[::OFFSEASON OVER. Lock Please.::]

Which New Laker Acquisition Will Shine The Most This Upcoming Season?

• Jordan Farmar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick Young

• Chris Kaman

• Elias Harris

• Wesley Johnson

• Ryan Kelly

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That tweet by Lakers Nation rings true. It'll be hard courting Dwight if you're taking him out for dinner in Los Angeles or discussing a future while Manhattan Beach is in the background.

From Woj's twitter
Kurt Rambis has emerged as a strong candidate to join Mike D'Antoni's coaching staff with the Lakers, league sources tell Y! Sports.

And an article in relation to why MDA isn't hiring any ast. coaches.

After two years of careful planning and preparation to make themselves irresistible to Dwight Howard, the Houston Rockets have emerged as the frontrunners to sign the free agent center and will make a formal presentation to him on Sunday night in Los Angeles, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.
The Rockets, Atlanta Hawks, Dallas Mavericks, Golden State Warriors and Lakers will make presentations between Sunday's midnight ET start of free agency and Tuesday evening, sources told Y! Sports.

Howard doesn't want this process to extend long beyond his final meetings on Tuesday and could have a decision before the end of the week, sources said.

Dwight Howard might need less than a week to decide where he wants to sign. "He wants to make a decision based on basketball more than anything else," one source with knowledge of Howard's thinking told Y! Sports.

For this reason, Howard has been leaning toward the Rockets in recent weeks and considers them the only team that would instantly allow him to play for a championship contender, sources said. The Lakers aren't out of contention for Howard, but they are running second with the meetings starting Sunday in Los Angeles, sources told Y! Sports.

Two of the biggest hurdles facing the Lakers' ability to re-sign Howard remain his disdain for coach Mike D'Antoni's system and a belief that the Lakers not only aren't a championship contender as constructed, but lack the assets and financial flexibility to become one in the near future, sources told Y! Sports.

Although Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak has recently told D'Antoni that his job is secure, sources said, the fact that management hasn't allowed him to start hiring assistant coaches for a depleted staff has left many suspicious the Lakers are keeping the option of cutting ties with D'Antoni should it allow them to re-sign Howard.

And the one coach who has most recently been considered for an assistant's spot on the staff, Kurt Rambis, is closely tied to the Buss family and the ever-lurking Phil Jackson. The Lakers are desperate to hold onto Howard, and the reality remains that two of the people who should be most important in the retainment process – D'Antoni and star Kobe Bryant – have poor relationships with him.

I'm sorry, what? Lack of financial flexibility???????? The **** are they talking about?

We're 12 months away from having 25-55 million in cap space depending on Dwight staying or not. That's not flexible?

Idiots. :lol:

I heard the Front Office made the decision on Kurt not MDA..
won't be surprised if it was Phil whispering in the ear of his #bae to help make this move.
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Phil Jackson has spoken 
nerd.gif

@dwighthoward “i’m going up to the country going to paint my mailbox blue.” While i’m there I expect to see you get on board tis ur place
smokin.gif

•  

Last edited:
Gonna move up to the country
Paint my mailbox blue
Gonna Move up to the country
Paint my mailbox blue
Put some flowers on it baby
Paint some trailin' vines and dew

You know I'm leavin' LA baby
Don't you know this smog's got me down
I'm leavin' LA baby
Don't you know this smog has got me down
I'm goin' up to the country
Where there ain't no doggone smog around

Well, come here baby
Sugar, let your papa take you by the hand
Well, come here baby
Sugar, let your papa take you by the hand
Well, you be my woman
And I'll be your city-boy, country man.

I'm gonna move up to the country
Gonna paint, gonna paint, gonna paint, my mailbox blue
Move up to the country
Gonna paint my mailbox blue
Put some flowers on it honey
Paint some trailin' vines and dew

PJax is going to Montana to chill. He's supposed to be back in LA in 1 month... Maybe D'Antoni will be fired by then...

What if....

Rambis and PJAX as the Lakers assisfant coach. Sounds crazy but think about it...

Lakers go on a bad start somehow...it'll be easier for the Lakers to fire MDA and just bump PJax as head coach without causing any conflict.

What if....

Rambis and PJAX as the Lakers assisfant coach. Sounds crazy but think about it...

Lakers go on a bad start somehow...it'll be easier for the Lakers to fire MDA and just bump PJax as head coach without causing any conflict.

yea because you know phil jackson the man with 11 rings as a coach would be all in for being an assistant coach under the legendary ringless mike antoni?

Why not? It's all apart of the process?

The Lakers don't want to make themselves look like fools just firing MDA because Dwight is on board.

What if....

:lol: @ the thought of Phil Jackson being an assistant coach under anybody

Why not? It's all apart of the process?

The Lakers don't want to make themselves look like fools just firing MDA because Dwight is on board.

and just how would they look like fools firing that jack *** antoni? mike brown is off the books

they would look more foolish hiring phil jackson as an assistant coach than they would firing antoni

and if rambis is coming back as an assistant coach only way that makes sense if phil coming back on that light schedule where pjax coaches home games and rambis coaches on the road.

but that only happens if dwight comes back.

hell what the hell am i doing getting caught up in talking bout phil. this guy aint coming back to coach and dwight aint staying...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom