[::OFFSEASON OVER. Lock Please.::]

Which New Laker Acquisition Will Shine The Most This Upcoming Season?

• Jordan Farmar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick Young

• Chris Kaman

• Elias Harris

• Wesley Johnson

• Ryan Kelly

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Point being, Dwight's decision will not equal LeBron treatment from a national point of view. Comprendes?

Sure, nation wise there will be plenty of people celebrating him leaving, hell, Portland fans will give him a standing ovation if he were a Rocket or Hawk next year. :lol:

But what was said earlier was Cleveland FANS had more animosity towards Bron than Laker fans will Dwight, and that's not true.

The non interested parties booing Bron were just mad it wasn't their team that got 3 All Stars.

The actual Cavs fans, they were over it by the time he played like 2 games back there, they were cheering him, wanting him back, etc. We won't cheer Dwight, ever, if he leaves. :lol:

ACTroll, no, I would not be that guy. Even tho I love my team, and not one man like yourself, I don't go that far, ever. I'm actually a fan of my team, and the league as a whole, not just one man like your sad self.

the only way Dwight will get booed the way Lebron got booed when he went to Miami will be if the Dwight goes to Miami. Period.

Cavs fans were pissed because LeBron was the Cavs. Dwight is not the Lakers.

So the 'previous home fans' thing is completely different. So what about the other thing? What about fans of other teams?

fans of the other teams were pissed at LeBron going to Miami because they knew that meant success... immediately. Unless Dwight goes somewhere that will equate to immediate success, the backlash won't be the same.

im confused. people in here keep saying that if Dwight left we would be doomed for many years. But if he doesn't resign, doesnt that just leave us with even more money to use in 2014?  So really, if we lose Dwight and in 2014 sign two superstars at max in 2014 we are good no?

Dwight is who we use to bring in more players to play with in 2014 however. Sort of like how Wade brought in 2 guys with him, Dwight could be that guy for us. (In theory)

Otherwise, we would yes, have a ton of money, but absolutely no players on the roster to join up with. On paper, it would look like it would take longer to build something than having one prime superstar already in tow.

In theory.

Dwight is who we use to bring in more players to play with in 2014 however. Sort of like how Wade brought in 2 guys with him, Dwight could be that guy for us. (In theory)

Otherwise, we would yes, have a ton of money, but absolutely no players on the roster to join up with. On paper, it would look like it would take longer to build something than having one prime superstar already in tow.

In theory.
see i dont buy that.  I mean if you have a roster with only 1 player signed during that free agency time (hopefully he would have retired by then) and that team can afford 2 max players, two players can get together and agree to sign together in LA and we would be good.  Dwight would be nice to have to bring someone else in but nowadays players can meet on their own and decide to sign with us.

Lakers will always be the Lakers. Whatever anger you'll have for Dwight will be eliminated come Jan/Feb when you remember you get Kobe back

I'm not even entertaining Dwight this off season. If he leaves he leaves. He stays he stays. Whatever moves are made I want the FO to make the team better for Kobe to swoop in a chip :lol:

Some of us are severely underrating Dwight's impact on the game when he's not rehabilitating a major back injury through the season. He is a difference maker, without question.

Some of us are severely underrating Dwight's impact on the game when he's not rehabilitating a major back injury through the season. He is a difference maker, without question.

It doesn't matter what kinda impact he makes when he DOES NOT WANT TO BE A LAKER. He is leaving bro. We just gotta get ready for it. Great or not, when he chooses to single handedly leave our franchise there's nothing us as fans could of done. Us under appreciating his impact on NT makes no difference in him leaving or staying. That's all I'm saying.

Why even discuss how good he "could" be for our team when he isn't going to be on our team.

It's not like we're giving up on him and trading him to the Bucks. All the man has to do is sign his damn name on a Laker contract and he'll get all the damn support in LA. All he ever had to do to get respect from most Los Angeles residents was just simply say that he wants to carry the torch, and commit. But he's not doing either, and it's obvious he wants no part of this spotlight.

Can't make an impact long term when you're too worried about the pressure from the fans and the franchise than actually worrying about improving your game and winning championships.

Last edited:
Reading everybody's comments in here has left me with one bottom line in here:

None of us really want D12 here....some of us don't care if he leaves, others want him here cuz
there is no alternative in terms of flat out talent...but it's just plain obvious that none of us in here
really WANTS him here. Some don't want him, some don't care, and others want him only because
there is no one else.

That speaks VOLUMES to me about him. As much as I no D12 is gonna have a crazy good year next year
I just don't want him here. I'd rather go through years of basketball purgatory than have him honestly.
I couldn't invest in him as a player cuz I don't like him as person (at least what he portrays).

Lakers have bigger problems than Douche Howard. I honestly don't no what direction our franchise
is headed. In the past no matter what happened on the court I knew I could rely on our FO to make
Smart, Sound, Brilliant moves. 1st with West then his predessecor Mitch. Now it scares me to say
I don't no what the hell they're thinking...and with rumblings of fighting within...not looking good

I'm sure everyone already knows this but just confirmation:

Phil Jackson Says he was Offered the Lakers Coaching job

For the past few weeks Phil Jackson, has been reveling in the role of peace disturber. In promoting his new book “Eleven Rings: The Soul of Success,” Jackson has been strategically revealing somewhat controversial but interesting anecdotes here and there about his former players like Kobe Bryant and Michael Jordan to garner some interest.

In a recent interview on The Dan Patrick Show, the former Chicago Bulls head coach, revealed something that had been speculated but never confirmed about his courtship with the Los Angeles Lakers, earlier in the season concerning their at the time, vacant head coaching position.

DP: Were you offered the job?

PJ: I would say yes to the answer and the question. It was proposed to me without any hesitation. They wanted to hear me out and I wanted to hear them out.

DP: What happened 11th hour? Do you know all the details behind the scenes? They were waiting for your answer? Is that fair?

PJ: Yeah, I would say that’s fair. Obviously at the end of the process, Mitch Kupchak had asked to come along with Jim Buss, and at the end of the process Mitch said you know I’m going to have to continue interviewing people for the job. If you turn this down I have to be prepared to move on.

And according to Lakers Nation, Jackson went on to say that he wasn’t expecting Mike D’Antoni to be a candidate for the position, as he had been recovering from knee surgery.

So I guess that should curtail the speculation surrounding that topic, the Lakers offered Jackson the job and then unexpectedly took it away. I mean I can understand why Jackson would feel he had no real competition for the job and therefore could take his time, he did win five titles with the organization.

I bet Lakers Nation won’t enjoy this news, they’ve been clamoring for him to return since Mike Brown was fired and it will be disappointing for them to know that it was almost a reality. That must’ve been a blow to his ego.

L2B, I'm going to choose to ignore your negativity for the time being. :lol:

No problem. :lol:

I honestly want to be proven wrong. I want the man to commit, work hard this summer, have a healthy training camp, improve his offensive game and dominate next season as a Los Angeles Laker.

I just don't believe a tiger can change his stripes.

But we'll see what happens on his "decision" day.

I wonder if cp3 hae anything to do with vinny..smart move so they keep him.

Do the same for dwight lakers! Get phil jackson!!!

Reading everybody's comments in here has left me with one bottom line in here:

None of us really want D12 here....some of us don't care if he leaves, others want him here cuz
there is no alternative in terms of flat out talent...but it's just plain obvious that none of us in here
really WANTS him here. Some don't want him, some don't care, and others want him only because
there is no one else.

That's just nonsense.

People just don't want the circus surrounding his free agent decision..

Last edited:
I forgot to tell you Essential, although unlikely, yes, I agree it can't hurt to do that midnight thing with CP3/Dwight, and if I were Kobe and Mitch, I'd say maybe Phil would come on in as well. :nerd:

Like you said, can't hurt. :lol: I'd assume Phil might take a shot at that even if we'd still have some holes to fill, probably be a little easier with those guys lined up.

*Yes haters, we know that's all not happening, put your keyboards away. Settle down.

I forgot to tell you Essential, although unlikely, yes, I agree it can't hurt to do that midnight thing with CP3/Dwight, and if I were Kobe and Mitch, I'd say maybe Phil would come on in as well. :nerd:

Like you said, can't hurt. :lol: I'd assume Phil might take a shot at that even if we'd still have some holes to fill, probably be a little easier with those guys lined up.

*Yes haters, we know that's all not happening, put your keyboards away. Settle down.

A conversation with Mitch, Jim, Kobe, Phil, CP3 & Dwight... Is one I envision in which everyone talks at once.

I wouldn't even wait.. I'd call Phil now, and get it done.. Show you mean business.. Let him bring on Brian Shaw, and have that transition happen in a few years..

Deep down Jim knows he needs Phil.. And even conceded as much.

Phil would convince Dwight to stay.. And even as unlikely as the CP3 idea is. It would help the chance a lot... From .000000005% to maybe .05% :lol:

But although I hate the triangle... At this point, it will make our roster much better.. Works with an older roster, and does what our star wants.. Gives him shine.

Last edited:
I mean would it be crazy for Mitch or Phil to ask as part of a comeback for Kobe to do a Tim Duncan? I love Kobe, TD is the best PF of all time with 4 ships, 3 he won more or less on his own and a couple other chances that didn't bounce his way, he goes from 3rd or 4th highest player 2 years ago to making 4th most on the Spurs...Kobe's already made more basketball career wise and I'm sure the endorsements is 100% more...I mean all the talk of amnesty and Kobe claims to want one
more, heck in my mind he wants 2 to pass MJ, would it be crazy to think he couldn't take somewhat of a cut to help restructure to keep Pau and make a splash offer at cP3 and you know the franchises is in great hands for you to ride out in 2-3 years and youre not hoping/hitching the franchise on a oversized moody hipster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom