.5million more in cap space. But we'd be paying $3,236,700 over the next 3 seasons (through 16-17) that counts toward our cap... That is the "stretch provision."

Last edited:
Another random post.... This is what my mind does all off-season

- Something that should happen next season.. Kobe should have 2 less shots a game.. MWP (if here) should have 3 less shots a game. Those 5 shots should be divided between Pau & Dwight

- I really like the idea of Nash - Meeks - Clark - Hill - Pau lineups when Dwight sits..

- We should be giving Earl Clark 2 year / $11 mil (2nd year team option). If Clark shows out, you have to keep him. If he is what you expect, you decline the option.

- Even despite being old.. A healthy Lakers team next season (relatively healthy, only minor injuries) should be 8-10 games better... That beginning stretch was awful when Nash went down then Blake went down.. We finished the season 28-12. If we started like that, we'd be the 3rd seed in the playoffs (but that's what happens when you start 17-25). Had Nash, Kobe, Blake, Meeks, MWP, and Hill wasn't rushing 3 months early, I think we'd have had a serious shot at the Spurs. The healthiest guy in the series was Earl Clark and his knees were shot.

- We are missing 3 players to be a title contender.. A PG nearly as good as Nash but 15 years younger (I have Nash somewhere between 16-22 in PGs.. So you'd want someone in the 16-30 range of best PGs in NBA).. A solid defender at the 2/3.. A really good 3 point shooter. I think we could get 2 out of 3 with Vet Minimum and Mini-MLE. Maybe hope to get that PG by trying to open up cap for another team with Duhon's partial-guarantee.

- With all the players that the Rockets have to get rid of and being right at cap if they got Dwight and only the Full MLE & Minimums to fill 7-8 more roster spots.. I am standing firm that the Lakers with Dwight Howard is better than the Rockets with Dwight Howard NEXT YEAR. Beyond that is irrelevant because Lakers are a different team.

- If we waive Steve Nash in 2014 between July 1st-August 31st. It opens up $6.5million more in cap space. But we'd be paying $3,236,700 over the next 3 seasons (through 16-17) that counts toward our cap... That is the "stretch provision."

View media item 376591

^:lol:

I think CP's post earlier about "no trolling at the Heat thread if......" jinxed the Pacers :rolleyes :lol:

Serious question though, who do you think will win the Finals? Ugh I can't even stomach seeing Duncan's 5th nor Lebron's 2nd :smh:

^
laugh.gif

I think CP's post earlier about "no trolling at the Heat thread if......" jinxed the Pacers
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

Serious question though, who do you think will win the Finals? Ugh I can't even stomach seeing Duncan's 5th nor Lebron's 2nd
mean.gif
the spurs are our rivals, winning would bring up duncan vs kobe and pop vs phil. we really have nothing to lose if miami wins, we have magic with 5 and kobe with 5. two rings is chump change for us

eff the spurs

^:lol:

I think CP's post earlier about "no trolling at the Heat thread if......" jinxed the Pacers :rolleyes :lol:

Serious question though, who do you think will win the Finals? Ugh I can't even stomach seeing Duncan's 5th nor Lebron's 2nd :smh:
the spurs are our rivals, winning would bring up duncan vs kobe and pop vs phil. we really have nothing to lose if miami wins, we have magic with 5 and kobe with 5. two rings is chump change for us

eff the spurs

Thank you. I'm still mad the Spurs stopped the 4 peat in 03. **** 'em.

I wanted him two years ago, but the Lakers don't have the money for him.
i actually saw him at a starbucks while he was playing in china (i live in shanghai) and told him to sign with us

is there any way of freeing up some cap space? i dont like going into a season only having kobe being able to create his own shot

I wanted him two years ago, but the Lakers don't have the money for him.
i actually saw him at a starbucks while he was playing in china (i live in shanghai) and told him to sign with us

is there any way of freeing up some cap space? i dont like going into a season only having kobe being able to create his own shot

Nope..

We could Lose Dwight.. Amnesty Pau.. Cut Steve Nash.. And we'd have less than $10mil in space.

It's only the mini-MLE ($3.1mil) and minimum contracts.

2014 we have $30mil in space assuming we hold on to Dwight and don't cut Nash.

LTB ain't nothing wrong with what I said

I know bro. You know i got love for you.
Just jokes, no disrespect intended.

Man if I posted every thing I think about Offseason, it'd be sad :lol:

That stuff was the last few days of things.

Honestly dude, i feel bad.
I dont mean to make you feel like you wasted all that time and effort for someone to just .gif you. :lol:
I'll read over your thoughts and give you an appropriate response tomorrow, you deserve it. :pimp:

Last edited:
I can't... I mean... the Spurs? My body won't... I've tried to just...

... nah, man.

"So you're pulling for the HEAT, ska?!"

No, man. No, no, nope, and NO.

I like Chris Anderson, so... UUUUGHHHHH... I really don't want Wade to flop to another one!!!

"So you want the SPURS, ska?!"

Flopping ol' MANU?! No WAAAAAYY!!!

No refs. Then I'll watch.

How y'all rationalizing this Finals? Because I'm... 4 8 15 16 23 42

I can't... I mean... the Spurs? My body won't... I've tried to just...

... nah, man.

"So you're pulling for the HEAT, ska?!"

No, man. No, no, nope, and NO.

I like Chris Anderson, so... UUUUGHHHHH... I really don't want Wade to flop to another one!!!

"So you want the SPURS, ska?!"

Flopping ol' MANU?! No WAAAAAYY!!!

No refs. Then I'll watch.

How y'all rationalizing this Finals? Because I'm... 4 8 15 16 23 42
i hate wade as much as the next guy, but at least if he wins it will be seen as him riding lebron to the finals (could be taken literally). 

as i said, 2 titles is chump change for us lakers fans

I should really put those numbers in my sig, let people know it's a LOST reference.

Need Wade and Bosh to have a terrible series in route to a loss in the Finals to cast some doubt in LeBron's mind next season. :smokin

If Jerry Buss bought the Spurs, hired Jerry West, brought in Phil Jackson, traded for Kobe, signed Dwight Howard, fired Tim Duncan, murdered Manu Ginobili and brought Chick Hearn back from the dead, I still wouldn't root for the Spurs in this series.

************************************ that fraudulent franchise.

for me, rooting for heat or spurs is like asking would you rather be frozen to death or burned to death.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom