[::OFFSEASON OVER. Lock Please.::]

Which New Laker Acquisition Will Shine The Most This Upcoming Season?

• Jordan Farmar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick Young

• Chris Kaman

• Elias Harris

• Wesley Johnson

• Ryan Kelly

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like for this team to start from scratch and rebuild this season but as a fan I want kobe to get one last run (and makes entirely too much money to tank the season)...

I wouldn't mind running with the Pau/Clark/MWP/Kobe/Nash for next season to be honest. Keep Blake let Hill work, let DMoe develop at the 1 (and defend), let Meeks and Kelly knock down 3s, and sacre come off the bench hacking and grabbing boards. I'd even slide Pau to the 4 sometimes w/ Hill and Sacre for some toughness/finesse front court. I'd still sign a guy like Monta for the bench if the price is right. Let him be a spark plug/ball handler.

Less headaches in the locker room, everybody be on the same page and play off one another and let Mike do his thing coaching. Could be a flop, could be a run.

Guy goes 46 and 19 in a playoff game and mans bringing up 1 assist. :lol:

Elite all time Centers average 2.5-3 assists a game.

I "think" 46 and 19 makes up for a lack of 2 assists. :rofl:

Wouldn't you just move Kobe to the 3? Why would you put Monta on the bench?

I thought Brandon Jennings was the target anyways?

Last edited:
:lol: I don't think u guys play or watch basketball...

As a coach if u have the personnel to play Dwight one on one, give fouls, and keep the ball off of the perimeter you'd take that every day of the week in a series b/c the ball staying in one spot in one person hands. One person not gonna win a series :lol:

Last edited:
Doesn't want Dwight

Wants Monta

I feel like the loneliest Laker fan right now. What the **** is happening around here? :smh: :lol:

Quote:
laugh.gif
 I don't think u guys play or watch basketball
could say the same about you

this dwight thing is tearing us apart and putting us against one another

Last edited:
Since 06-07.. Only 4 teams that made the finals were not top 11 in 3P FG%. 07 Cavs, 09 Lakers, 10 Celtics, 10 Lakers.

So that means 10 of the 14 finals teams were top 11 in 3P FG%.

3 of those teams were star players barreling through competition..

Last edited:
Guy goes 46 and 19 in a playoff game and mans bringing up 1 assist. :lol:

Elite all time Centers average 2.5-3 assists a game.

I "think" 46 and 19 makes up for a lack of 2 assists. :rofl:

U get 3-4 ast in a game as a center that means your drawing double teams, other players got wide open shots b/c the other team respected what u were doing offensively and said "Hey we need to stop this guy" :lol:

U judging that game off the boxscore I'm judging by what I remember seeing. Dwight getting sent to line, getting Putbacks off of jameer misses, and the hawks playing him one on one in the post.... Oh and Dwight shooting well above his avg at the line that night

Wouldn't you just move Kobe to the 3? Why would you put Monta on the bench?

I thought Brandon Jennings was the target anyways?

I'd start kobe at the 2 and bring Monta off the bench. He's instant offense like Crawford and JR. 6th man would take some responsibility off him too.

BJ gonna be too expensive

I keep it funky and now I want Monta over Dwight Howard :rofl:

Clearly said that 100M+ contract isn't worth signing Dwight to b/c he's one dimensional. I don't think he is a max player. He might be a max ATHLETE but this isn't track and field b :lol:

C'mon son Shaq was leading the league in scoring at 22 (granted Mike was gone) but that's MVP, Max contract type of play on the court. Dwight is 27 a great DEFENSIVE player coming off two serious injuries.

I'd rather have Tyson for bout 50M less and wait for some free agents :lol:

Last edited:
Hold on everybody! Man D12 got us at each others necks lol

I don't think anyone in here wants D12 here to be the #1 option, if you do than you're gonna be disappointed.
But there is NO better #2 option than him, he is the perfect C for another superstar guard. There is no denying
that.

I keep it funky and now I want Monta over Dwight Howard :rofl:

Clearly said that 100M+ contract isn't worth signing Dwight to b/c he's one dimensional. I don't think he is a max player. He might be a max ATHLETE but this isn't track and field b :lol:

C'mon son Shaq was leading the league in scoring at 22 (granted Mike was gone) but that's MVP, Max contract type of play on the court. Dwight is 27 a great DEFENSIVE player coming off two serious injuries.

I'd rather have Tyson for bout 50M less and wait for some free agents :lol:

The problem is you're talking basketball sense from a franchise pov, and I don't disagree with anything you say
about Dwight ...but there is no C touching him in the league even with his offensive shortcomings

The problem is you're talking basketball sense from a franchise pov, and I don't disagree with anything you say
about Dwight ...but there is no C touching him in the league even with his offensive shortcomings

Investing that kinda money into the C is a waste in this day in age. Especially one that that's not going to dominate on both ends. The second best player in the league only making $85M at only 24yrs of Age (no where near his prime) and people in this thread want to pay Dwight Howard $120M at 27 going on 28 w/ two major injuries under his belt? Lakers sign him for that kinda money we're done. Finished

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom