[::OFFSEASON OVER. Lock Please.::]

Which New Laker Acquisition Will Shine The Most This Upcoming Season?

• Jordan Farmar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick Young

• Chris Kaman

• Elias Harris

• Wesley Johnson

• Ryan Kelly

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
When you all are done and look around the league and see most of the NBA has adopted a variant style of his system, maybe you all will cool off.

Phil got 11 titles, not a single other team runs the Triangle.

MDA never won Jack, yet half the league copied his style.

He may not be Phil, but he's >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Brown.

OBVIOUSLY mitch is laying down a contingency plan if dwight does not resign, which is what Im more excited in....

Max money for another FA.......cp3???????????

Id take CP3>Dwight

I believe a core of CP3 X KOBE X PAU can compete for a chip more competitively than NASH X DWIGHT X KOBE

Sorry to disappoint you... There is no contingency plan.

And there isn't max money to offer CP3 if Dwight leaves. Nor would this team be attractive to CP3 if Dwight is gone..

Here's the reality. If Dwight leaves.. This team dies a Slow, painful death over the next few years, and no rabbit out of the hat move will stop this process until it is ready to end.

Last edited:
So I've listened to Max & Marcellus for today.. And Stephen A. on the show..

And I'm convinced and holding this position.

If Phil isn't the coach.. Dwight goes.

And a bit further
The writing is on the wall....... Just fire him. Get it over with... Screw the damn Full Season idea... What's the point of doing the whole MDA didn't have a full year, when this team will be dismantled after this upcoming year.

Oh no you didn't just say "You're convinced Dwight will leave".

OH NO YOU DID NOT!!!!

Am I reading this correctly?

When you all are done and look around the league and see most of the NBA has adopted a variant style of his system, maybe you all will cool off.

Phil got 11 titles, not a single other team runs the Triangle.

MDA never won Jack, yet half the league copied his style.

He may not be Phil, but he's >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Brown.

Like I've said before, saying _'Antoni is >>> Brown is like saying Natty Light >>> Milwakee's Best.

One being better than the other doesn't make something automatically good.

But again...we'll give him a 'chance,' since you and a few people use the lack of a training camp and preparation as a semi-valid excuse for his failures.
And before you jump down my throat, i'm very well aware of the injury plagued team we had last year lol...and dont drop that whole "We were 28-12 at the end of the season," stuff... who cares? What impact did we make squeezing out those wins against below .500 teams? What impact was he making as Kobe was carrying us with miraculous shots against the Hornets, Raptors, and so on in that little winning blitz of ours? Giving him the green light? Cool.

If it was unrealistic for me to say he should be able to coach Dwight and Pau to 1 win against the Spurs, then my bad.
But im not going to apologize for believing that with the full roster (assuming Dwight is back, even if hes not...) that he should show a considerable difference in the quality of our team chemistry next season compared to last. Because last year was a complete **** hole.

It'll probably take 4 losing season, Kobe retiring, losing Dwight, and being in the NBA lottery for the next half-decade to make you rethink how good he is...but so be it.
I'll wait it out and grab some popcorn.

I hope he succeeds, i hope we do. I dont wanna waste the last remaining years of Kobe and Pau's careers. We're giving him a chance, even though he clearly doesn't help our team in any way.

I bet you wish I stayed suspended huh? :lol:

Last edited:
Not even going to say I told you so...but I did. Been in my sig since the day that coup happened and Jimmy let his ego get in the way of logic.

Seriously at this point we can't afford to let Dwight just walk. I'm not o the biggest proponent of him, but he's our best asset even if he's not going to be here for the entire season or long term. If he gets back to the Dwight of ORL days physically, great; if not he can be flipped for some good to great pieces. And if it takes Pringles getting the axe so be it, this is our present and future at stake this summer, we cannot let him walk.

Last edited:
Oh no you didn't just say "You're convinced Dwight will leave".

OH NO YOU DID NOT!!!!

Am I reading this correctly?

Yeah... I don't think this was something that really had any chance until about a month ago.. Had Kobe not had a serious injury, there is a small relative chance that he leaves... Also the poor playoff performance, and MDA's refusal to adjust to what was in front of him in the last couple of weeks, and against the Spurs..

I say keeping MDA I think it is 60/40 he stays.... The money and the prestige still resonate with him, and give us the favor.

If Phil is the coach it's 100/0 he's staying.

Any other coach probably improves our chances as well.

Not even going to say I told you so...but I did. Been in my sig since the day that coup happened and Jimmy let his ego get in the way of logic.

You mean Jerry... His last hope was to transform the Lakers back into Showtime...

Keep thinking that, everything that I've read and heard from those with "insider information" know that the power shift transition had been taken place especially with the late Dr. Buss' health declining. Jim was running the show, hates Phil and wanted to get rid of anything dealing with him. See hiring Mike Brown in the 1st place not even giving his discipile Brian Shaw a look, then passing on Phil again when he was seemingly there for the taking.

Dr Buss isn't here anymore so whatever happens from now on is all on Jim, he's not going to have his father to take the fall and defend him anymore, his father's legacy is cemented in NBA history as one of if not the best owner in the history of the league. Jim's on the other hand is not off to a good start.

Yeah... I don't think this was something that really had any chance until about a month ago.. Had Kobe not had a serious injury, there is a small relative chance that he leaves... Also the poor playoff performance, and MDA's refusal to adjust to what was in front of him in the last couple of weeks, and against the Spurs..

I say keeping MDA I think it is 60/40 he stays.... The money and the prestige still resonate with him, and give us the favor.

If Phil is the coach it's 100/0 he's staying.

Any other coach probably improves our chances as well.

I'll agree if Phil was coach he'd stay. But Phil's not coming back to coach, no way. He was just on Dan Patrick this morning talking about it, once again.

If D'Antoni stays ill say what I've been saying all year. Very probable chance Dwight goes. Especially after how bad his first year went. Still a chance he can stay in LA (I'd say 40 percent), but when it all boils down to it, Houston is the perfect match for him. Especially with McHale coaching, the shooters/youth, and the tax.

The Laker prestige and expectations are built for those who can stand them and challenge it. Dwight has and will never live up to them.

I do hope the Lakers sign him tho, then trade him for some draft picks or pieces next season. They'd be better off, hopefully the Lakers can pitch that to Dwight "sign here, you'll get the money then we'll trade you before the deadline - benefits all)

Does anyone have any insight on to what exactly this means: Stretch provision ONLY applies to contracts signed under the 2011 CBA.

Came across it on the Twitterfeed. So theoretically these new contracts can be "restructured".

Let me get this straight...

Dwight's not happy with D'Antoni because during the season he felt as if MDA didn't respect, or marginalized his ability to lead. Someone needs to tell Dwight that as long as he carries himself in the manner in which he does, that's exactly how he'll be looked upon. There's nothing about him that says leader, so I'm curious as to how he figures that D'Antoni disrespected him that way. 

Sounds like damage control if you ask me as Dwight may be planning his escape from LA...find someone else to take the blame, that way no one hates you in the end. D'Antoni is an easy target in this case, I'm not falling for the pump fake on this one. 
mean.gif

I remember during the DWIGHTMARE stating multiple times, I DONT WANT HIM ORLANDO. I didnt want this drama.
I knew it would be this way.

Was I glad his talents were on our team for the season? Sure. WHy not?
But will i cry tears of depression if he leaves? Absolutely not.

Dude is the definition of a big baby. He'll never be satisfied. If he stays and commits to us, then i'll be pleasantly surprised and I'll have no choice to support him since he'll clearly be our future. It would show a sign of maturity and commitment to LAKER basketball if he stays. It would show he isnt afraid of the spotlight, he isnt as sensitive to the criticism as we thought, and maybe just maybe he's ready to play like THE MAN. But...

If he leaves...which is very likely what the big baby will do...BON VOYAGE Dwight. Wouldn't even be mad. Less drama for us.

Last edited:
It's all bs speculation. Why would Dwight want Phil anyways? Dwight thinks he can run the Triangle thru himself, he's dumber than I thought.

And Phil isn't going to baby Dwight, he'd be harder on him than Mike is.

Good job by Dwight's camp leaking this info.

It'll be his buffer if he decides to leave for the Rockets.

It won't matter. The world is smarter now, if he dips, Laker Nation will expose him all to hell. He'd have no peace. :lol:

We ain't Orlando. He will get it worse than LeBron in Cleveland.

Honest to god, all the Laker fans at my local barbershop here in Santa Barbara have already assumed he's leaving and have already started the **** talk. :lol: So I can't even imagine how it is in LA right now, some of you LA cats need to let us know what the fellas at your barbershops think about the whole thing. We already know what us Laker NT'ers pretty much think, so it's interesting and funny hearing non-NT'ers talk **** about Dwight. :lol:

The people at mine dont believe he has the heart to be a true Laker because if he did he'd already express his interest in staying. They're calling him a word I can't use on NT, but it rhymes with wussy. :nerd:

Last edited:
if Dwight leaves he better go to a east team cuz every time he plays in LA he's gonna get it bad, even the games against Clippers he'll get it bad :lol: worse than what Orlando gave him

Yeah, that's the problem with Dwight. I know he's wondering why he hasn't been loved in LA and his non-committal *** is the reason why. Part of it's not his fault - he tries to avoid the questions and the media reads into it - but his attitude when answering the questions could've been better.

I hope he stays. And while I don't want to fire a coach on the whims of one player, I don't want to lose Dwight Howard for the sake of Mike D'Antoni either.

BTW Phil Jackson's book comes out today. Excited to read it. I'm sure there's a lot of stuff in there for Laker fans.

It won't matter. The world is smarter now, if he dips, Laker Nation will expose him all to hell. He'd have no peace. :lol:

We ain't Orlando. He will get it worse than LeBron in Cleveland.
I can't even imagine how much worse it will be. Well actually I can, and it wouldn't be pretty. :lol: I wouldn't be too upset if he left. I'm tired of the what ifs.

Lakers fans will go hard if he leaves, much worse than Orlando.

But it'd be no where near LeBron, not even close. Home town kid, drafted and playing for his home team, then getting an hour special to say he's leaving - compared to some guy who was traded to LA and played for one year, who everybody already knew had emotional indecisive tendencies.

I was a Laker fan I wouldn't be pissed if he didn't sign, too be honest I don't think he wants or could handle that Laker pressure. I'd be pissed I wouldn't could get any assets back for him. It's such a waste. If he's really leaving, Lakers have to find a way to get something in return. I just don't know if it's possible because of the cap, Essential?

Mitch would be stupid not to give Dwight his wishes by not firing D No Antoni. Dwight >>>>>>>>>> DA. You bring Phil Jax in you guaranteed chips!!!!

I do not believe a team over the salary cap can sign and trade players under this CBA.

We need P or Essential to verify that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom