[::OFFSEASON OVER. Lock Please.::]

Which New Laker Acquisition Will Shine The Most This Upcoming Season?

• Jordan Farmar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick Young

• Chris Kaman

• Elias Harris

• Wesley Johnson

• Ryan Kelly

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to show you something about the Dwightmare Part III and why you shouldn't go with any one story...

This is from Kurt Helin of NBC Sports
Any word leaked out of Dwight Howard’s camp has always been that he would stay a Laker. But that hasn’t stopped some people from speculating he might go to Houston or Cleveland (even though his already damaged image would take another hit as he would be seen as running away from the team of Kareem and Mikan and Wilt).

Now comes another report — this from the well-connected Sam Amick of the USA Today — that Howard is not going anywhere.

"While the center who will be a free agent this summer has continued his noncommittal stance about whether he will sign with the Lakers or head elsewhere, two people close to him said they fully expect him to return. The people spoke to USA TODAY Sports on the condition of anonymity out of respect for Howard’s decision to wait until the summer to make his final choice."

im basically not believing any news story for the next month. its all speculation and means nothing.

media makes it seem like dwight can't make up his mind, that hes a bad guy, yet he hasn't even sad a word and probably won't during the whole process. all free agents take their time but they'll make it seem so dramatic. i get why, but at same time its really boring now. can't wait for it to be over.

Give me an hour, I'll convince every single one of you he's going to the Heat.

The next day I'll change it to the Thunder.

Cuz I can.

Don't believe a word til Dwight signs a contract.

[quote name="CP"]Give me an hour, I'll convince every single one of you he's going to the Heat.[/quote]"Who the **** you talking to? Not Me, couldn't be me. Nah, not me."

:lol:

I honestly wouldn't be sad if Dwight went to Houston, Dallas, or ATL :lol:

I say let Dwight walk and lets get the band back together.. sign Bynum, Odom, Ariza, Sasha and Mbenga :smokin

Oh, and Phil :D

Sun Yue...Chinese Magic Johnson :lol:

That 2009 team was entertaining as hell.

I remember going into the 2009 season, that the team had that fire in their eyes. Every game meant something to them.

Kobe press conferences during the playoffs were short and he meant business.

Last edited:
Sun Yue...Chinese Magic Johnson :lol:

That 2009 team was entertaining as hell.

I remember going into the 2009 season, that the team had that fire in their eyes. Every game meant something to them.

Kobe press conferences during the playoffs were short and he meant business.

Yea that 2009 team meant business. You could tell early in the season. Too bad they didn't get to play the Celtics again in the finals that year.

You know... I was thinking about something...

Mitch should get Kobe on hand July 1st Midnight, and conference call to max players. There really is only one I'm thinking about... And just try to sell him on a 1 year mini-MLE.. Then max him out the next year...

It's stupid, it's pointless, but it's bold.

If they turn it down, they turn it down, and play 5 years elsewhere like they were supposed to..

But, you can't win if you don't play...

Why would Paul take that risk tho? Just to play with Dwight in their now late 20's after Kobe leaves?

The risk of playing that year for peanuts, with his knee......he'd risk guaranteed 80-100 mil. I dunno. I don't see that one.

Why would Paul take that risk tho? Just to play with Dwight in their now late 20's after Kobe leaves?

The risk of playing that year for peanuts, with his knee......he'd risk guaranteed 80-100 mil. I dunno. I don't see that one.

You're 100% right.. He doesn't have to take that risk..

But...

The Lakers lose absolutely nothing by throwing it out there..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom