[::OFFSEASON OVER. Lock Please.::]

Which New Laker Acquisition Will Shine The Most This Upcoming Season?

• Jordan Farmar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick Young

• Chris Kaman

• Elias Harris

• Wesley Johnson

• Ryan Kelly

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not believe a team over the salary cap can sign and trade players under this CBA.

We need P or Essential to verify that.

As I've stated before; teams over the luxury tax apron can't RECEIVE a sign and trade player in a deal. We can trade Dwight if the opportunity presents itself.

I do not believe a team over the salary cap can sign and trade players under this CBA.

We need P or Essential to verify that.

As I've stated before; teams over the luxury tax apron can't RECEIVE a sign and trade player in a deal. We can trade Dwight if the opportunity presents itself.

Got it. Thanks for the clarification.

(P.S. I've never seen you in this thread before... :lol: )

Lakers fans will go hard if he leaves, much worse than Orlando.

But it'd be no where near LeBron, not even close. Home town kid, drafted and playing for his home team, then getting an hour special to say he's leaving - compared to some guy who was traded to LA and played for one year, who everybody already knew had emotional indecisive tendencies.

I was a Laker fan I wouldn't be pissed if he didn't sign, too be honest I don't think he wants or could handle that Laker pressure. I'd be pissed I wouldn't could get any assets back for him. It's such a waste. If he's really leaving, Lakers have to find a way to get something in return. I just don't know if it's possible because of the cap, Essential?

Simply the fact that there are more of us, and more of us globally, not just in one state, is what would make our fire burn much brighter than Cleveland.

Exactly. Laker fans >>>>>>>>>any other fanbase anger wise. We'd demolish Dwight, not burn jerseys.

:lol: :rofl: if Dwight signed with the Rockets and every road game he goes to he gets booed by visiting Laker fans.

Imagine if the Warriors had cap space and he went with them.

At least a third of the damn Bay Area is a Laker fan, it would be hilarious.

Better yet, imagine CP3 leaving LA and opening up cap space for the Clippers to sign Dwight... :rofl:

Last edited:
He'll get booed, yea. But most people don't like him already, most Laker fans don't like him. Half of them don't care if he re-signs. The backlash won't be on LeBrons level. LeBron went from most loved to most hated in 5 min. After a year, Laker fans would get over it. Not to mention most of the Laker fans sitting in those Hollywood seats wouldn't waste there breath.

Not buying that at all. Yes they're are a whole bunch of y'all but at the end of day, there as just as much people who hate the Lakers as well, and most "casual fans" wouldn't care, opposed to how they did with LeBron.

But back to getting assets for Dwight, I know you can't sign and trade if you're over the cap. My question was more along the lines of "what can you do to get assets back?". For example, amnesty a certain player (Pau, Metta) to get under the cap to execute a sign-trade.

Last edited:
Exactly. Laker fans >>>>>>>>>any other fanbase anger wise. We'd demolish Dwight, not burn jerseys.

Coupe, you clearly underestimate Laker fans.

CP, you clearly underestimate the rest of world.

The rest of the world was not angry that LeBron left Cleveland. Angry with how he did it? Sure. But angry that he left at all? I remember that a VAST majority of us here on NT figured his time there was up. By the time the season started most of us were making fun of him rather than being angry with him.

Now, consider that around the country, and the world even, the majority of NBA fans are Laker fans. Dwight could not escape us.

So basically if Dwight goes to Houston and there playing on the road in other cities, random Laker fans across the nation are going to spend there hard earned money, buy tickets, to boo him? Is this going to be a national collective effort with Laker nation? Haha

I'm not saying Laker fans won't give him hell when he plays in LA. But nationally, if Dwight's a Rocket on the road - no one is going to care.

When LeBron left the Cavs dude, every city the Heat stepped into, everywhere LeBron went - Booed. I went to Miami games in Miami when they were playing the Knicks or the Celtics and half the place booed the hell out of him. I went to games in Boston, MSG - Booed.

That type of hatred, we will never see for Dwight. One - Because he's not the star LeBron is. Two - Because no but Laker fans would care.

Ya'll in here acting as if booing is going to help the Countless *** whippings we will receive over the next few years if Dwight finds his way to Houston... Think that Orlando Magic squad reincarnated with James Harden as the Man :x

We'll see how much of a ***** Dwight is when he's knocking us out the playoffs every year.... WE CAN NOT LOSE DWIGHT FOR NOTHING under any circumstance period.

all these dudes in here talkin bout good riddance are the same as the dudes he be talkin wild **** about their GF until she leaves and ya'll are distraught for years.... just chill

Unlike LeBrons situation where people were feeling upset, hurt, betrayed, offended, and unjust... Laker fans would be upset and relieved.

Boo's will happen, carnage will occur, but no one will be crying like Cavs fans were. We're not even expecting him to stay so it would be hardly 1/100th of the shock LeBrons decision was...

We all have our Dwight memorabilia and lighter ready to go, but that's as far as it'll go. No one will need anti-depressants if he leaves. I'm sure some people will actually have beers and celebrate his departure while they burn his jersey. Serious. :lol:

So basically if Dwight goes to Houston and there playing on the road in other cities, random Laker fans across the nation are going to spend there hard earned money, buy tickets, to boo him? Is this going to be a national collective effort with Laker nation? Haha

I'm not saying Laker fans won't give him hell when he plays in LA. But nationally, if Dwight's a Rocket on the road - no one is going to care.

When LeBron left the Cavs dude, every city the Heat stepped into, everywhere LeBron went - Booed. I went to Miami games in Miami when they were playing the Knicks or the Celtics and half the place booed the hell out of him. I went to games in Boston, MSG - Booed.

That type of hatred, we will never see for Dwight. One - Because he's not the star LeBron is. Two - Because no but Laker fans would care.

Right.... because Laker fans don't show up to other teams' games? Do you not watch these games?

And I don't know how you're evaluating that Dwight isn't the star LeBron is. He's a brand name, regardless of how you feel about him.

from what i'm seeing from my friends and colleagues who are laker fans, they don't really care if dwight stays or leaves.

they aren't emotionally attached to him as the cavs fans were to lebron.

i don't think there's going to be as big of a backlash as some of you are making it out to be. IMO.

Last edited:
I care because I know what it means for us if he leaves. A sustained period of non-contender status. I'm not ready for that.

Yeah but if the man leaves the man leaves. Whether we want him to stay or not realistically the guy doesn't want to be a Laker anymore, and it's obvious. So why pray that he by some chance gets persuaded to stay when we all know he doesn't want to? It'll be the same **** every trade deadline for the next 5 years.

"Report: People close to Dwight say he regrets staying in LA, is not happy and wants to be traded"

"Report: Dwight has private meeting with owner Jim Buss about direction of team.
No longer feels apart of the plan, most likely wants to be traded."

"Breaking News: Dwight Howard has requested trade and is only willing to go to Houston or Dallas, otherwise will be very unhappy."

You guys really wanna deal with that **** for 5 years in exchange for a defensive "impact?" The dude is gonna be toying with our franchise and our fans for half a damn decade if he stays, quote me. Instead of regrouping and trying to build a team of players who are invested in Laker basketball, were going to be kissing this guys butt for the next 5 years,
Babying him and praying he doesn't cause another Dwightmare. :smh:

from what i'm seeing from my friends and colleagues who are laker fans, they don't really care if dwight stays or leaves.

they aren't emotionally attached to him as the cavs fans were to lebron.

i don't think there's going to be as big of a backlash as some of you are making it out to be. IMO.

Thank you my man, thank you. If half the Laker fans don't care if he goes. What would ever make any one of y'all think he'd receive The LeBron James treatment? Especially on a national level.

Acting like thousands of Laker fans are going to show up to a Houston Rocket vs any home team, spend money, just to boo him. Y'all are tripping man lol.

Last edited:
I don't think you guys are getting it.

We all know Bron is a bigger star than Dwight.

And that booing you head in other cities were NOT Cav fans. Those were just NBA fans in general pissed at the decision.

There are NOT, more Cav fans than Laker fans. Just, no. That small group was surely butthurt and upset, no question, but they will not rival the anger that the Laker legion will.

Will boos reign down in Detroit? Maybe not as loud as if the full Laker team were there for fans to boo, but would there be Laker fans at that game booing? Yup.

You must realize that our fanbase is in damn near every city, every stadium, every year. It's why there are MVP chants in Atlanta, or Memphis, etc. Our fans load up everywhere.

Boston, NY, Chicago are probably the quiestest of Laker fan places, and even there there are plenty of our fans.

Dwight will get crushed, media, social media, in LA, in his city when LA is there, pretty much anywhere there's a Laker fan.

Burning jersey's will be the least of our focus, there will be Laker fans looking to burn Dwight, the man himself. :lol:

Laker fans believe everyone's star shall be theirs. Then we toss them when we're finished with them. You don't leave the Lakers, especially when you are a franchise type. Ariza was one thing, but he was replaced within seconds when Ron signed. No Ron would have ='d Ariza being loathed, and he was no where near a franchise level player.

So he will experience a few boos in rival arenas do you think that really matters i'm pretty sure every star gets bood at rival arenas, its not going to be any louder than normal, L.A will Hate Dwight for a long time do you think he really cares about that..... Their's a long list of players LA hates i'm pretty sure they have survived..

But continue to boo and attack our only Star player (Kobe's Injured) heading into this offseason and let him walk for nothing... because while your booing Dwight will be laughing while him and his new squad crush a Dantoni led team of Nash, Pau, & ****** steve blake

CP I get it completely, lakers have the biggest fan base in the country. When they're on the road they have a ridiculous amount support and plenty of fans show up and cheer there team. I've been to plenty games like those.

But why will that matter when Dwight and the Rockets go to Atlanta, or Chicago, or Charlotte? Are thousands of Laker fans from those cities going to spend money to boo Dwight?

No, they won't.

So at the end of the day, Laker fans would hate Dwight (even tho many seem like they don't care), but the rest of the nation wouldn't care where Dwight goes. When LeBron made his decision the rest of the nation cared, he became the most hated man in sports for a while.

Point being, Dwight's decision will not equal LeBron treatment from a national point of view. Comprendes?

I don't think you guys are getting it.

We all know Bron is a bigger star than Dwight.

And that booing you head in other cities were NOT Cav fans. Those were just NBA fans in general pissed at the decision.

There are NOT, more Cav fans than Laker fans. Just, no. That small group was surely butthurt and upset, no question, but they will not rival the anger that the Laker legion will.

Will boos reign down in Detroit? Maybe not as loud as if the full Laker team were there for fans to boo, but would there be Laker fans at that game booing? Yup.

You must realize that our fanbase is in damn near every city, every stadium, every year. It's why there are MVP chants in Atlanta, or Memphis, etc. Our fans load up everywhere.

Boston, NY, Chicago are probably the quiestest of Laker fan places, and even there there are plenty of our fans.

Dwight will get crushed, media, social media, in LA, in his city when LA is there, pretty much anywhere there's a Laker fan.

Burning jersey's will be the least of our focus, there will be Laker fans looking to burn Dwight, the man himself. :lol:

Laker fans believe everyone's star shall be theirs. Then we toss them when we're finished with them. You don't leave the Lakers, especially when you are a franchise type. Ariza was one thing, but he was replaced within seconds when Ron signed. No Ron would have ='d Ariza being loathed, and he was no where near a franchise level player.

you're probably one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom